[NC2019] Grand Final & Bronze Match

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watly said:
Thunderbeu said:
Watly said:
Rules & Regulations said:
(1) All matches must be played on dedicated tournament servers. Exceptions can be made at the admins' discretion if doing so provides a better playing environment.

Not trying to be a dickhead here but could you not see the ping differential?

France home 20.75
France away 95.875

Na home 38.375
Na away 103.75

Do I see a difference? Yes, for sure. Do I think this is an acceptable difference? Also yes, for sure. The difference is also definitely not as extreme as NA vs Poland, where the same rule was applied in your favour.
Ok hold on, gunna need to see how you did your math here... These are some sketchy numbers

Thunderbeu said:
Fietta said:
Thunderbeu said:
By your logic Fietta then NA should just forfeit?

The ping differential was in favour of the french and NA still had more opportunities to win the match I think it was as fair as you will get

Doesn't matter if it was in 'favour' when it comes to away, no one is winning rounds on away, that's the point. NA didn't have more opportunities in the match, it's just whoever can weasel one round on away to win the match, NA could be put up against like ImB and the result would be the same, not because NA are bad but because no one can play away when the opposing team has 80ping less on EU. You could've pretty much had any NA to EU matchup for the finals and the result would be either a 1/2 round NA or EU win because it would just be a home stomp. That's unfair when it comes to skill. I don't think you could convince anyone that the match was based on skill.

Just no lol, they were against poland and won without extra time?

I'd love to answer all your questions, however, you seem to be talking to yourself after Watly is so kindly deleting my posts, but to answer your question - teams make mistakes but the previous 3 sets were home stomps, which was the point i'm making.

Gorlock said:
Watly said:
Thunderbeu said:
Watly said:
(1) All matches must be played on dedicated tournament servers. Exceptions can be made at the admins' discretion if doing so provides a better playing environment.

France home 20.75
France away 95.875

Na home 38.375
Na away 103.75

Do I see a difference? Yes, for sure. Do I think this is an acceptable difference? Also yes, for sure. The difference is also definitely not as extreme as NA vs Poland, where the same rule was applied in your favour.
Ok hold on, gunna need to see how you did your math here... These are some sketchy numbers

Those numbers seem whack as **** Watly

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the UK server set up by a tournament admin, specifically for use in this tournament? how does that not make it a dedicated tournament server?

Besides, if the point is determine which team is legitimately superior the only thing that should matter is the making sure the match is as fair as it can possibly be, not adhering to one interpretation of an arbitrary rule.

Watly said:
Thunderbeu said:
Watly said:

France home 20.75
France away 95.875

Na home 38.375
Na away 103.75

just leaving this here...

home
41 POL
37,5 NA

away
125,5 ping POL
110 ping NA

Someone should post the Tardet, Lagstro and Watly convo that's circling around. Tardet comes off as a snake. He initially agreed the server was fine and then at match time he instantly turned hostile in this group chat they had. Watly just keeps offering to flip coins in the convo to make important decisions left and write.

Zacty said:
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the UK server set up by a tournament admin, specifically for use in this tournament? how does that not make it a dedicated tournament server?

Besides, if the point is determine which team is legitimately superior the only thing that should matter is the making sure the match is as fair as it can possibly be, not adhering to one interpretation of an arbitrary rule.

You are wrong, it was not set up by a tournament admin. Bullez provided instructions on how to install the server mod on a dedicated server. He has done the same for both TWC and WLC, as he is the one who continues to develop it.

I agree, that's why I ruled to have the match happen on servers available from the start of the tournament. I wanted to play it safe, as we have no direct access to the UK server nor knowledge of the quality of the server.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Someone should post the Tardet, Lagstro and Watly convo that's circling around. Tardet comes off as a snake. He initially agreed the server was fine and then at match time he instantly turned hostile in this group chat they had. Watly just keeps offering to flip coins in the convo to make important decisions left and write.

Tardet was clear at all stages that he personally was okay with it, but cannot speak for the rest of his team (the guys who actually played the match).

Watly said:
Zacty said:

You are wrong, it was not set up by a tournament admin. Bullez provided instructions on how to install the server mod on a dedicated server. He has done the same for both TWC and WLC, as he is the one who continues to develop it.

I agree, that's why I ruled to have the match happen on servers available from the start of the tournament. I wanted to play it safe, as we have no direct access to the UK server nor knowledge of the quality of the server.

Roberta_Baratheon said:

Tardet was clear at all stages that he personally was okay with it, but cannot speak for the rest of his team (the guys who actually played the match).
Post your ping math

Zacty said:

To clarify this point, Calamity helped us get the UK server through oasis hosting. Since I didn't know how to, I asked Bullez to put the NC admin mod on the server, and he did.

I don't believe Watly knew that before today, but I did make him aware of it before he made the final decision to force us to play on France. 

Tardet did know about the UK server for about a week now, and mostly assured me that he believed France would have no problem playing on the UK server, as it would likely still be in their favor any way, just a little less so than us playing on France. But Tardet never officially stated that they would ABSOLUTELY play on UK, he just made it sound like France would have been very unlikely to have an issue playing on the UK server because it would have still been in their favor anyway.

Watly's server quality argument makes me laugh though, because he literally played on it in a scrim against us yesterday. He knows very well that the server existed, and that the quality was fine.

Fietta said:
Pretty sure that the east coast severs are Virginia and not NY kinda abusing the fact it's called 'east coast'. Sneaky buggers!
It was clarified clearly to the admins that we were only able to set up a Virginia server. We would've preferred NYC as well due to lower pings on NA side.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Someone should post the Tardet, Lagstro and Watly convo that's circling around. Tardet comes off as a snake. He initially agreed the server was fine and then at match time he instantly turned hostile in this group chat they had.

I told Lag from the moment he mentioned it that I thought the UK server seemed like a great idea and also a 'fair' option however I also mentioned that despite being confident it wouldn't be an issue for most, it might cause an issue with some other french players so that I could not speak on their behalf fully. I am one of the two team captains but my job is mostly to organize the matches and make sure my team plays in the best condition possible, so my own vision of what's 'fair' holds very little weight in the balance when it comes to what the French team wants. When Paulo arrived, he agreed with the general sentiment of the other players so as Watly had told me a few days beforehand, we would play on the French server. The UK server was only a possibility brought up by the NA team, and while I was certainly a bit naive to think I could get my team to play the official on it, at the end of the day there was not much I could personally do myself to make it happen.

On the day, we were already 20 minutes late due to the server issues (and tbf it cannot be blamed on NA as they offered to play a bit earlier, we just couldn't as Paulo was going back from London) and I was only straight forward to Lag because I was there for NA vs POL and I saw how long the discussions dragged on and didn't want it to delay the match for ages when I perfectly knew we wouldn't come to an agreement. If that makes me look like a snake, then be it.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Watly just keeps offering to flip coins in the convo to make important decisions left and write.

Watly offered to flip a coin in order to decide on which side we would start, EU or NA, as there is zero argument to be made on why one team should start on a certain side first. That's pretty much about it.

wow na is salty cos for the first time pings were even and not in their favour :lol: honestly considering you wouldn't even make it to top 5 if it was just about skill and not wierd pings, you should be happy with your 2nd place

Error072 said:
wow na is salty cos for the first time pings were even and not in their favour :lol: honestly considering you wouldn't even make it to top 5 if it was just about skill and not wierd pings, you should be happy with your 2nd place
NA isn't really salty tho, just wish server information was more clear ahead of time. We lost due to mistakes. It was winnable for us but France clutched when it mattered.

most of na that played atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom