[NC2019] Grand Final & Bronze Match

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caius_III said:
Congratulations to France and well played to North America, they did an incredible job and the match was really tense, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Just wanted to mention something important in my eyes, Cow who played like a beast during the whole tournament came to see France on teamspeak after the match to congratulate them and I've never seen that before, considering the fact that he just lost a huge match that lasted a really long time and that was really tense he still had the guts to come on teamspeak to congratulate his opponents on behalf of North America. I don't think I would've been able to do that. Fairplay to him and he has all my admiration. Well played North America. The people trashtalking are always the ones who are not playing because they are too busy writing sh*t on Twitch anyway ( Including myself ).

Much love to you Caius and co <3

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Maximou said:
Ggs to NA intense match great final, (shoutout to you Roberta  :wink:)

I'm not on the team so I can be honest. Throwing a tantrum to Watly for 30 minutes the time of the match instead of dealing with this during the two weeks leading up to it is highly suspicious. NA was about to walk away but Watly was going to give France the deafult. So all the time that NA spent practicing was for a server that was changed 30 minutes after the match start. You cried to enforce France servers but in reality if the US did the same you would have played in Chicago with the terrible ping difference that the NA team played with.

Watly is the only reason France won the match. You guys almost lost the entire match in the first round. Then proceeded to mostly be dominated the rest of the match. You played well enough to keep to the home/away system because your team average's like 20 ping on your server.

You won because of bad adminning thirty minutes after the match start time. US should have backed out and played next week and you should have played on Chicago servers. But NA chose to allow this to happen as they have every NC.
Let's stop it there guys. What's done is done. Of course, everything could have been different but who cares, in the end, France won and they deserve it.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Maximou said:
Ggs to NA intense match great final, (shoutout to you Roberta  :wink:)

I'm not on the team so I can be honest. Throwing a tantrum to Watly for 30 minutes the time of the match instead of dealing with this during the two weeks leading up to it is highly suspicious. NA was about to walk away but Watly was going to give France the deafult. So all the time that NA spent practicing was for a server that was changed 30 minutes after the match start. You cried to enforce France servers but in reality if the US did the same you would have played in Chicago with the terrible ping difference that the NA team played with.

Watly is the only reason France won the match. You guys almost lost the entire match in the first round. Then proceeded to mostly be dominated the rest of the match. You played well enough to keep to the home/away system because your team average's like 20 ping on your server.

You won because of bad adminning thirty minutes after the match start time. US should have backed out and played next week and you should have played on Chicago servers. But NA chose to allow this to happen as they have every NC.

Stop you don't know what happened, the match wasn't won or decided by servers both teams had their opportunities

Caius_III said:
Congratulations to France and well played to North America, they did an incredible job and the match was really tense, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Just wanted to mention something important in my eyes, Cow who played like a beast during the whole tournament came to see France on teamspeak after the match to congratulate them and I've never seen that before, considering the fact that he just lost a huge match that lasted a really long time and that was really tense he still had the guts to come on teamspeak to congratulate his opponents on behalf of North America. I don't think I would've been able to do that. Fairplay to him and he has all my admiration. Well played North America. The people trashtalking are always the ones who are not playing because they are too busy writing sh*t on Twitch anyway ( Including myself ).

Cow's legend. Admin of three tournaments at the same time, referred the most matches this NC by a large margin, head-admin of the NA WBMM, bringing NA to a NC grand-final for the first time in the team history, under his 1st captainship, playing like an absolute beast and a genuine nice lad on top of that.

Class act.

Tardet said:
Also for clarification, I'm not deleting anyone's post.

That would be me, the infamous badmin Walter. It takes me just one click to delete, so put your negativity into the questions & suggestions thread where I can ignore them forever.

By your logic Fietta then NA should just forfeit?

The ping differential was in favour of the french and NA still had more opportunities to win the match I think it was as fair as you will get

Fietta said:
Thunderbeu said:
By your logic Fietta then NA should just forfeit?

The ping differential was in favour of the french and NA still had more opportunities to win the match I think it was as fair as you will get

Doesn't matter if it was in 'favour' when it comes to away, no one is winning rounds on away, that's the point. NA didn't have more opportunities in the match, it's just whoever can weasel one round on away to win the match, NA could be put up against like ImB and the result would be the same, not because NA are bad but because no one can play away when the opposing team has 80ping less on EU. You could've pretty much had any NA to EU matchup for the finals and the result would be either a 1/2 round NA or EU win because it would just be a home stomp. That's unfair when it comes to skill. I don't think you could convince anyone that the match was based on skill.

Just no lol, they were against poland and won without extra time?

(4) In case of a dispute or if both captains are unsure about the server location they should be picking for their matches, an admin should be contacted to work out the fairest solution for both teams.

While both teams played very will and NA did have many opportunities to win it, I don't think anybody can reasonably say the server decision was fair. I know it wouldn't be possible to have a truly even matchup but by no means did it have to be that bad.

Alyss said:
Btw is there a 3rd place match?

I don't think neither the UK or Poland have an interest in playing that match. Two weeks ago when I asked, Habrak told me he could try and gather a team if UK wished to play but in the other case, then didn't really care. I did let Gibby know and have not looked into it since then but I don't think much have changed so we'll just rank both teams 3rd or 4th equally.

Zacty said:
(4) In case of a dispute or if both captains are unsure about the server location they should be picking for their matches, an admin should be contacted to work out the fairest solution for both teams.

While both teams played very will and NA did have many opportunities to win it, I don't think anybody can reasonably say the server decision was fair. I know it wouldn't be possible to have a truly even matchup but by no means did it have to be that bad.

Rules & Regulations said:
(1) All matches must be played on dedicated tournament servers. Exceptions can be made at the admins' discretion if doing so provides a better playing environment.

Thunderbeu said:
Watly said:
Rules & Regulations said:
(1) All matches must be played on dedicated tournament servers. Exceptions can be made at the admins' discretion if doing so provides a better playing environment.

Not trying to be a dickhead here but could you not see the ping differential?

France home 20.75
France away 95.875

Na home 38.375
Na away 103.75

Do I see a difference? Yes, for sure. Do I think this is an acceptable difference? Also yes, for sure. The difference is also definitely not as extreme as NA vs Poland, where the same rule was applied in your favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom