[NC2019] Final Nation's Cup Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to remind everyone that this is a sign-up thread and not meant for discussions like the one above. If you have any concerns/complaints/suggestions/questions and so on, feel free to message any of the admins on TW or Steam. However, please keep the sign-up thread as clean as possible to make our work easier.

The truth is that Nations Cup is long ****ed. We allowed Belgium and Netherlands when nobody thought they would ever pose a threat. Ever since Scandinavia have won in 2014 and the time when BeNe started playing really well other countries were against them, some of them always have been to be fair. We also allowed a couple of people to go back and fourth between teams whilst not giving that privilege to people with a comparable situation, for whatever reason. Our latest **** up was allowing Wales one year when it suited them formatwise and then not even trying to enforce it the next year because the format was changed. Probably a little late trying to clean up the mess we have created by inconsistent ruling in the past decade, but definitely a discussion we should have going for Bannerlord.

BANNER:
FZXrX1i.png
NATION: Germany
CAPTAIN: LaPache - TALEWORLDS PROFILE - STEAM
CO-CAPTAIN: Bullez - TALEWORLDS PROFILE - STEAM
ROSTER:
LaPache1362405
Bullez1515503
Apfel3410174
Eder112729
Leonidas1558628
Ascarion385811
Firunien696320
Kawaii1138291
Yona93968
Rainbow147159
SnowBlind1172268
Haakon45952

Scar said:
The truth is that Nations Cup is long ****. We allowed Belgium and Netherlands when nobody thought they would ever pose a threat. Ever since Scandinavia have won in 2014 and the time when BeNe started playing really well other countries were against them, some of them always have been to be fair. We also allowed a couple of people to go back and fourth between teams whilst not giving that privilege to people with a comparable situation, for whatever reason. Our latest **** up was allowing Wales one year when it suited them formatwise and then not even trying to enforce it the next year because the format was changed. Probably a little late trying to clean up the mess we have created by inconsistent ruling in the past decade, but definitely a discussion we should have going for Bannerlord.

I enjoyed manipulating Rey into banning the players who I knew were English, thanks for reminding me. You've also misunderstood, BeNe being a threat wasn't the issue - or atleast wasn't the main issue, they clearly lied (as I proved in 2017) about not getting enough players for Belgium, this happened over countless years. Any team that is unable to actually form a team on their own, an alliance is fine, but in the case of BeNe, there was no excuse. The fact Wales could exist was fine, it's just another team as there were more than enough players from the particular country to form one (well, at least I thought there were), so why not? Obviously it being a Nation was just me fooling Robin, but hey ho. There's far more justification behind Wales being a country in the Nation's cup than BeNe, fact.

Probably shouldn't get worked up about others "fooling" admins if you are happy to do so yourself. Also BeNe is an overhead structure of two countries, Wales is a division of a country, so these cases are not really comparable.

I don't think anyone in BeNe is fooling admins, no admin is dumb enough to believe there's any justification behind it, they're just trying to keep the peace and have more teams play. I doubt if BeNe were forced to create Belgium and Netherlands as separate team, they'd happily do so (they'd probably just not sign up at all), the reason they've formed is so they can get the best of both worlds Nations. There's been more controversy over the years regarding BeNe than not.

Scar said:
Wales is a division of a country, so these cases are not really comparable.

Correct, but that '**** up' was far less severe and unreasonable compared to that of BeNe - which you keep forgetting as you only seem to have something against Wales. The only people who got really upset are the fact the UK team couldn't stop crying about the name change, rather than the Welsh team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of BeNe either. It is a fact though that the alliance was allowed during the first Nations Cup in 2010 already, and it didn't cause much controversy until 2014 when alliance teams were starting to consistently outperforming single nation teams. All I'm saying is that Nations Cup suffers from bad decisions and a lack of honest discussions when it mattered, now we have set a couple of almost contradicting precedents that are hard to break up without alienating a portion of the community.

Fietta said:
Correct, but that '**** up' was far less severe and unreasonable compared to that of BeNe - which you keep forgetting as you only seem to have something against Wales. The only people who got really upset are the fact the UK team couldn't stop crying about the name change, rather than the Welsh team.
I have something against Wales because you managed to get that team through on a made up argument that you yourself didn't believe in and that people didn't stand up to. You just admitted yourself that you don't believe it should have been formed if the admin team hadn't been too cucked to say something.

Fietta said:
Correct, it's just none of this should carry over to Bannerlord's Nation's cup (which would most likely be happening, regardless of how **** the game is). Bannerlord? No Alliances mate.  :razz:
Yes exactly.

To change the subject a little bit, I did recap all the teams which signed-up for the event thus far, in case some people are wondering and don't want to scroll back through the thead:

- Germany
- BeNe
- Italy
- Spain
- Poland A
- Poland B
- Turkey
- Argentina A
- Argentina B
- United Kingdom
- Romania

I also know that France has started practising and will likely have a team going but I'm curious if anyone has heard something about the following countries? Some might be obvious answers but I'm sort of out of the loop so doesn't hurt asking:

USA?
Russia?
Ukraine?
Finland?
Norden?
The Czech Republic?

Also if any of the quoted nations, current, potential or other not listed, are in need of extra players, this might prove useful: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=41535.0

Tardet said:
To change the subject a little bit, I did recap all the teams which signed-up so far for the event thus far, in case some people are wondering and don't want to scroll back through the thead:

- Germany
- BeNe
- Italy
- Spain
- Poland A
- Poland B
- Turkey
- Argentina A
- Argentina B
- United Kingdom
- Romania

I also know that France has started practising and will likely have a team going but I'm curious if anyone has heard something about the following countries? Some might be obvious answers but I'm sort of out of the loop so doesn't hurt asking:

USA?
Russia?
Ukraine?
Finland?
Norden?
The Czech Republic?

Also if any of the quoted nations, current, potential or other not listed, are in need of extra players, this might prove useful: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=41535.0
NA will have a team of some sort

Tardet said:
To change the subject a little bit, I did recap all the teams which signed-up so far for the event thus far, in case some people are wondering and don't want to scroll back through the thead:

- Germany
- BeNe
- Italy
- Spain
- Poland A
- Poland B
- Turkey
- Argentina A
- Argentina B
- United Kingdom
- Romania

USA?
Russia?
Ukraine?
Finland?
Norden?
The Czech Republic?

You can expect Czech Republic to sign up, not sure if they plan to reestablish a Czechoslovak alliance though.

DarkLight said:
Man how comes Argentina has the numbers to not only field one but two teams all of the sudden? Did Messi stream some Bannerlord recently?

There's a fairly substantial south american scene but they use a different forum. Chile and Brazil both have the numbers to field NC teams as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom