[NC2018] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

AS2Jd7P.png

QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIOS

If you have any question or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here!​

Are you actually considering someone seeing through walls worse than people who commit European felonies by ddosing other players? And no, I'm not referring to Arni, that's a thing of the past, but there have been much more recent cases.

Fietta said:
That moment when Kane accepts Kani and Tallie over Surkan and Watly and now they're both salty and finding excuses. You're bad.

I know you're flame baiting, but even if that were true, it does not demean the point that ddos'ing is bad on a whole different level from cheating. In the Netherlands, ddos'ing has a punishment of up to 1 year in prison and possibly up to 6 years depending on which article the judge decided to apply. You might have guessed it, but the outside world doesn't care about cheating in warband.

So why are cheaters banned but do we allow ddos'ers to not only play, but even allow one to co-host the tournament? It's the height of hypocrisy and shows that people are either unable to understand how harmful ddos'ing is, or are simply turning a blind eye.

PhantomMaB said:
Because people can change.
Because "people" play so good that they are easily forgiven aslong as they play in your team u mean. Who will stand up for Odin and Eduard in one year? I doubt anyone will for "medium" players.
"a good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad the good" ~Stannis Baratheon
And i dont think "people" have ever done a good act besides playing good.
Rules are the same for everyone, when it is said hacking and ddosing are crimes in this community that are followed by lifetime bans, this must be true for everyone proven guilty of cheating/ddosing.
How can people that defend this decision to let "people" play again or even host tournaments take themselves serious?

Apfel said:
Because "people" play so good that they are easily forgiven aslong as they play in your team u mean

No idea why you have put 'people' in quotation marks. Are you suggesting Arni is not a person? Arni is, and was, a moron who did dumb **** and got punished for it. He was probably unbanned too early, afaik he was only banned from all tournaments for a year and a half or so, but the fact is that he has been allowed to participate in tournaments for the past couple of years. Do you want us to re-ban Arni from all tournaments? I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed if that is your goal here.

Apfel said:
Rules are the same for everyone, when it is said hacking and ddosing are crimes in this community that are followed by lifetime bans, this must be true for everyone proven guilty of cheating/ddosing.
How can people that defend this decision to let "people" play again or even host tournaments take themselves serious?

Obviously Arni got special treatment because of his skill, but you are blaming the wrong people for unbanning him. It was not the NC18 administration which reversed his lifetime ban, it was some admin team back in 2016. We don't intend to re-instate Arni's ban. That is not favouritism because of his skill, it is simply upholding a decision made several years ago and which has been upheld by every administration in the past two years.

Apfel said:
And i dont think "people" have ever done a good act besides playing good.

Arni has actively helped the community since he was unbanned. He has hosted several duel and 2v2 tournaments, he was a referee for the Battle of Bucharest and he has donated to several tournament prizepools. This doesn't make up for the trouble he caused 4 years ago, but it does demonstrate that he is prepared to give up his own time and money to benefit the community. That is enough for me to give him a chance as an NC18 admin.

Gibby Jr said:
No idea why you have put 'people' in quotation marks. Are you suggesting Arni is not a person? Arni is, and was, a moron who did dumb **** and got punished for it. He was probably unbanned too early, afaik he was only banned from all tournaments for a year and a half or so, but the fact is that he has been allowed to participate in tournaments for the past couple of years. Do you want us to re-ban Arni from all tournaments? I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed if that is your goal here.

He circumvented his ban the entire period by participating with different keys, let me remind you of him impersonating crashday.

Complaining on the forums has hardly ever changed anything when it comes to admin decisions unless it was vastly supported by a large part of the community. (which is far to be the case atm). If you want Arni to be removed so badly then I suggest the people willing to make this happen to do a petition of some sort so the whole admin team can at least see that this is something a majority of the community want and not only 4-5 people commentating on this thread.

As ridiculous as it seems, I can guarantee you this favour your chances more than any of what is said on this thread will.

Shemaforash said:
Gibby Jr said:

He circumvented his ban the entire period by participating with different keys, let me remind you of him impersonating crashday.

Which was wrong, and as I said in my original reply to Apfel I think Arni should have been banned for longer. It was not our administration which unbanned Arni, so these demands for him to be punished are misplaced. He was unbanned at some point in 2016, I don't remember when exactly, and since then he has made an obvious effort to help the community:

Gibby Jr said:
Arni has actively helped the community since he was unbanned. He has hosted several duel and 2v2 tournaments, he was a referee for the Battle of Bucharest and he has donated to several tournament prizepools. This doesn't make up for the trouble he caused 4 years ago, but it does demonstrate that he is prepared to give up his own time and money to benefit the community. That is enough for me to give him a chance as an NC18 admin.

That is all I have to say on the matter. I believe this post and the one I made in reply to Apfel sum up my point of view. We will not be banning Arni from this tournament or removing him from the admin team.

On the matter of Kani, we are looking at the evidence and will have a decision made very soon.

Back
Top Bottom