[NC2018] Congratulations, Acknowledgements & Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

AS2Jd7P.png

The Nations Cup 2018 has come to an end. This was not the biggest Nations Cup ever, and it was certainly not a landmark tournament in Warband's history, but I hope that people will remember it as an honest attempt to keep people playing Warband. It is a fact that the player population decreases every year as we wait for Bannerlord, and it is a testament to the quality of the people who play this game that we are able to have a tournament with hundreds of players almost a decade after Warband released. On that note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who put effort into this tournament to make it a success. Obviously I would like to thank my fellow administrators: Arni, dOGL, Tardet and Kane. All of you put effort into this tournament in one way or another, whether it was managing threads, running pick night, refereeing matches, organising streams or dealing with disputes between teams. This tournament would not have run at smoothly as it did without you. Next, I would like to thank the generous individuals who provided the servers for the NC18. Lord Metzger and the Chesire Cats Clan both donated top quality servers to this tournament, allowing teams from all across Europe and beyond to play together. I would also like to thank the excellent referees who gave up their spare time to run matches for teams, making sure that the players could focus on the game without worrying about anything else. I would also like to thank everybody who streamed matches, ensuring that we could all enjoy watching the best Nations compete against each other. Last, but not least, I would like to thank Yami pirate for her work with the statistics. I think everybody agrees that the amount of time she puts into it is incredibly generous and gives everyone taking part in the tournament a new competitive element as they hope to place higher on the leaderboards or win star of the week.

Congratulations must go to Turkey for winning yet another Nations Cup. There is no doubt in anyone's minds that Turkey is a top warbanding nation. Commiserations go to Spain for an excellent effort and a well-deserved second place. For the past two years the Spanish team has proven itself to be one of the best national teams in the world. Finally, congratulations to Poland on third place; Poland is the nation with the second most Nation's Cup medals, and although this was not their best tournament performance it is another medal to their large collection.

5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png
Y3FXIoA.png

czpnv.png
Airelhach
czpnv.png
Flawin
czpnv.png
Gordioss
czpnv.png
Khefren
czpnv.png
Menethil
czpnv.png
Nomes

czpnv.png
Pendragon
czpnv.png
Rayden
czpnv.png
Sir_Arthur
czpnv.png
TirtiL
czpnv.png
Tomayus
czpnv.png
Tyhke
q0I3ZXN.png

yyvjk.png
Asediado
yyvjk.png
Braulio
yyvjk.png
Charlini
yyvjk.png
Darklight
yyvjk.png
Dume
yyvjk.png
Magenstor

yyvjk.png
Piotes
yyvjk.png
Scarta
yyvjk.png
SirAlecks
yyvjk.png
Sparkie
yyvjk.png
Sparta
yyvjk.png
Traeeseron
LlTnDXa.png

kgqdb.png
Albert_Einstein
kgqdb.png
AngryNerd
kgqdb.png
Blackitt
kgqdb.png
Blade
kgqdb.png
CarpeDiem
kgqdb.png
Ghazi
kgqdb.png
Habrak

kgqdb.png
Harman
kgqdb.png
Maevi
kgqdb.png
Matthi
kgqdb.png
Sebek
kgqdb.png
Virus
kgqdb.png
Warhammer
kgqdb.png
Zahari

Thanks to Eduard for creating the awards for the Nations Cup 2018.

RxCJJJR.png

It's PRL's coat of arms (1952-1989): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People%27s_Republic
Here you have the right one :wink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Poland
The key-word:
The coat of arms of Poland is a white, crowned eagle with a golden beak and talons, on a red background.
This crown is a symbol of our independence, so it's important to pick the correct version, not the one established by the Soviet-backed government.

Dyktator said:
RxCJJJR.png

It's PRL's coat of arms (1952-1989): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People%27s_Republic
Here you have the right one :wink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Poland
The key-word:
The coat of arms of Poland is a white, crowned eagle with a golden beak and talons, on a red background.
This crown is a symbol of our independence, so it's important to pick the correct version, not the one established by the Soviet-backed government.

Here is the fixed medal:

LlTnDXa.png

As Gibby rightfully said, it certainly wasn't the best Nations Cup nor the most hyped one. Nevertheless, we tried to organize it as seriously as possible and I am glad it went rather smoothly all things considered. Once again, huge congratulations to Turkey for keeping up such a high quality of play after all this time and Spain and Poland for proving themselves as serious contenders throughout the whole tournament.

I hope the upcoming clans tournament manages to bring back some of the hype which was certainly missing on that one but, either way, I am fine as long as people get to play a game they still enjoy.

Ps: For the record, I remember a few people who wanted Arni removed from the admin position at the beginning of the tournament. I am not one of his friends but as someone who had the chance to work among the admin team for this NC, I can tell that he was (with Gibby) the one who put the most work in the organisation, at any level. Worth remembering for future cases.

Well done. There were things that could've been better, but overall it was rather a good tournament. I also confirm Arni did a really good job. He was always there to answer my questions and one could see he truly cared.

Back
Top Bottom