[NC2017] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Can't you guys just make a vote on this? Include the adminteam and captains on the vote. Really, ****k this ****t, it's already out of hand, don't let it overextend. (hmm, maybe it did already)

Your arguments won't really convince anyone if you disrispect them every time you reply Mono.

I want to continue on a bit with this discussion. I feel that people haven't even tried to answer Scar in any meaningful way so far, and I'd like some elaboration on some of his points.

There has not been a conclusive argument as to why Wales should be the only non-sovereign nation allowed to participate in this Nation's Cup, and not for example Bavaria or Siberia. Both Bavaria and Siberia are self-governing to a large degree, have their own national identity and their own dialect/language. Simply because Wales is considered a nation by many, does not mean the same case can't be made for other states/national groups.

It would become a gigantic mess if we allowed all these states/groups to form their own teams. A realistic concern would be with the American States, where there are, for example, enough Californians to realistically make their own team.

Another possibility could be that Germany players make a team Bavaria, even though none of them are actually from Bavaria. Players rejected for their national team now have a way to circumvent their rejection by making their own team and dreaming up some nation to achieve this. I am not claiming that Wales has taken players that aren't actually Welsh (although I'm quite doubtful of anything Natasha says at this point), but they are definitely in a position where they can take non-Welsh players and claim they are Welsh.

I am not spiteful towards Wales, regardless of what you might think, but allowing team Wales is essentially forfeiting any form of fair defense against joke teams. I thus hope that the administrators will either 1) make a genuinely good case as to why Wales and only Wales (or any other constituencies of the UK) should be allowed to participate as non-sovereign nation 2) explain how they are going to prevent joke teams from setting up in a fair way 3) revoke Wales's right to participate as a separate team and draw a hard line that nations have to be sovereign.

Two things on a side-note:

1. Typing stuff like this to people that are having a discussion:

Ceasar said:
Do they have to then?

Well really, who cares. Let them play, stop being such drama-makers, ffs.
Prußak said:
Scar, you should drop your clothes off and watch it over. You have too much time to write this ****, I was thinking you're a bit more mature. I haven't seen any Bavarian team playing in european/world scene in any sport. What a nonsense XD
Elite_Garde said:
Stop the drama and let them play. holy ****
KaneMaB said:
Holy sh*t, how is this still going on lol. This is a proper way to ruin a good tournament before its even started.
Just grow up and get over it, will ya?

Kane out.

Aggravates people and serves no other purpose than to clutter the thread. If a couple of chaps have questions, you don't shout them down because you don't like discussion.

2. It is still incredibly fishy that Kawaii is allowed to play for Austria, despite having applied for the German nation's cup team in 2016. It sends the message that if you get rejected for the German team, you can just go to the Austrian team instead. Any German can do so anyway, since there is no way to know for sure whether some German has Austrian roots or not. Can the admins post their official stance on why this is acceptable?

Watly said:
I want to continue on a bit with this discussion. I feel that people haven't even tried to answer Scar in any meaningful way so far, and I'd like some elaboration on some of his points.

There has not been a conclusive argument as to why Wales should be the only non-sovereign nation allowed to participate in this Nation's Cup

Yes there has
Wales is a country and as such takes part in many international sporting competitions against other countries.

The fact that a few people in the Warband community keep trying to evade the simple fact of Wales being a country does not change that fact. The fabricated complaints are certainly looking like spite at this point as are teh offensive remarks about a Welsh team.

The ISO shows UK as consisting of 3 countries (& a province) and 3 nations.
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:code:3166:GB

The UK gov website also describes UK as a country consisting of separate countries. That UK has a unique arrangement should not be difficult to comprehend. 

This is a non problem.

The full title of this country is 'the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. 'The UK' is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. 'Britain' is used informally, usually meaning the United Kingdom. 'Great Britain' is made up of England, Scotland and Wales. The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not part of the UK

Here is an image to illustrate:
KoctI.png

The countries participate individually instead of combined as UK in major sports for traditional reasons.

"With the unusually complicated nationality statuses, agreements with international governing bodies have had to be sought although in the case of older sports it was effectively continuing the existing arrangement."

The United Kingdom is a country that consists of 4 kingdoms (constituent countries): England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110824154210/http://www.statistics.gov.uk/geography/uk_countries.asp

This is fact, not something to "agree" on unless your country leaves the UK.

This is a non problem.

Of course the UK has a unique situation, but every country has its own technicalities when it comes to how the country is run. It still does not change the fact that Wales is not a sovereign country, despite being a country. It also does not change that it becomes possible for team UK rejects to claim they're Welsh and join the Welsh team.

Funnily enough, ISO does not view Wales as a nation, but combines England & Wales into one.

Rake said:
why can't you uk freaks come up with an easy name, name yourself the "uk without fietta" idfk
Haha, so true :lol: On the subject of Wales, it is definitely a country and a nation. People from Wales are Welsh and British, people from England are English and British. Wales should be able to have its own team but only if there is no UK team.

Watly said:
Of course the UK has a unique situation, but every country has its own technicalities when it comes to how the country is run. It still does not change the fact that Wales is not a sovereign country, despite being a country. It also does not change that it becomes possible for team UK rejects to claim they're Welsh and join the Welsh team.

Funnily enough, ISO does not view Wales as a nation, but combines England & Wales into one.

You show your true purpose is spite with the continuing insults.

Cite the source for the idiocy that Wales and England - two different countries with people of different ethnic origins and languages of a different origin are one nation.

Rosslington said:
Rake said:
why can't you uk freaks come up with an easy name, name yourself the "uk without fietta" idfk
Haha, so true :lol: On the subject of Wales, it is definitely a country and a nation. People from Wales are Welsh and British, people from England are English and British. Wales should be able to have its own team but only if there is no UK team.

The other team from the area will be the Scots + England team, only keeping teh name 'UK' as a matter of tradition and courtesy.  When there is a Welsh team there is no opportunity for Welsh play to join teh 'UK' team, as with any other alliance.

Shemaforash said:
"With the unusually complicated nationality statuses, agreements with international governing bodies have had to be sought although in the case of older sports it was effectively continuing the existing arrangement."

The United Kingdom is a country that consists of 4 kingdoms (constituent countries): England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110824154210/http://www.statistics.gov.uk/geography/uk_countries.asp

Where did the apparent quote come from? - it is incredibly inaccurate as there are not 4 kingdoms but as the gov.uk link you gave states
The top-level division of administrative geography in the UK is the 4 countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

anyone can put any old rubbish in quote tags and pretend they didn't just make it up.

Nobody is denying the fact that wales scotland northern ireland and england are countries, but they are also a nation together as united kingdom. you can't leave and re-enter a nation as you please and ignore facts/not respond to posts that negate an attempt at circumventing it. that's not how this works

Back
Top Bottom