[NC2017] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Snusmakaren

Sergeant Knight at Arms
epn9O.png

SUGGESTIONS & QUESTIONS

Do you have any suggestions, ideas or questions? You have definitely come to the right place at the right time!

Question -  So what teams specifically have supported this module? Since there is apparently a majority who like it? Just want to see where team stand on it and where they do not :smile: 

At the moment, the majority of people that have tried the mode are broadly in favour (except Poland and Russia who just tried it yesterday for first time to my knowledge).

UK is mostly for it
BeNe mostly for it (except Ceasar but he is not important)
Germany I'm not sure, think Yona wanted to try it out
Spain seem to like it but would prefer whatever brings most teams
France not fussed either way but would prefer whatever brings most teams
Rus & Pol strongly against
Finland strongly against!!!!1
Turkey mostly against

That's what I can tell right now, other teams still to put their input. Remember that yesterday was the first proper test so I'm sure people will become more certain of their feelings one way or the other in next few days/weeks. NC is also about a month off so plenty of time.

TurambarMakart said:
i support OGL !  :lol:

you've always been a weird person anyways ..

As for FRA, we'll have a meeting this week or next one most likely to discuss it within the team but for now, as OGL, I'm personally not too fussed about it,. This said, if my players are, then they can play it regarless of me being in the team or not :wink:

Team Russia asked me to expand on their views on the game mode after yesterday. If there's anything inaccurate I'm sure they'll shout at me to let me know.

They decided after playing the match that the game mode isn't actually that much different from the WPL system and so doesn't add much new to the game. Most flag position fights end up the same but the flag locations are much more predictable since there always seems, to them, a best place to go (e.g. closest flag). On top of that, since both teams know where fights will likely take place they can set up quickly, making archers very strong and class imbalances become more obvious.

They think to make the game mode worth changing it should add more than the current mode does, such as 5 flag spawns or removing the limit on how many times you can place the flag. Otherwise stick to the WPL system.

I doubt BeNe is in favour of the module whatsoever. Whoever made you believe that has obviously not asked the people that actually play for the team, the module is a joke of a way to fix issues that don't exist and is in no way able to be played competitively. I've actually considered just not playing, because despite the obvious work put in to the module, I don't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as the current competitive play.

5 flags on Sandibush hahahaha try this :wink:

More serious note, I think people like the idea of 5 flags but it will be impractical and will maybe make the game less fun for me anyway.

Surkan said:
...the module is a joke of a way to fix issues that don't exist and is in no way able to be played competitively. I've actually considered just not playing, because despite the obvious work put in to the module, I don't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as the current competitive play.

Correction, Spain likes the idea behind the mode but highly prefers normal one.

We appreciate the effort that went through the mode though, pretty nice and looking forward for fixes and balances but we prefer the WPL system.

Even though I am strongly against the game mode, I don't think the system we have is perfect. I just have the feeling this won't fix them, and might just bring new problems. "random" flag spawns are not that great, but just like Russia pointed out it is very obvious where attackers want to place the flag and where the fight is most likely to happen. Makes it very easy to try and prevent your opponent from planting the flag, or atleast get very good position to defend it. This might just end up teams running around for a minute trying to get the flag planted and because they are blocked they change direction and this cat and mouse situation just goes on and on. Not very exciting for the people who play, or watch.

Seems like we have a different understanding of what majority means :iamamoron: From your post I cannot figure out how you count the nations so you get the impression that the majority is broadly in favour. It also makes me wonder what the official opinion of Bene is, since what you've said differs from what Surkan said.

Just to clear up some stuff.

I was asked about a week ago what i thought of the module, I replied something along the lines of: "I don't think bene likes it or hates it, i guess you could say we don't know."
Ofcourse since then we have played the new mod a few times and people are starting to like/dislike it.

For now i guess we are still neither against it nor are we supporting it.
I may just be speaking for a few people of BeNe, i don't know everyone's opinion.

So let me get this straight, there are at least 3 nations that refuse to play with the new current game mode(Russia, Finland, and Poland) then there are teams that will play whatever mode brings more nations in(Spain and France). So right now there 5+ teams that aren't for it(looking at what BeNe has cleared up and that Turkey is mostly against it too). Last NC there were 16 teams, if you lose 3, you are down to 13, not to mention of the 3 teams, 2 of them are very much contenders year in and year out. Would it not be better to just do something that you for sure can get the max number of teams? Otherwise this NC won't feel like a true NC due to nations refusing to play this game mode.

I have yet to play it, but from what I have watched, it doesn't look that fun. Not even sure if my opinion matters all that much since I most likely won't be playing for team NA, but as a spectator, I most likely won't watch this NC, based on what I have already seen.

I feel it is rather stubborn of the admin team to try and force this game mode, when nations have specifically said they won't play it. If you want to do this, maybe have it in the ECL or another type of league like that, just NC, as many have pointed out, isn't the place for testing a new game mode.

MrNevino1 said:
I feel it is rather stubborn of the admin team to try and force this game mode, when nations have specifically said they won't play it. If you want to do this, maybe have it in the ECL or another type of league like that, just NC, as many have pointed out, isn't the place for testing a new game mode.

The admins are trying to force a mini tournament to test it to see if people enjoy playing the new format. If they don't find it fun it's been said that the tournament will use the normal system. These nations that have said they won't play are making valid points but it's still worth testing it properly and seeing how everyone finds it before a decision is made

I'm sure it's already been said: everyone appreciates it when admin teams try to breathe some new life into Warband to keep things interesting and spice up this aging game - but players either A) Don't like change (which isn't a good thing but nothing you can do about it) or B) Not enough enjoy the new idea in order for it to be successfully integrated into the game.

Obviously you can say "Ah typical ungrateful community, we're trying to do something new and exciting but they just want same old boring ****." I can understand that, but sometimes things just aren't meant to be, plus it's difficult to break old habits of what we're used to; as this new game mode is quite a drastic change compared to previous changes to the rules. It's fair to give you guys some more time to put forward this new idea as it's something different. But if teams aren't willing to play it by the next couple of weeks, I'd say we'll, unfortunately, have to go back to the previous game mode.

Suggestion - I think you should add daggers to sarranid cavs since it would go nicely with this new module.

iWbkGVi.jpg

I have made a nice image for the showing.

Prince Apollo said:
Suggestion - I think you should add daggers to sarranid cavs since it would go nicely with this new module.

iWbkGVi.jpg

I have made a nice image for the showing.

Back
Top Bottom