Status
Not open for further replies.

Snusmakaren

Sergeant Knight at Arms
epn9O.png

ANNOUNCEMENTS

GAMEMODE

Hey Bladers,

I hope you're all having a great time with the current tournaments.

Our staff has spent tons of hours everyday to make sure that this tournament will be a great one. As many of you know, we've spent much of that time experimenting with a new game mode. The new game mode made by Azan was looking very promising, we really liked it. We tried to help out Azan as best we could, and he extremely helpful throughout the process. So we were like, "why not, let's give it a try". But as we started working more and more with the new game mode. It was becoming more apparent that the community was not on board. We tried out some test matches, which went okay. We made an announcement about it on taleworlds, and tried to help the community with getting used to it. But as I said, it was just becoming more apparent that the community didn't want this change. So the admin team has been discussing the new game mode recently - amoungst ourselves and with the community. And we tried to get in contact with each nation to hear their thoughts regarding the game mode, many seemed to understand how the mode actually works. They shared their thoughts and we were very happy about it. But the majority dislikes the new game mode. We kept listening to the community and had some very good conversations with some of the people in this community. We received mainly negative response, but there were also people who were really happy to see a change in warband!

We felt like Native needed a change, but not everyone agreed. I, as an admin, have been speaking to loads of people everyday regarding the new game mode. We were unsuccessful with convincing the community about using the new game mode. Nations Cup happens once a year, and it is the most valuable tournament that happens! More and more nations said they simply won't play this game mode, and having a NC with around 10 nations doesn't sound too good.

After some intense discussions we have decided the following:

TO DROP THE GAME MODE AND GO BACK TO NORMAL BATTLE

We do hope the ''normal'' battle system will give faith in nations to come back!

Now with that being said, we should not totally forget about the new game mode, maybe we'll see it in another tournament? Who knows?

STREAMERS

We have also read what everyone said in the Livestreams thread! We know BladeCast has great quality and good content. But from now om - every streamer you can think of, anyone can think of, is now able to stream any match, or record any match they want! I'm so excited to see some good streams and recordings! Good luck with your stuff people!

START DATE

Tournament start date is March 7th! Sign-ups will close on the 21st of Feburary.

If you have any issues with these dates, contact a member of our staff.

Admin Team

OGL has decided to leave the Admin Team. Thank you so much OGL for all you have contributed with.

Rome has agreed on becoming an Admin of NC17.

ALLOWED ALLIANCES

The NC Administration has decided to allow the following requested alliances:
  • Belgium & Netherlands
  • Austria & Switzerland
  • Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia & Macedonia)
  • Czechoslovakia (Czech Republic & Slovakia)
  • Russia & Ukraine and Bulgaria

A full list can be found Here:

Oxilis and Lio

Oxilis and Lio are two players from Belgium who wants to play for France in the Nations Cup. Belgium is kind of divided in two parts, Wallonie and Flandres. In Flandres they speak way better English than the ''Wallons''. On the other hand, In Flandres, they speak a language close to Dutch and in Wallonie, they speak French, with only some words which are a bit different. Obviously, Caius and Kellermann are from Wallonie, they can speak and understand dutch to a limit. So joining BeNe, has never really been an issue for them. With that being said, Oxilis and Lio lives in Wallonie and does speak French better than Dutch.

In other game modes, Oxilis and Lio prefers playing for French clans and regiments. They are both capable of joining BeNe and France. Basically Lio and Oxilis are in the same situation as Kellermann and Caius were. They do both speak French fluently.

However, I, Tardet, Oxilis, Lio and BeNe representative discussed the matter in Steam. They took their decision with a full understanding of the rules and what they imply for potential future participations. BeNe representative has also allowed Oxilis and Lio to play for team France.

The Admin team has decided to let Oxilis and Lio play for France. Oxilis and Lio fully understands the consequences of their choice.

ADMIN TEAM

I've decided to step down as administrator (already spoke to Robin about it, just making it public). I just don't have the time I used to, and I'm frankly too burnt out to continue administrating, so I'd like to take a break from it for a while.

I'd like to thank Robin and the other staff members for having me on board, I'm sure they'll find a suitable replacement soon. And I wish them luck in running this nations cup, looking forward to playing in it.

WALES

Seeing Wales signing up for NC, I recieved many complaints. I could not answer all of you on Steam, so I prefer answering it here. However, a decision has been made, which can be read below.

Surprisingly, I have been in loads of countries in the EU, hearing people arguing about Wales. In Scandinavia there are mixed feelings regarding Wales, same as in other countries.

Wales has a separate history, culture, language and people (not much). There is no issue about Wales being a nation.

Important to know:
''Welsh representatives sit in the House of Parliament in London, same for Scottish and Northern Ireland representatives''
They are like countries, but not recognised as countries. It is hard to deny Wales being a nation.

At this point, a Welsh team makes more sense than a bavarian team, and arguing against a bavarian team is easier. Wales plays as a country in many international sports.
The Admins did also consult with team UK. The Nations Cup always had a goal, to have as many nations participate as possible. However, there are countries that are nations.

Wales is part of the United Kingdom, which is a sovereign state and would indentify as "nation". Yet Wales is historically and ethnicaly a region that could be identified as country and one identifier for that is the language. Wales has major cultural differences. Wales is part of the United Kingdom but they have the power to make their own regulations and rules which are only applicable in Wales. Wales do simply share the same land as England, they are part of GB. Football world cup, rugby world cup, wrestling world cup etc. Own flag, capital city, national anthem and so on. Just like every other country has. Wales is a country for many people.

UK will still be called ''United Kingdom'' since it is a tradition. The Welshies simply want to support their OWN country, with their own culture. Northern Ireland plays for Ireland even though they're part of the UK. ''The UK consists of four countries—England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland''. It is important to know that old Kings of England has recognised Wales as a country. It is hard to exactly say that Wales is a country, sources will say different things.

I think, considering Alliances are still a thing, its arguable that in special cases a country like wales could be allowed. But only if the UK team doesn't use any welsh players, which they don't. Yes, we are aware of Natasha, but that's not an issue. For example ''I am from Welsh'' Well, that's the main problem with the NC is, you can never really know. Many welsh don't actually speak welsh, many of them end up in england because wales has less employment and opportunities. Once again, it is hard to know, and this is something I hope upcoming NC Admins will have a good solution to. We can't really require people to show us their passport after all.

To sum up, Wales is allowed in the NC17. Anyone choosing to play for Wales now cannot be considered for a future NC as English - if there is a welsh team playing they must play for wales or noone)
As I have mentioned, there is nothing admins can do about deciding what a persons nationality really is. Though, I require that the players of Team Welsh declare themselves on Steam or Taleworlds to me, that they are Welshies.

Some screens:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
http://prntscr.com/e6933p
http://prntscr.com/e693au
http://prntscr.com/e693lp
http://prntscr.com/e693p0
http://prntscr.com/e6947q

NC_France 1-3

NC_France_1,2,3 should work without any kind of problems!

Keep in mind, you have to download the admin mod (works only for captains of a nation) in order to have admin rights. It's an ID based Admin Mod made by Oliveran.

Admin Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eahxvubd1ptkdwp/Native.7z?dl=0

The Admin Mod only works for CAPTAINS! You simply enter one of the servers and you'll automatically have Admin rights. Password is nc2017.

If you have any issues, contact me. More servers are about to come.

Maps

The following maps will be used in the NC17:

Map List
  • Closed Maps
    • Fort of Honour
    • Naval Outpost
    • Mountain Fortress
    • San'di'boush
    • Verloren

• Open Maps
    • Field by the River
    • Castellum
    • River Village
    • Reveran Village
    • Frosthaven

10 out of 12 maps were chosen by the Admin Team. We will open a map selection thread in the upcoming days, where Captains can vote for one closed map, and one open map.

Tournament Format

Two different votings were held. Which format to use, and how long the tournament should be. The new format won, which will also last for about 11 weeks. All the captains have been involved in the voting.

The KO stage will consist of 7 rounds(7 weeks):

Round 1 (week 1)[7/3]
UB plays quarterfinals --> UB first seed teams will play UB 2nd seed teams;
LB 3rd seed teams will play LB 4th seed teams.

Round 2 (week 2)[14/3]
UB plays semifinals --> UB winning teams from RD 1 play UB winning teams from RD 1;
UB losing teams from RD 1 will play LB winning teams from RD 1.

Round 3 (week 3)[21/3]
LB winning teams from RD 2 will play LB winning teams from RD 2.

Round 4 (week 4)[28/3]
LB winning teams from RD 3 play UB losing teams from RD 2( UB semifinals);
UB finals --> UB winning teams from RD 3 play UB winning teams from RD 3.

Round 5 (week 5)[4/4]
LB plays semifinals --> LB winning teams from RD 4 plays LB winning teams from RD 4.

Round 6 (week 6)[11/4]
LB Finals --> LB winning team from RD 5 play LB winning team from RD 5

Round 7 (Grand Final[18/4]
Grand Final --> winner of RD 4(UB finals) play winner of RD 6(LB finals)

4 Weeks groupstage + 7 weeks in KO = NC lasting 11 weeks.

Some useful links:
http://imgur.com/iwqOmK9 (Examples given)
http://i.imgur.com/HgcON1r.png (Examples given)

Admin Mod

Link to Admin Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eahxvubd1ptkdwp/Native.7z?dl=0
Keep in mind, in order to have admin rights on NC servers, you must download this module. NC_Germany_5-8 are working at the moment. More servers to come. You won't be in need of an Admin Pass, just log on with the password: nc2017 and you will automatically have rights. (ID based Admin Mod) Contact me if something isn't working the way it should be.

RobinWar said:
Admin Mod

Link to Admin Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eahxvubd1ptkdwp/Native.7z?dl=0 outdated
Keep in mind, in order to have admin rights on NC servers, you must download this module. NC_Germany_5-8 are working at the moment. More servers to come. You won't be in need of an Admin Pass, just log on with the password: nc2017 and you will automatically have rights. (ID based Admin Mod) Contact me if something isn't working the way it should be.
The adminmod has been updated; it'll receive no more updates and works properly now - NC_France_1-3 are currently updated. NC_TW_NL_1-4, as well as NC_Germany_1-8 should be updated by tomorrow.

Here's the download link to the new adminmod:
Download Link

For those who are captains or co-captains to teams in the 5aside tournament, this module will work for those servers too.

Decisions regarding the substitution rule and the complains around it

The decisions here are based on the rule under "Behaviour", §16, B:
(2) If a player crashes on game, substitutions can be made after the round has ended though this is limited to one substitution per round. A player counts as crashed once he drops out of the server. If a player crashed on game and the team substitutes him in the same round or two players crashed on game and the teams substitutes both of them in the same round, documented by screenshots or streams for example, for the first time, the relevant rounds will count as lost, for the second time the relevant rounds will count as lost and they will be deducted three points, and for the third time they will be suspended from the tournament.

Turkey must forfeit the 3 rounds of the last set, that they won. The final score is therefore Spain 7 - 6 Turkey.

In this case, the timeframe between the switch to spec by Lidor and when Flawin joined, along with how long it took for the round to end compared to the switch, implies that this was a decision made before the crash (or disconnect, which does the same) happened.

This happened when Spain was up 2-0, and Flawin played from 2-0 to Turkey's win at 3-2, which means the relevant rounds were these 3 rounds. Turkey must therefor forfeit those 3 rounds.

Spain will not have to forfeit any rounds against Russia.

The teamspeak dropped him during a round when they were fighting; along with the crash and that they asked along with what they said on teamspeak; the teamspeak-voice also says that the user has "timed out"; which means the player stopped receiving messages from the player in question, and he came back as well which implies it's him who came back, too.

It's been decided to drop this as it was a proper disconnect. The rules doesn't demand the the subbed player then comes to bench, if the other player re-joins, either; so no other substitution rule was broken.

Canada must forfeit the relevant rounds of the relevant set, that they won when the swap happened. The final score, since there would be no change in score based on the decision, is the same as the old one.

Canada admitting to the swap, along with it actually happening, here.

USA must also forfeit the rounds they had during the swap; again it was zero rounds, therefore the score remains they same. They also get one more warning stacked, like the other teams who's broken the same rule.

Because of the rule's implication; and that cheating is cheating no matter why; the punishments based on the regulation of that rule must be made.

Because of the fact that the rule will be causing more harm than help, we've decided to take take the rule under review and come back with a possible change later during this week. Note that even if the rule might be changed later on, it does not change the fact the rule was broken prior to the change.

Notification:
It may be a bit late, but in respect to how late the tournament started (partly due to WPL2's length), along with other tournaments running along, we'll have a discussion about the format again. There might be potentially be a Nations Cup B tournament, instead, to cut the tournament 'in half' (i.e. 3 weeks instead of 7) if the interest is there and only play the top 2 in each group in a normal KO format.

An update regarding this will come soon.

There'll also be a discussion and a decision soon made regarding easter; it'll most likely either be 1 weeks break, or an extension given until Tuesday/Wednesday. An update will come shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom