[NC2016] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

(1) Both teams have 15 minutes to gather their players on the agreed server. If a team fails to turn up with at least five players 15 minutes after the agreed match start, the other team has to contact an admin immediately and will be awarded a default win. A team that fails to turn up with at least 5 players for the first time will be given a warning, the second time they will be suspended from the tournament.
I have a question on this rule! As far as I could see in the rules, there is no punishment for teams refusing to play after 15 minutes but who do have more than 5 players.
So what happens if a team has 7 players and the 15 minutes have passed? Will they simply be forced to play by the admins? In the case they still refuse and do not join, will they be punished? In what way?

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Well, considering that the punishment for multi teaming is a ban and a Tallie got a 2 match suspension..
They will be given a stern talking-to.

Scar said:
§ 10 Multiteaming

(1) It is strictly prohibited for a player to play for more than one team during the tournament. If a player is found to have played for more than one team at any point he or she will be banned for the rest of the tournament.
(2) The second team to field the player will be deducted 3 points during group stage and disqualified during knockout stage. If a team is found to have violated the rule a second time that team will be suspended for the rest of the tournament.

The 2 match suspension has been carried over from the previous tournament. He did not break the Multiteaming rule of this tournament as far as I can tell. In my opinion he got a fair punishment.

Alene said:
He did not break the Multiteaming rule of this tournament as far as I can tell..

I just don't like what it says about the tourney and cheating in it.
If you aren't getting enough playtime for your nation, play for some other nation, if you think you're about to get caught write an apology post and you're set. You got your playtime in the NC, and next year you might get a 2 match suspension but it's a new tournament thus a new beginning so no worries :grin:

Edit: If I'm the only one bothered with it, leave it be, don't want to start any drama..
Good luck, have fun everyone !

I agree, to be honest. You (the admin team) have already set a precedent for bans across tournaments by carrying over Arni's ban from WNL5 (and from NC15 to WNL5 or whatever it was previously. This is an issue of consistency more than anything else.

I think the difference between Tallie and Arni is still huge so comparaison should be made carefully. Despite what Tallie did, which I don't intend to deny, he is still way more involved than Arni is in the community, has been helping in some tournaments as a referee and admin, and there is no major incident coming from him since this NC as far as I know. According to those statements, the decision to keep him banned for two matchs shows that the admins didn't forget what he did, but also that due to several factors that I do presume they perfectly have in minds, the punishement is appropriated to their eyes and not too harsh.

Ps : I don't intend to create any drama discussion either, same as Glorvahlir, so If the admins judge it's better to keep that in PMs, feel free to edit my post, I don't mind.

Sorry also to "swim a bit against the tide" but concerning the logo, I'm probably one of the rare not being a huge fan of it. I've always been used to the WNL/ECS logo that I do consider as masterpiece, and I don't know, this one looks a bit .. soso. Not to say it's bad, but I'd rather prefer having something more in the tone of the last tournaments. But I guess that at this point it comes down to personal preferences.

Nothing against ChatNoir either of course who did the last WNL logo if I remember correctly, and  who has been once again doing an amazing job as a designer, but I guess it can't always win unanimous support.

Excited to start this NC with FRA team, should be a good one.

I've thought of that as I posted, Tardet. Still doesn't change things  :???:

GlorvalhirSRB said:
If you aren't getting enough playtime for your nation, play for some other nation, if you think you're about to get caught write an apology post and you're set. You got your playtime in the NC, before next year's tourney do some community work (say as a ref or admin) and you might get a 2 match suspension but it's a new tournament thus a new beginning so no worries :grin:

Back to "If no one else cares, why should I" mode

Then what are you suggested? What would, in your eyes, be a fitting punishment?

I fully agree that what he did was wrong, and for a long time we (the BeNe captains and co-captains) considered not letting him join BeNe to prove a point.
To show that we obviously don't tolerate cheating. But then again, it is just a game. There is no money, no fame, nothing of any importance except fun and twitter followers to be gained from competing in a tournament. We then decided to allow him to play, and let the admins decide his punishment for this tournament.
In the end we all play this game for fun. What he did was wrong yes, and if he does it again I assume he will be permanantly banned and rightly so. But a two match ban to me seems reasonable for this tournament.
He made a mistake, he is now getting punished for it (since he got caught right before the finals his tournament long band didn't last very long in the previous NC), and after his punishment he gets his second chance. No third chance, just this second chance. Atleast that's my view on it.

I don't like a comparison between Arni and Tallie. I will not go into detail because I don't think it's my place to openly judge on Arni.

But to me, what Tallie did does not compare, doesn't even come close.
The difference obviously lies in a continuation of rule-breaking, and a one time offense. Which is why I think the different punishments make sense.

What am I suggesting ? Ban, for the whole tournament.

GlorvalhirSRB said:
If you aren't getting enough playtime for your nation, play for some other nation, if you think you're about to get caught write an apology post and you're banned. You got your playtime in this NC, in the next year's tourney you won't be able to play at all and ruin others' fun, the tournament after that is your 2nd chance. Also, spread the message to anyone who's thinking of cheating.

It is just a game and for fun.
Now, what about all those players that would love to play in the NC (Dasvi comes to mind), but can't for various reasons.
There's no Rest of the World team, Germany 2, Poland 2, Turkey 2 and so on..
Should they cheat too ? They want to play the game and have fun.
Nothing against Tallie, don't know him, something against cheating.

Last one, no promise. Enough has been said, doubt the admins will do anything about it.

Last one from me too!

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Now, what about all those players that would love to play in the NC (Dasvi comes to mind), but can't for various reasons.
There's no Rest of the World team, Germany 2, Poland 2, Turkey 2 and so on..
Should they cheat too ? They want to play the game and have fun.
Ofcourse they shouldn't cheat, as I said in my previous post I fully agree that what he did is wrong, and obviously cheating in general is wrong.
But you can't use the argument that because other people do not have the opportunity to play in this NC (for whatever reason), Tallie should be punished harder since he had and wasted it.
That's an emotional argument that isn't immediatly relevant to Tallie's case and that I don't think is valid in this discussion.

Damn it, this is the last one, LeRoux gets one after this, then, end of story !
I can cause I wasn't aiming at the opportunity to play. Tallie played for Georgia cause he 'didn't get enough playtime for BeNe', so anyone else who's not playing and really, really wants to should just join another nation's team, considering the punishment, that's what I was aiming at.

Differing opinions, case closed as far as I'm concerned.

trial-by-combat-mock-620x876.jpg

I suggest to force Tallie to uninstall the game and never let him play again. Touching NC is touching God guys. It should be punished.

Back
Top Bottom