[NC2016] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Antagonist90 said:
May somebody explain why alliances such Russia-Ukraine aren't allowed but USA-Canada is? They have less players?
Did they even apply for one ?
I thought both Russia and Ukraine had a team ready.

Was hoping that Brazil and China would sign up.
I know it would be a scheduling nightmare but still, both have alive servers.

Because Canada was again unable to field a team. There's simply not enough active Canadian players that are interested in competitive. Presumably, in an effort to allow them to play as well they allowed the alliance. And yes, the captains were in talks with the administration over the alliance for over a week.

Watly said:
DarkLight said:
why should the cheating in wnl matter at NC? i think he deserves a chance he hasnt done anything in months

Oh god, not again..

Totally agreeing to watly

Oh and i believe Arni ddosed the USA vs Germany match 2015(?) and several trainings/matches

(2) The groups will be determined during a Draw Night. Teams competing will be put into different pots (four or five, depending on the number of sign ups), depending on their seeding. A team from each put will fill a group, meaning that teams in the same pot will not fight each other until the single elimination bracket. The selection will be done using a random number generator. The order of proceedings will begin with the put with the lowest seeded teams and work its way up to the pot with the highest seeded teams.
Is there any more information about the groups? Has a date been chosen for the draw night?
Sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere.  :eek:

Le Roux said:
(2) The groups will be determined during a Draw Night. Teams competing will be put into different pots (four or five, depending on the number of sign ups), depending on their seeding. A team from each put will fill a group, meaning that teams in the same pot will not fight each other until the single elimination bracket. The selection will be done using a random number generator. The order of proceedings will begin with the put with the lowest seeded teams and work its way up to the pot with the highest seeded teams.
Is there any more information about the groups? Has a date been chosen for the draw night?
Sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere.  :eek:

Captain Lust said:
UPDATED: Sign ups for Captains are open immediately (post in this thread) and will close at midnight (GMT) on Friday 15th January, which is also the deadline for posting a minimum roster. And as of now we are looking at the weekend of Monday 18th January 2016 as the starting date for the NC16.

We are still discussing teh best way to set the groups.  But obviously that wont be done until sign ups are closed.

Sjaeles said:
Because Canada was again unable to field a team. There's simply not enough active Canadian players that are interested in competitive. Presumably, in an effort to allow them to play as well they allowed the alliance. And yes, the captains were in talks with the administration over the alliance for over a week.

what about Mexico+Canada ?

Firunien said:
Sjaeles said:

what about Mexico+Canada ?

There are two Mexican players, and one hasn't played since 2011.

(BigBoss and Lagstro)

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Did they even apply for one ?
I heard they asked for that past years.
GlorvalhirSRB said:
Was hoping that Brazil and China would sign up.
据我所知中国不要参加。
Trebron said:
You answered your own question.
I consider it's wrong answer.
The NC Administration has decided to allow the following requested alliance:
North America and Canada
Btw, I always thought that Canada is a part of North America and "North America and Canada" phrase is incorrect.
Thanks.

Well, it seems like Ukraine NC team couldn't make it and there's no possible way to gather a team for them. So we're asking to let us unite Russian and Ukraine NC teams. The ukranian addition to the russian team will consist of Bendetto and Fl3x, seems like. The old UKR players don't play anymore, the new ones don't show enough interest in this tourney.

uk5llbC.png

Here's a map of the current teams in NC (roughly). Green is the current server locations, blue is the ideal server locations.

Why exactly do we get screwed over as NA when it comes to our server location? We have multiple players from the west coast who get 80-90 ping on New York servers, and players from western Europe get 90-100 ping on those NY servers. Our home server is basically centralized between all of NA and western Europe, whereas on their server the ping average is probably 130-140 for us, with some players getting 170-180 ping, and many western Europe players getting sub-50 ping.

If we're going to continue with the home/away system (which only provides artificially close matches) why isn't our server actually a home server?

Well, you also have got a lot of east coast players with better pings than some turk or russian... The ping was between 85 and 120 for most you from what I have seen :smile:

Silvernj said:
Well, it seems like Ukraine NC team couldn't make it and there's no possible way to gather a team for them. So we're asking to let us unite Russian and Ukraine NC teams. The ukranian addition to the russian team will consist of Bendetto and Fl3x, seems like. The old UKR players don't play anymore, the new ones don't show enough interest in this tourney.
hope we're not being ignored

Back
Top Bottom