[NC2015] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaharist said:
Sir Galahad the Pure said:
Tbh, being newer or older doesn't really matter, it's a rule and that's it. I'm not aware of Russia's situation completely but maybe you should have "chosen" a different person to command your team, instead of someone who you knew he'd be suspended? I'm sure that there are several Russian players who could take the lead in those matches in which Grifon is not allowed to play. It's kinda hypocritical that now the issue is brought up if it was a problem of the admins, while it actually is a problem that the Russian team should have dealt (or should deal) with on their own.
You are not aware. Full stop there nextime

Yeah, would have been a good advice to those AE guys ******** up the Israeli topic, too...........

Israel has a very small playerbase.
However, Israel is the promised land for every Jew, no matter where he has his job.

We perfectly sticked to the rules.

I would be happy to play with a full Israeli team, we accept everyone living in Israel, no skill requirement, absolutely everyone, and of course the Israeli players have highest priority and play all the rounds, but still, we need the European Jews to have enough players. 

We perfectly sticked to the rules.

Sweden has a huge playerbase. Still merges with Denmark. Everyone says, all right then.

?????????????????

Captain Lust said:
Got to say I sympathise with Tork here. Blacktide gave clarification after the first week of fixtures was posted. Changing the rules after that is pretty harsh considering the team had clearly been preparing for the situation which they understood to be the case, based (fairly) on the rules at the time.

If the attitude is "well go to hell since you cheated before anyway," then why bother even letting players from last year compete? They deserve fair treatment within the rules like any other team.

I think a fair compromise could be to allow Grifon to spectate for Week 2 but say that normal rules apply in the third week. That will give them plenty of time to prepare, since they don't actually have a match in the first week anyway.

At the time we had the conversation, there was no written rule against players joining a team and then going to spectator. This changed sometime after the discussion and was announced in the 'Rules and Regulations' thread. It was broadcasted at the time that the rules were still a work in progress. Every other team is also subject to these rules and it is not a targeted approach towards team Russia.

I agree with u Galahad, but Israel is something more than common country. I hope you know that Jews hadn't own country for a very long time. A lot of Jews had migrated to different countries, some returned to promised land, but others like me stay in countries where they live. Sweden, France, UK, Germany - that countries never lose their independence. Em, so what now? I live in Poland so u want to take away my possibility cuz i've no chance to live in Israel. You're antisemite.

Prußak said:
I agree with u Galahad, but Israel is something more than common country. I hope you know that Jews hadn't own country for a very long time. A lot of Jews had migrated to different countries, some returned to promised land, but others like me stay in countries where they live. Sweden, France, UK, Germany - that countries never lose their independence. Em, so what now? I live in Poland so u want to take away my possibility cuz i've no chance to live in Israel. You're antisemite.

Its a "Nations" cup- not religion or ethnical group cup. No exceptions.

(Please don't call us racists for not making exceptions :smile: )

He's just an idiot trying to put himself in a limelight. Just ban him from NC for trying to fool admins and that's all.

Captain Lust said:
ryozu said:
Uh, no. This is the 4th Nations Cup I'm in and I never even realized that you were, according to the rules, allowed to join a team to spectate. I took it for granted that it was forbidden.
For God's sake, how can you even say that? What's the point in even having rules if you expect participants to subscribe to made-up unwritten rules anyway?

Surely you must see how that's an unfeasible and unfair way to arbitrate anything.
How can I say what? That I never realized that it was allowed? Because it's the truth. I paid no attention to the fact that there was no mention of spectating in the rules, because there wasn't anything to pay attention to. If the rules had said that you were allowed to join a team to spectate during the round, I would've surely paid attention and thought what the hell was this rule.

Sure it's unclear, before it's decided upon. Now it is.

BlackTide said:
Captain Lust said:
Got to say I sympathise with Tork here. Blacktide gave clarification after the first week of fixtures was posted. Changing the rules after that is pretty harsh considering the team had clearly been preparing for the situation which they understood to be the case, based (fairly) on the rules at the time.

If the attitude is "well go to hell since you cheated before anyway," then why bother even letting players from last year compete? They deserve fair treatment within the rules like any other team.

I think a fair compromise could be to allow Grifon to spectate for Week 2 but say that normal rules apply in the third week. That will give them plenty of time to prepare, since they don't actually have a match in the first week anyway.

At the time we had the conversation, there was no written rule against players joining a team and then going to spectator. This changed sometime after the discussion and was announced in the 'Rules and Regulations' thread. It was broadcasted at the time that the rules were still a work in progress. Every other team is also subject to these rules and it is not a targeted approach towards team Russia.
Saying that the rules can change doesn't negate the effects of those rule changes. Just saying I think it's a bit of a rough deal.

Either way, Team Russia does have a decent amount of time to react to this, not having a match in Week 1.

Just to clarify, this was directed at people responding to Tork in the thread, rather than the tournament admins.

Having the captain spectating would be more advantageous than the captain playing.

When the captain is playing and leading as a player he needs to have good communication to know where everyone is, and what his team can see and what they are doing.

If the captain is spectating he can switch from player to player, cover the whole map without having to open his mouth. Giving him the ability to format tactics and player movements far quicker than if he was on the field.

To me the only spectators should be the streamers, as they add no advantage to either side.

Prußak said:

I personally wouldn't mind if Jewish players from everywhere would play for Israel. There's not many of you & I appreciate how close you feel, that'd make the situation different for me (but I also understand the "no exception"-argument).

But:
Let's just say it's obviously kinda suspicious that Michael, who got banned more than once from the forums and started all sorts of troll threads (like the Liechtenstein one), suddenly happens to be Jewish. And plays under a different name. Why?
The same goes for some of the other German players in that team (if he didn't just write their names in without asking them). I don't buy it.

For some reason this over 30-year-old man has a lot of fun in getting attention for being an idiot. I also know he likes to lie from his time in DR. He's the only one we ever kicked from DR for personality reasons.

It's also somewhat suspicious that 'Dasha' changed his name so often on Steam to differing versions of "Dasha/Captain Israel" etc. that you can't see anymore who he was before (someone had him for a longer time?). What he wrote here looks a lot like Michael to me, but who knows, sorry if I'm wrong about that.

And Prußak, you really should apologize for calling Gala antisemite. I know him good enough to say that this is not the case & there's not the slightest hint in what he wrote here that this is the case. He's a very nice and reasonable guy, too intelligent for being antisemitic :wink: The history of antisemitism is so terrible that this is a very serious insult which you should be sure about. You're abusing this history if you try to use it as an ad hominem argument that way.

Prußak said:
Actually, even supposing that you are jewish, as every single member of your team might be, I still wonder why, since you basically said that you and your teammates want to represent Israel even if israelis just not living there, your hasn't ever thought about creating such team. All the people that have come out to play "under cover" have been playing for more than one year afaik, so what's the actual reason that didn't bring you to this application in the past year, or even earlier in the team sign-ups (but just after Lichtenstein's team failure)?

I actually think it's a bit extreme to suspend Grifon and R1ch. Well no, actually I agree with banning R1ch; he deserved to. However, I think taking a measurement on Grifon is extreme. Last year the team he lead was disqualified after supposedly winning the tournament and in addition Russian 2014 team, especially Grifon, faced backlash from their own community. That is enough of a punishment in my opinion.

Team Israel is just a pathetic try from a pathetic person finally to get in the tournament. I'm wondering how somebody can want something so hard...
And even if the idea wouldn't come from Michael I'd be against a Team Israel consisting from Jews all over the world. And not because I'm antisemite. :roll:
You have rather a clue from a players nationality than his religion. I'd could also say from now on I believe on jewish faith. Can I play then for Team Israel? How do you want to prove I'm not really jewish?

#Nationscup2015

It was the view of the admin team that Grifon's willful inaction and deference, as captain of the team, was tantamount to committing the offence himself. Turning a blind eye to the flagrant abuse of the rules whilst being in charge of that team, its integrity and reputation, is no excuse for getting off lightly. Captains cannot escape the responsibility invested in them. We believe the punishment to have been both moderate and reasonable, with all of the implication of last year's disqualification being taken into consideration.

The decision was made with the exclusion of the Russian member of the admin team.

Back
Top Bottom