[NC2015] Grand Final & Bronze Match - Poland 1st, BeNe 2nd, Turkey 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread

I think Germany's archers were a bit lacking if I'm honest. A lot of weight on Triari and sure, it's great when he holds off 3 cav and Hives takes them out but it was too few and far between when you have players like menethil right now, who are going big every round and polands archers are ripping heads every team fight.

Captain Lust said:
I think Germany's archers were a bit lacking if I'm honest. A lot of weight on Triari and sure, it's great when he holds off 3 cav and Hives takes them out but it was too few and far between when you have players like menethil right now, who are going big every round and polands archers are ripping heads every team fight.

Neathar, NeLe, Triari and Yona. If that isn't a dream archer team I don't know what it is :lol:

Captain Lust said:

Depends on which match you are refering to. Our archery did great throughout the whole group stage and in our training matches. I kinda agree that our archery didn't exactly shine during the QF against Poland, but that had a lot to do with the maps, factions and the way Poland and Germany ended up playing it. On Desolation Valley, a huge map, you don't do much damage even if you hit your enemies (especially as Nords). "Safe" archer positions for the flags were usually farther away from it than normally (even for maps like FBTR). I don't know how well our archery did on the Rhodok spawn since I wasn't there, but Poland's archers certainly haven't clutched the Nord spawn for them, since they ended up losing that spawn 0 - 4.

On Mountain Fortress as Swadia we went directly into melee engagement in almost every round, the archers were told to do so too -> so no or very few shooting. As Nords (again Nord archery isn't the best damage-wise) Triari was the one shooting mainly, but he was intelligently neutralized by Poland in the rounds they won and I had a spear and was subjected to clear our backs from enemy cavalry while our infantry makes a push. This tactic wasn't good enough to secure us the win on the last set, so it went into tie-breaker and we all know how the story ended. I think that especially Poland's cavalry defeated us in the last set + tiebreaker.

Don't get me wrong. Poland's archers, Virus, Blade and Prince did an amazing job but Poland also played three archers most of the time whereas Germany decided to stick with two archers. It's only natural then that IF rounds are going in favor of Poland, their archers have to put in work. So I wouldn't say that Germany lacked skill and potential in any of the three classes. I think we just were not able to show it off in the QF, wheras Poland perfromed amazing and they deserve to be the winners of NC15.

In my experience Poland successfully put a lot of pressure on us poor archers, which simultaneously freed up their own archers (which they also had more of). Good example of how much work cav do, shutting down archers and still harassing inf. Cavalry therefore proven to be OP and should be nerfed.

Saying that the weakness of Germany is cavalry is hilarious. Yeah, I agree that their archers are very scary, aswell as some of their infs, but right now, isn't Hives, Vivar and Firunien a trio any team would like to have?
Shema, can you tell me of one nation that have 3 cavs better than those 3 overall? You could arguably say Poland and Turkey maybe, but still, ARGUABLY.
Tbh, the only thing I can think of when you made that statement is that you have some kind of complex with the German cavs, especially with Hives. Shema, everyone knows you're one of the best cavs in this game but why can't you just admit that there are some players who are moreless on your level or even higher? The fact that some time ago you said that Hives is not a good cav in competitions gives you 0 credibility. And here's another question: what else that guy has to do to demonstrate that he's one of the best cavs? He has stood out in every tournament he has participated in the last few years.

Btw, I just said Vivar, Firu and Hives as best cavs, but Germany have some more good/decent cavs I would like to mention: Hopkiin, Varsung, KilleR, etc.

Poland, Turkey, France, Scandinavia and potential team could be USA. So just about every relevant team except Russia and UK. I'm not saying Germany has weak cavalry because that's an understatement but I'm rather saying their cavalry department is lacking compared to what everyone else can present. Firunien has a weird approach to cavalry while 50/50 choking and Hives is great sometimes and other times embarrassingly bad

This guy is so funny.You can not understand how their cavalries affect the game by looking at their performance at previous tournament.For an example Killer and Firunien have increased their performance a lot in NC.They are so better than they were at WNL4.Now they became star cavs that can change the game imo.You can't see that increase in their performance just by watching streams :smile:

Guy Fawkes said:
This guy is so funny.You can not understand how their cavalries affect the game by looking at their performance at previous tournament.For an example Killer and Firunien have increased their performance a lot in NC.They are so better than they were at WNL4.Now they became star cavs that can change the game imo.You can't see that increase in their performance just by watching streams :smile:

+1

Especially Firunien stepped his game up a notch, I'm still garbage though :sad:

I think Germany clearly had the best team just by pure skill. But we lacked of a lot of other things which are not as important as skill but combined they still made us worse than teams who have not been looking that strong from the first view.

Shemaforash said:
Germany's biggest weakness is cavalry, if they sort that out then they'll easily be the best team. [...] except for vivar.
Also you should give some credits to Hives and Firunien here and not to me, because they played a better tourney than I did.

Surkan said:
Sorry, but those headshots from Prince and Blade are more than just good teamplay.
I said there were several things, not just teamplay. Have you ever seen a demotivated top player playing a good game? I haven't atleast.

Credit due to where it's due. There were a lot of incredible strong teams in this competition all in their own right/way. Skill and teamwork both are vital for victory, teamwork is what makes the weaker individual players a stronger team and the stronger players into a near unstopable force.

This tournament could not have been done without the thorough dedication of its players and the moderators. As a spectator I want to thank everyone for making this one of the most exciting tournaments I've spectated in years.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom