[NC2015] Draw Night Friday - 23.01.15 at 19:00 GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to qualify only 2 out of 5 teams, given how the pots are made (not admins faults, it is the same in most competitions).
We should qualify 4 out of 5 that would make only one more match to play for everybody (we are here to have fun after all), and leave more chances to those in crap-seeds.

This is the new rule:
The competing nations have been put into different pots, depending on previous performances.

This is the best we can get, and this is based on the opinions of those who are involved in the organisation of the tournament. All we can do at this point is either continue arguing and debating in regards to teams' placements or just get on with it. My initial argument was that I felt a little bit offended when placements in pots were determined through the results of the previous year. If the rule remained then Russia should definitely be in pot 5, but based on performances of the team they honestly do deserve to be in the first pot.

Then Poland and probably Germany should be higher than the UK and SweDen. The criteria used here are not consisent at all, and I fear we will end up with very unbalanced groups today.

Shemaforash said:
Just a small clarification, Denmark + Sweden is NOT Scandinavia. Norway is NOT Scandinavia. Together they are, but in this tournament Scandinavia isn't participating.
a map would have help :smile:
SandinaviaMap.gif
resize

Folms said:
I agree, which is why it would have been easier to just move Russia to pot 5.
Scar said:
Then Poland and probably Germany should be higher than the UK and SweDen. The criteria used here are not consisent at all, and I fear we will end up with very unbalanced groups today.

Russia in pot 5 would fail-balance their group. Just imagine a group with UK, GER, Bene, Balkans and Russia. U d be happy then?

From Israeli point of view I am all for Russia in pot 5, could make things easier for us.

But when we want balanced groups the pots look in order the way they are (with Russia in pot 1). 

Zaharist said:
I doubt that Finland is Scandinavia.

Me too, but I didnt dare to say, I mean, I mean its Lagertha.

Zaharist said:
I doubt that Finland is Scandinavia.
Finland is Half-Scandinavian, Scandinavian countries' languages are similar to each other but Finland since Finnish comes from Ural–Altaic language family. But with Faroe Islands and Iceland they form Nordic countries.

I should be geography teacher. :grin:

That's a thing that happen every tournament. IMO, Germany should be in Pot1, Russia should be in Pot1 as well. There are many teams that I would change their place, however, I am not gonna start a drama, because it's just someone's opinion that might be different from mine. All I want is basicly a good tournament, hence I would violate the rules for a sake of balanced groups. You can try to discourse on this situation, but you can't disagree that Russia is one of the strongest teams.

Ranking teams will always be a difficult task due to the largely subjective nature of defining what a good team is. We can only reasonably base that on the evidence available to us, using tangible performances as the marker rather than speculative estimations that are likely to vary considerably. If achieving that means having to determine the effect of a demerger on performance then so be it. This is by no means a perfect system, but it is the most reliable one that we've got.

Would be better to take previous years results into consideration than. 'Nations' with stronger player base are statistically higher. Russians wouldn't get offended too much if they would drop down to pot 2 as they had decent results few years in a row. Last year 'accident' wouldn't ruin the balance. On the other hand teams like Germany who won NC previously or Turkey who is consistently in top4 would more likely took higher pot making it more balanced (statistically ofc).

DRAW NIGHT STARTING

Welcome everyone to the Nations Cup 2015 Draw Night. Hopefully you have all read the rules and understand how this will work. I'll be starting with Pot 5 and assigning each team to a group using a Random Number generator. For example, if Georgia gets ball 1 then it will be put into Group A.

Here we go:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom