Not open for further replies.
OurGloriousLeader said:
Invisible walls in Dreiecksdorf.

1024x576.resizedimage
crazyboy11 said:
Remove Dreiecksdorf.

I2uSXGD.png
Shemaforash said:
omg, whoever accept dreiecksdorf... wow, just wow. talk about a glitchy and NOT open map, reminds me of the ****ty khudan outskirt with waay to many props laying everywhere

Dreiecksdorf is great map, played it liek 4 times in trainink mačes and evrythink is okay for meh, only dat little glitch, but dat will be removed.

:!:

John7 said:
Does verloren still have those invisible walls at the corner of the building near brew?

I think yes, it should be removed.

John7 said:
Does verloren still have those invisible walls at the corner of the building near brew?
Yes, it does.

Verloren also have some fun places you can get to.
F677FA16D6AAB845428A06E78A92C853F067C839

Cybran said:
Verloren also have some fun places you can get to.
F677FA16D6AAB845428A06E78A92C853F067C839
I have not yet seen this being exploited in a match but should be fixed anyway.
When you jump from the right hole here with a horse
646e7d7d25.jpg
you can get here
3c7111bcb7.jpg

Then you can basically go everywhere:
7f81a1927e.jpg
0fdec89c32.jpg
EVERYWHERE
b212816c08.jpg
e76d23577d.jpg

Azan already fixed it few weeks ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftb930cyuftv244/scn_multi_scene_custom_4.sco

Don't know who were the ones testing Dreiecksdorf if it even was tested, but yes please fix the glitches. No idea why we even have a map in nations cup which no one ever played before. Looks more like a cRPG battle map

Schakal333 said:
Azan already fixed it few weeks ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftb930cyuftv244/scn_multi_scene_custom_4.sco
Well it's still possible on nc servers.

Bauglir said:
Don't know who were the ones testing Dreiecksdorf if it even was tested, but yes please fix the glitches. No idea why we even have a map in nations cup which no one ever played before. Looks more like a cRPG battle map

relaXcz said:
Dreiecksdorf is great map, played it liek 4 times in trainink mačes and evrythink is okay for meh, only dat little glitch, but dat will be removed.

:!:

+ evry admin accepted it, it's map from NA scene if i remember right

You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.

Balion-Romans said:
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.

Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.

This thread was where Verloren was most recently updated:

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=4428.0

I should mention that every invisible wall or glitch that has been brought to my attention I have attempted to fix and the issue with being able to get on the roofs was due to the 1158 patch redefining the collision of the central tower object, rather than me just ignoring or not noticing the problem when I made the map.

The invisible walls at the corner connecting to the courtyard and the brewing area were sorted during WNL2, I added some wall props just in front of the house object to compensate as it was an issue with the original house mesh. It's all available on the current version used on IG (and WNL servers too) so I don't know how old the ones used on the NC servers are.

-----------------------

Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.

-----------------------

Haven't played Dreiecksdorf but it doesn't look too bad from the screens, it does seem a bit unusual for an open map though as it lacks the usual large zones and areas associated with opens, seems more set up like a closed map with nodes and connections.

Shemaforash said:
Balion-Romans said:

Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.

The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.

Lord Rich said:
Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.
Looks like the old one then.

relaXcz said:
Shemaforash said:
Balion-Romans said:

The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.

Dreiecksdorf should never be classed as an open map, it would at least be mixed. If you want to class it as an open map it should remove a whole bunch of props laying everywhere, I swear there's a spot to go hide on everywhere (not very open)

Possibly too late to change it now but here are pics from the newer version of Proving Grounds:

E6391425419A6A56B14A5E11D4F52136243AF9EC

2E09260FD351616185F79C4F2CC172621F26B804

C977024B461732764D2BFA851632A61E0A7C8A84

Main Changes:
  • Added fences near spawns to help defend against cav rushing
  • Added second wall to reduce dominance of the first
  • Added walls near central flag for extra cover

All areas are still cav accessible and its actually surprisingly quick to get onto the new wall as cav, the additional cover also make it easier as cav in my view as before the wall allowed rangers to see everywhere. It also provides teams with more options since previously the wall was just a better choice than going for the palisades.

Okay, I have gotten the screenshot for these maps from their original threads therefore they might be outdated. However, all the maps are updated and Dreiecksdorf will be fixed before the ITA vs CZE match.

Proving Grounds however, is outdated. So if you, Azan, would like to send me links for a new version I will update it.

By the looks of it, the Mountain Fortress that is submitted is the old version of the map. There's since then been released a new and improved version. Has this been taken into consideration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom