[NC2014] Map Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaXcz

Banned
WBNW
Best answers
0
OurGloriousLeader said:
Invisible walls in Dreiecksdorf.

crazyboy11 said:
Remove Dreiecksdorf.

Shemaforash said:
omg, whoever accept dreiecksdorf... wow, just wow. talk about a glitchy and NOT open map, reminds me of the ****ty khudan outskirt with waay to many props laying everywhere
Dreiecksdorf is great map, played it liek 4 times in trainink mačes and evrythink is okay for meh, only dat little glitch, but dat will be removed.

:!:



John7 said:
Does verloren still have those invisible walls at the corner of the building near brew?
I think yes, it should be removed.
 

Cybran

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
John7 said:
Does verloren still have those invisible walls at the corner of the building near brew?
Yes, it does.

Verloren also have some fun places you can get to.
 

Primi

Knight at Arms
WBNWWF&SVCM&B
Best answers
0
Cybran said:
Verloren also have some fun places you can get to.
I have not yet seen this being exploited in a match but should be fixed anyway.
When you jump from the right hole here with a horse
you can get here

Then you can basically go everywhere:
EVERYWHERE
 

Schakal333

Azan already fixed it few weeks ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftb930cyuftv244/scn_multi_scene_custom_4.sco
 

Bauglir

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Don't know who were the ones testing Dreiecksdorf if it even was tested, but yes please fix the glitches. No idea why we even have a map in nations cup which no one ever played before. Looks more like a cRPG battle map
 

Cybran

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
Schakal333 said:
Azan already fixed it few weeks ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftb930cyuftv244/scn_multi_scene_custom_4.sco
Well it's still possible on nc servers.
 

relaXcz

Banned
WBNW
Best answers
0
Bauglir said:
Don't know who were the ones testing Dreiecksdorf if it even was tested, but yes please fix the glitches. No idea why we even have a map in nations cup which no one ever played before. Looks more like a cRPG battle map
relaXcz said:
Dreiecksdorf is great map, played it liek 4 times in trainink mačes and evrythink is okay for meh, only dat little glitch, but dat will be removed.

:!:
+ evry admin accepted it, it's map from NA scene if i remember right
 

Shemaforash

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0
Do you even know how many bad maps NA scene have?

I'm surprised admins accepted it knowing how bad it is lol
 

Tactics

Knight
NWWB
Best answers
0
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.
 

Shemaforash

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0
Balion-Romans said:
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.
Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.
 

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
This thread was where Verloren was most recently updated:

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=4428.0

I should mention that every invisible wall or glitch that has been brought to my attention I have attempted to fix and the issue with being able to get on the roofs was due to the 1158 patch redefining the collision of the central tower object, rather than me just ignoring or not noticing the problem when I made the map.

The invisible walls at the corner connecting to the courtyard and the brewing area were sorted during WNL2, I added some wall props just in front of the house object to compensate as it was an issue with the original house mesh. It's all available on the current version used on IG (and WNL servers too) so I don't know how old the ones used on the NC servers are.

-----------------------

Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.

-----------------------

Haven't played Dreiecksdorf but it doesn't look too bad from the screens, it does seem a bit unusual for an open map though as it lacks the usual large zones and areas associated with opens, seems more set up like a closed map with nodes and connections.
 

relaXcz

Banned
WBNW
Best answers
0
Shemaforash said:
Balion-Romans said:
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.
Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.
The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.
 
Best answers
0
Lord Rich said:
Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.
Looks like the old one then.
 

Shemaforash

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0
relaXcz said:
Shemaforash said:
Balion-Romans said:
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.
Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.
The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.
Dreiecksdorf should never be classed as an open map, it would at least be mixed. If you want to class it as an open map it should remove a whole bunch of props laying everywhere, I swear there's a spot to go hide on everywhere (not very open)
 

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Possibly too late to change it now but here are pics from the newer version of Proving Grounds:




Main Changes:
  • Added fences near spawns to help defend against cav rushing
  • Added second wall to reduce dominance of the first
  • Added walls near central flag for extra cover

All areas are still cav accessible and its actually surprisingly quick to get onto the new wall as cav, the additional cover also make it easier as cav in my view as before the wall allowed rangers to see everywhere. It also provides teams with more options since previously the wall was just a better choice than going for the palisades.
 

captain folms

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWVC
Best answers
0
Okay, I have gotten the screenshot for these maps from their original threads therefore they might be outdated. However, all the maps are updated and Dreiecksdorf will be fixed before the ITA vs CZE match.

Proving Grounds however, is outdated. So if you, Azan, would like to send me links for a new version I will update it.
 

kekn06ab

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
By the looks of it, the Mountain Fortress that is submitted is the old version of the map. There's since then been released a new and improved version. Has this been taken into consideration?
 

Bauglir

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Just the pictures are old, but new versions on the servers. If you look theres also old pictures of Frosty battle and San'di'boush
 
Status
Not open for further replies.