Votes: 8 14.3%
  • We felt sorry for them being French

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be frank here:

Mad Dawg knows the the **** he's doing, so does Marnid, and I think I have a fair notion of how to put together a well rounded team and compete at a high level.

Shut up. Stop *****ing. No one is going to be happy because there are only so many slots and everyone THINKS they know what's best; everyone THINKS they know how to coach better than Bill Belichick or play better than Kobe, but I guaran****ingtee you that that will disappear REAL quick when they're actually the ones making the calls.

Like I said, we know what we're doing, and we've proven that. We aren't asking for suggestions -- if you want to play, and you apply to the team, and we think that you need to be on the team, we'll let you know. Besides that, this team is full of what the most qualified players believe is necessary to be elite enough to compete on an international stage. Half of you complaining fail miserably at competing on the small American scene, I have no idea how you guys are going to go all backseat driver on Mad and I because YOU don't agree with our roster. I think it's ridiculous for some of you to be arguing with us on this; we kind of know what the **** we're doing.

This is a tournament.
This is a competitive tournament.
This is a competitive Warband tournament.
Not a pub.

We're not here to coddle anyone -- Honestly, I don't give a damn if you get your feelings hurt that you or your boyfriend aren't asked to play. We're here to win, not make you feel happy. Mad Dawg and my results and our track records speak louder than anyone else here, and that's really not up for debate. Now we're going to keep accepting applications for the purpose of making sure we don't overlook anyone. If you guys want to *****, send me PM's, but keep your tears out of this thread, thanks.

tldr Stop arguing with Stephen Hawkings about science.

Rhade said:

Mad Dawg knows the the **** he's doing, so does Marnid, and I think I have a fair notion of how to put together a well rounded team and compete at a high level.

Shut up. Stop *****ing. No one is going to be happy because there are only so many slots and everyone THINKS they know what's best; everyone THINKS they know how to coach better than Bill Belichick or play better than Kobe, but I guaran****ingtee you that that will disappear REAL quick when they're actually the ones making the calls.

Like I said, we know what we're doing, and we've proven that. We aren't asking for suggestions -- if you want to play, and you apply to the team, and we think that you need to be on the team, we'll let you know. Besides that, this team is full of what the most qualified players believe is necessary to be elite enough to compete on an international stage. Half of you complaining fail miserably at competing on the small American scene, I have no idea how you guys are going to go all backseat driver on Mad and I because YOU don't agree with our roster. I think it's ridiculous for some of you to be arguing with us on this; we kind of know what the **** we're doing.

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

We're not here to coddle anyone -- Honestly, I don't give a damn if you get your feelings hurt that you or your boyfriend aren't asked to play. We're here to win, not make you feel happy. Mad Dawg and my results and our track records speak louder than anyone else here, and that's really not up for debate. Now we're going to keep accepting applications for the purpose of making sure we don't overlook anyone. If you guys want to *****, send me PM's, but keep your tears out of this thread, thanks.

Look at big bad Rhade coming in with the iron internet anonymity fist. Your team is moderate at best, many people agree and you need to understand that NA has a lot of potential beyond your circle jerk of BkS and Balion.

RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

Look at big bad Rhade coming in with the iron internet anonymity fist. Your team is poor, many people agree and you need to understand that NA has a lot of potential beyond your circle jerk of BkS and Balion.

If my team is poor, why do these players make up teams of the most successful groups in recent NA Warband tournaments? Look at the naste ladder, look at the KTIT and KBOOB results.

It's not BkS and Balion. BkS and Balion just happen to be the best competitive American clans, so of course there are going to be a decent amount -- not because of their tags, but because of the players themselves.

Also, be sure to notice the OP:

Represented Clans
Black Shields
League of Extraordinary Swordsmen
Balion Mercenaries
Kingdom of Avalon
West Knights

Those are facts. What do you have?

Furthermore, what you and many others aren't grasping: There's a difference between someone who can pub and someone who knows the metagame and knows how to compete at a higher level. The game is totally different, and you're just going to have to take my word on that.

Everybody is prone to make mistakes. And the views of 3 clan leaders aren't exactly the most objective. You're going to tend to favor people that you know, it's how life works. The important thing is being able to determine whether or not a personal bias is impacting your decisions. Quite honestly, I'm ****, I'll never make this team and as a result, I'm impartial at best as to who does and doesn't get included, but I'm noticing some slight favoritism and as such I feel a need to point it out. Not criticizing so much as bringing it to your attention.  Where are all the Wappaws, the WKs, the GKs, the RAs? There are quite a few U.S. clans with little to no representation, take a second look, and you might just be surprised at what you missed.

Rhade said:
RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

Look at big bad Rhade coming in with the iron internet anonymity fist. Your team is poor, many people agree and you need to understand that NA has a lot of potential beyond your circle jerk of BkS and Balion.

If my team is poor, why do these players make up teams of the most successful groups in recent NA Warband tournaments? Look at the naste ladder, look at the KTIT and KBOOB results.

Those facts, pertain to their respective teams they originate from.  Meaning, that BkS players work well with BkS players.  USA would have a much better chance if it was just BkS rather than a mish-mash of some random people you think are at the "international" level of warband competitiveness.

RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

Look at big bad Rhade coming in with the iron internet anonymity fist. Your team is moderate at best, many people agree and you need to understand that NA has a lot of potential beyond your circle jerk of BkS and Balion.
To be fair, Ra is a terrible clan. We can't win scrims. That being said, Jesse and myself are excellent players, Jesse can shoot as well if not better then any archer you have on the roster(except for John :smile: ) and I am an excellent melee player who can outfight many meleers on the roster. I will gladly try out and I am sure Jesse will as well.

Bgfan said:
Everybody is prone to make mistakes. And the views of 3 clan leaders aren't exactly the most objective. You're going to tend to favor people that you know, it's how life works. The important thing is being able to determine whether or not a personal bias is impacting your decisions. Quite honestly, I'm ****, I'll never make this team and as a result, I'm impartial at best as to who does and doesn't get included, but I'm noticing some slight favoritism and as such I feel a need to point it out. Not criticizing so much as bringing it to your attention.  Where are all the Wappaws, the WKs, the GKs, the RAs? There are quite a few U.S. clans with little to no representation, take a second look, and you might just be surprised at what you missed.

Im going to say this only one more time, I've said it before:

We're here to win, not to coddle, and not to "represent" everyone. Our approach is that we're going to take the best players, and I don't know how this so difficult to wrap your head around -- the best players usually come from the better clans. I'm not going to say "Oh man, we don't have a GK, we better grab one to be fair!" I'm not here to be fair, I'm here to win.

There are a lot more variables than "oh man, I saw that guy do good in a pub one time."

You ask why there are not certain players from certain clans? They have little to no competitive experience, they label themselves as "casual" or "non-competitive" clans. Why the hell would we take players from them for the most competitive, intense Warband tournament?

This is a simple concept. All of you complaining: feel free to PM me names to who you think should be on the roster, and who should be taken off for them. Consider things like:

Talent
Time dedication
Chemistry
Understanding competitive comms
etc etc

Not just "I saw him play once in pom central and his kd was like 5/1" or "he's the best _____ clan has he is so good."

Represented Clans:

Black Shields: 4
League of Extraordinary Swordsmen 3
Balion Mercenaries 6
Kingdom of Avalon 1
West Knights 1
NK: 1

That's first and second string

This is the U.S. Nations cup team, you're not accurately representing the U.S.

Rhade said:
Bgfan said:

Im going to say this only one more time, I've said it before:

We're here to win, not to coddle, and not to "represent" everyone. Our approach is that we're going to take the best players, and I don't know how this so difficult to wrap your head around -- the best players usually come from the better clans. I'm not going to say "Oh man, we don't have a GK, we better grab one to be fair!" I'm not here to be fair, I'm here to win.

There are a lot more variables than "oh man, I saw that guy do good in a pub one time."

You ask why there are not certain players from certain clans? They have little to no competitive experience, they label themselves as "casual" or "non-competitive" clans. Why the hell would we take players from them for the most competitive, intense Warband tournament?

This is a simple concept. All of you complaining: feel free to PM me names to who you think should be on the roster, and who should be taken off for them. Consider things like:

Talent
Time dedication
Chemistry
Understanding competitive comms
etc etc

Not just "I saw him play once in pom central and his kd was like 5/1" or "he's the best _____ clan has he is so good."
I got all them things. Why no roster for me though?

RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:
RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

Those facts, pertain to their respective teams they originate from.  Meaning, that BkS players work well with BkS players.  USA would have a much better chance if it was just BkS rather than a mish-mash of some random people you think are at the "international" level of warband competitiveness.

BkS doesn't have that many players. And a BkS tag doesn't guarantee a slot.

Random people? Balion has long been the second best clan, and the players from Balion are their best.

Honestly, we're going to have to accept that someone is going to be the shot-caller here, and I can't think of anyone better than Mad Dawg and myself when it comes to knowing what it takes to win Warband matches. I really don't see how you can argue with that, and this is our decision.

findecanno said:
RockerJesse said:
Rhade said:

This is a tournament.
Not a pub.

To be fair, Ra is a terrible clan. We can't win scrims. That being said, Jesse and myself are excellent players, Jesse can shoot as well if not better then any archer you have on the roster(except for John :smile: ) and I am an excellent melee player who can outfight many meleers on the roster. I will gladly try out and I am sure Jesse will as well.

I'm not going to call out certain clans, but I think it's fair to say that a lot of NA clans just aren't the most competitive; they may have good players, but that's not good enough. They need to understand the competitive system, the metagame, and what's expected of them before the match even starts. We don't have time to take a talented, good player and train them in all the other intangible factors. Certain good players haven't been exposed to the metagame or a very competitively run scrim, ever, and that's not something you just learn overnight.

If you look at the roster, there is only ONE player who is one dimensional. I know you're an amazing duelist and a good infantry player, you're pretty good at archery also.

We're looking for people to be elite at at least 2/3 classes. Elite. 2/3.

Beer isn't a bad Cav either.

Elite at one, very good at 2.

All I want is representation, as I said this is the U.S. team, please represent the U.S. not our top 2 clans.

Bgfan said:
Represented Clans:

Black Shields: 4
League of Extraordinary Swordsmen 3
Balion Mercenaries 6
Kingdom of Avalon 1
West Knights 1
NK: 1

That's first and second string

This is the U.S. Nations cup team, you're not accurately representing the U.S.

This is what an international tournament is; the best come from each country and compete. You don't say "oh, you need players from each clan."

That is not, never has been, and never will be the approach to competitive tournaments.

Frankly, the stance we've taken is we want America to win, so we're going to take America's best and take America's best shot. This isn't about being fair and coddling people, simple as that.

Edit:

This is obviously an exercise in futility. The three of you are unable to comprehend simple English.

I'm done wasting my time.

Lets see here, I haven't always been in Ra, back in the day, PRT almost beat bks and I was there. I understand metagame and all that crap. All I am asking for is a tryout, tell me what I need to do, and I will do it.

But the thing is, you're not going with America's best. I've seen plenty of players who are on the roster that can be outplayed by many who aren't. Hell, Letholdus is possibly the best scrimmer I've ever met, and half of you probably don't even know who he is. This is more of a popularity contest than anything at the moment, which is why I ask that you just take a second look.

I see I have sparked a rather heated discussion.

To Rhade: First off I am impressed with your knowledge of sports, although I am not a fan of the Patriots. However, everyone here isn't trying to tell you, Mad and Marnid how to do your job. We all know that you all are very much capable of doing an effective job. People are making comments and suggestions so that they can better the USA's experience in the Nation's Cup. But seriously...PM the captains? Who the hell is going to do that? If I was a captain and I got PM'd by some person I don't know who was making suggestions, I would ignore the **** out of them. To even consider that we think we are better "coaches" than you guys is ridiculous. In addition, if you guys have all this experience under your belts (which we are all very aware of) then shouldn't you be prepared for people to criticize your methods and decisions? Every ****ing player in this community who thinks he/she is good most likely wants to play on the Nations Cup team, yet you expect them to just sit back and relax? We know you aren't here to make everyone happy. If we needed a captain who did that it sure as hell wouldn't be you. Therefore, there is no point in responding to messages similar to this one in a hostile manner, because it won't get you anywhere. I would SUGGEST not dismissing every single suggestion that gets tossed into your garbage can of a suggestion box.

Rhade, you have a big e-penis.  Just because some members are inside of a clan that they have friends with and don't want to abandon them for another clan that has a higher win/loss ratio, doesn't mean that they have no experience and understand what warband matches require and mean.

CoolMB said:
I see I have sparked a rather heated discussion.

To Rhade: First off I am impressed with your knowledge of sports, although I am not a fan of the Patriots. However, everyone here isn't trying to tell you, Mad and Marnid how to do your job. We all know that you all are very much capable of doing an effective job. People are making comments and suggestions so that they can better the USA's experience in the Nation's Cup. But seriously...PM the captains? Who the hell is going to do that? If I was a captain and I got PM'd by some person I don't know who was making suggestions, I would ignore the **** out of them. To even consider that we think we are better "coaches" than you guys is ridiculous. In addition, if you guys have all this experience under your belts (which we are all very aware of) then shouldn't you be prepared for people to criticize your methods and decisions? Every ****ing player in this community who thinks he/she is good most likely wants to play on the Nations Cup team, yet you expect them to just sit back and relax? We know you aren't here to make everyone happy. If we needed a captain who did that it sure as hell wouldn't be you. Therefore, there is no point in responding to messages similar to this one in a hostile manner, because it won't get you anywhere. I would SUGGEST not dismissing every single suggestion that gets tossed into your garbage can of a suggestion box.

True facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom