Naval features in Bannerlord: possible or not? What apart from combat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Apart from travel, combat and probably trade, what could the features be? Is it even possible (assuming they built the engine with navy in mind)?

Here is the planned map of Calradia in 1057.
BuILeuz.jpg

If they remain true to their word of all things being more moddable than in Warband... then yes, it will be possible.

IIRC they have, however, stated that it will not be in the base game.

Brave Sir said:
map is clearly not suited for naval battles but mods are good things you know that

Mods are good. But developer implemented features, with the engine and all other features adjusted to account for them, are better :smile:.

The map's not designed for it, but still, sailing on those internal seas/lakes could still be advantageous depending on how long land travel takes comparatively.

@Uesugi, could put a map (eg this one) in the OP. Plus that quote from lust.
BuILeuz.jpg

Brave Sir said:
Uesugi Kenshin said:
Snap. Well we can still speculate :iamamoron: right? RIGHT?! :ohdear:
map is clearly not suited for naval battles but mods are good things you know that
It's true that Calradia is a peninsula but it is a wartorn one. And if the borders are so unstable and as a consequence the land trade routes are so unsafe(if you think I'm conjecturing check out Marnid dialogue when you hire him), it only make sense that the Calradians have developed a decent seafaring trade and the piracy that goes with it, because historically where there be wealth, there be thieves. Google the Hanseatic League if you want an example of sea trade.

The question is whether or not players would gain any meaningful gameplay experience if trading ships were added.

I.e. in mods like Brytenwalda or DLCs like VikingConquest such features make sense, because the player already needs to travel the sea to get from one place to another - it thus adds life to their journey. However, if there is no reason to travel the sea except for raiding ships... it is much less valuable to the game (even if they make a sick naval combat simulation). See Floris as the example for low value seafaring.

I mean ... maybeeee they overhauled the economic system entirely and are now tying specific goods to specific parties and large-scale trading will have a visible effect on villages, castles and towns. In such a case Seafaring could give players a neat Patrician-esque experience. But I would be surprised if that was the case. (Not to worry, that is a mod I want to make  :iamamoron:)

A Patrician style mod for Bannerlord?  Hmmmm.  Interesting.  Personally, I prefer a more-in-depth Warband focusing on warfare, diplomacy, village and city management but a trading system that makes sense, with or without ships, would be nice.

Uesugi Kenshin said:
Apart from travel, combat and probably trade, what could the features be? Is it even possible (assuming they built the engine with navy in mind)?

Here is the planned map of Calradia in 1057.
BuILeuz.jpg

I dont find it too far outside the boundaries of reason to simply connect the large bodies of water via river. It would basically make the entire map traversable by boat.

I'm a little anxious about how this alternative game might depart from warband.  I'm sure its great to have as an expansion, maybe in a different part of the world with more islands and more reason to have naval features.

A refined trading system would be nice.

Lord Brutus said:
A Patrician style mod for Bannerlord?  Hmmmm.  Interesting.  Personally, I prefer a more-in-depth Warband focusing on warfare, diplomacy, village and city management but a trading system that makes sense, with or without ships, would be nice.
dont worry there will be plenty of modders waiting eagerly to make almost everthing.

and time to reveal my secret bannerlord project mare mostrum or project Indenosia........

edit:good news I just noticed callum has said 'deep trade system' in Q&A

About naval combat,  it would be interesting to see a naval port assault kind of like in TW: Rome II, where you have to land your ships and capture the city, all the while trying to defend your men from enemy troops and defensive weapons. (e.g. ballistae)

Back
Top Bottom