Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I am trying to get the Improved Battle Scenes addon working, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it and I was hoping someone here could help. Before this, I have never used python or the module system before, so it took me a good few hours to even get it semi-working.

The issues are that I keep spawning on the very edge of the battle map facing backwards, sometimes the enemy army spawns right beside me, and the maps don't seem to be any larger. However I can tell that it is at least semi-working because the maps appear to be hand made and not randomly generated, and I have never had issues with spawning on the very edge of the map facing backwards or spawning next to the enemy army.

I've gotten to where I am now by downloading the files from moddb, copying the text files into the scenes and script files in the module system by following the instructions (and by some guesswork and trial and error, since it's my first time using this software), copying all the scn_ files into the SceneObj folder, and running the build_module.bat file in the ModuleSystem folder. This is all just to get it semi-working in Native, whereas my end goal is to get it properly working with a mod.

Hello,
Did you apply the modifications for the scene codes in module_scenes.py or in scenes.txt?

In any case, you can try my .py files. Note that they also include the towns.
https://ufile.io/guy835cg

Did you intend to just include the module_scripts.py file in that link? That's all I seem to be able to download from it.

Either way, I applied the modifications to the .py files. I tried installing the mod again using your module_scripts.py file and it seems to work now, but I'm not sure if it's because I used your module_scripts.py file or if I did something else different.

After getting it to work with Native, I've now made a few attempts to get it working with dickplomacy reloaded (don't laugh, it's a good mod!) but it seems way too complicated for me, so I think I'll try it with just plain old diplomacy and see how that goes. It's a bit of a shame though, because the horse archer AI is really good in dickplomacy reloaded, and the larger, flatter maps would have synergized with that really well.

I think I missed the scenes file.
There you go:
https://ufile.io/brs3aqkc

Tell me whether it works of not. Also, keep in mind that the changes to the battle scenes are not savegame compatible.

First of all, I want to say I have been watching this topic for years now and I admire your work. Maps you created look great and they really do feel like they are what vanilla should have been like from the start. I was waiting for you to finish all of the maps before I started a new game with them but I couldn't resist in the end and I installed the latest one available at the time of this post.

Please take this as a fair criticism but I am sorry to say after playing the game with your mod I was left a bit disappointed. Maps do look much better, much nicer, but in my humble opinion they feel even more lifeless than the vanilla now. You expanded some of the cities and castles, but the amount of NPC either remain the same or they are simply not enough to populate the places they are in. These places feel just dreadfully dull. And your taverns are just as dull as the vanilla, I would say maybe even more so since some of them appear to be somewhat larger. After playing the game with Tavern Animation Pack for a while, it just feels both unbearable and unacceptable to see them as dull and as boring as they are in your mod.

I am guessing you have no intention of ever changing that, but I just find it a shame to have a mod as good looking as yours available and being unable to enjoy it because it actually feels somewhat inferior to the vanilla. (because at least vanilla supposed to be the way it is)

My suggestion is (I am guessing you will outright reject it) please consider integrating Tavern Animation Pack into your mod and add more NPC's in appropriate places.

I will show myself out.

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
First of all, I want to say I have been watching this topic for years now and I admire your work. Maps you created look great and they really do feel like they are what vanilla should have been like from the start. I was waiting for you to finish all of the maps before I started a new game with them but I couldn't resist in the end and I installed the latest one available at the time of this post.

Please take this as a fair criticism but I am sorry to say after playing the game with your mod I was left a bit disappointed. Maps do look much better, much nicer, but in my humble opinion they feel even more lifeless than the vanilla now. You expanded some of the cities and castles, but the amount of NPC either remain the same or they are simply not enough to populate the places they are in. These places feel just dreadfully dull. And your taverns are just as dull as the vanilla, I would say maybe even more so since some of them appear to be somewhat larger. After playing the game with Tavern Animation Pack for a while, it just feels both unbearable and unacceptable to see them as dull and as boring as they are in your mod.

I am guessing you have no intention of ever changing that, but I just find it a shame to have a mod as good looking as yours available and being unable to enjoy it because it actually feels somewhat inferior to the vanilla. (because at least vanilla supposed to be the way it is)

My suggestion is (I am guessing you will outright reject it) please consider integrating Tavern Animation Pack into your mod and add more NPC's in appropriate places.

I will show myself out.
This is a modder resource, not a mod. Of course the towns are empty when used in Native; that's not something Bowman could change without breaking native compatibility.

Ruthven said:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:

I will show myself out.
This is a modder resource, not a mod. Of course the towns are empty when used in Native; that's not something Bowman could change without breaking native compatibility.
+1

Dj_FRedy said:
Ruthven said:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:

I will show myself out.
+1
+1

I hope you found the way out meanwhile  :lol:

Lookie here kids, above you can see the perfect example of missing the point.

I stated my opinion, also said that he probably wouldn't change it anyway. Bowman could at least add compatibility for Tavern Animation Pack without breaking the native compatibility.. (since it wont do anything unless you have the Tavern Animation Pack)

My point was, since his maps are larger and the amount of NPC's stay the same, his mod (Or resource, or whatever the hell you fancy calling it. Lets face it though, it is a mod, since no one will bother to do anything else with it.) ends up feeling empty and dreadful. And I did make it a point to state this was my "opinion". Not everyone has to feel the same.

There is no reason why he or someone else who knows what they are doing to use these stuff to improve upon the vanilla game. I really wish I could do it myself. Yet it is evident no one will bother, because there is like 1000 crappy total conversion mods out there, but there is not a single mod that only improves the main game without changing it into something else entirely. I am willing to bet what can be find in small bits and pieces here could be even used to remaster the game (in a way) but no one will ever do it. It is maddening. /RANT

Look here kido (since you are calling us the same), I explain here especially for you how it works:
The 'Native Scene Replacement Pack is listed beneath the OSP Resources and neither in the Pioneer's Guild (Mods under Construction) nor in the Caravanserai (Released mods). If you believe that this here is a mod, it's totally up to you, but it is not. Per definition an OSP ressource is for others to build up upon if they want to use it. Before you start crying again about that you only state your opinion, I will pick up your points:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
I stated my opinion, also said that he probably wouldn't change it anyway. Bowman could at least add compatibility for Tavern Animation Pack without breaking the native compatibility.. (since it wont do anything unless you have the Tavern Animation Pack)
It's an ressource pack, Bowman is a scener. This means he only offers you new scenes which you can implement. I don't think that Bowman has ever touched the field of animations (Please correct me if wrong, Bowman) as a huge part of the modders are not looking into it. If you want to combine it since in your opinion his scenes are larger and therefore feel more empty, feel free to find out how it works and do it by yourself. Picking up by this the next part
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
My point was, since his maps are larger and the amount of NPC's stay the same, his mod (Or resource, or whatever the hell you fancy calling it. Lets face it though, it is a mod, since no one will bother to do anything else with it.) ends up feeling empty and dreadful. And I did make it a point to state this was my "opinion". Not everyone has to feel the same.
I already explained above that it's not a mod. If you are looking for mods, then look into the threads which are about mods  :wink:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
There is no reason why he or someone else who knows what they are doing to use these stuff to improve upon the vanilla game. I really wish I could do it myself. Yet it is evident no one will bother, because there is like 1000 crappy total conversion mods out there, but there is not a single mod that only improves the main game without changing it into something else entirely. I am willing to bet what can be find in small bits and pieces here could be even used to remaster the game (in a way) but no one will ever do it. It is maddening. /RANT
Like mentioned before, maybe Bowman has no experience with animations, so he simply cannot include them. It's not like you get the title modder and suddenly you know everything about every code snippet of the game.
As it is an ressource, people will of course integrate it into their mod when it is suiting them and modders tend to use not only a single Scene Replacement Pack but aim for doing more. So no wonder you don't find a mod with only this scene pack here and, what a lucky day, only the tavern animation combined with it.
Most here are starting modding because we have the feeling we want to improve the game at specific points or want to convert it in our own vision of a game. It's not like that we have nothing to do at all and are hanging around here, praying that someone passes by with a good idea which we can happily solve for him/her.
You have no knowledge how to do it, I accept that. This still doesn't mean that you cannot try to gather knowledge of how to do it. I was at the same position last year and I jumped into it, not knowing how difficult and sometimes frustrating it would become while it brings at the same time also joy when you successfully compile it and it works. Every first step is hard. Start out here, that's the place where most of us started: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
... Bowman podría al menos agregar compatibilidad para el paquete de animación de la taberna sin romper la compatibilidad nativa .. (ya que no hará nada a menos que tenga el paquete de animación de la taberna)
Ruthven said:
Este es un recurso modder, no un mod. Por supuesto, las ciudades están vacías cuando se usan en nativos; Eso no es algo que Bowman podría cambiar sin romper la compatibilidad nativa.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.msg7110256.html#msg7110256

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
...  his mod (Or resource, or whatever the hell you fancy calling it. Lets face it though, it is a mod, since no one will bother to do anything else with it.)
OSP, False
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
And I did make it a point to state this was my "opinion". Not everyone has to feel the same.
something reasonable to vary

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
Well, that's your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more... without acrimony...
And now I'm leaving, I think I've exhausted my daily quota of quotes.

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
Yet it is evident no one will bother, because there is like 1000 crappy total conversion mods out there, but there is not a single mod that only improves the main game without changing it into something else entirely. I am willing to bet what can be find in small bits and pieces here could be even used to remaster the game (in a way) but no one will ever do it. It is maddening. /RANT

Oh, right, Native expansion mods are not a thing.

hpZ4YeW.png

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
Look here kido (since you are calling us the same), I explain here especially for you how it works:
The 'Native Scene Replacement Pack is listed beneath the OSP Resources and neither in the Pioneer's Guild (Mods under Construction) nor in the Caravanserai (Released mods). If you believe that this here is a mod, it's totally up to you, but it is not. Per definition an OSP ressource is for others to build up upon if they want to use it. Before you start crying again about that you only state your opinion, I will pick up your points:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
It's an ressource pack, Bowman is a scener. This means he only offers you new scenes which you can implement. I don't think that Bowman has ever touched the field of animations (Please correct me if wrong, Bowman) as a huge part of the modders are not looking into it. If you want to combine it since in your opinion his scenes are larger and therefore feel more empty, feel free to find out how it works and do it by yourself. Picking up by this the next part
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
I already explained above that it's not a mod. If you are looking for mods, then look into the threads which are about mods  :wink:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
Like mentioned before, maybe Bowman has no experience with animations, so he simply cannot include them. It's not like you get the title modder and suddenly you know everything about every code snippet of the game.
As it is an ressource, people will of course integrate it into their mod when it is suiting them and modders tend to use not only a single Scene Replacement Pack but aim for doing more. So no wonder you don't find a mod with only this scene pack here and, what a lucky day, only the tavern animation combined with it.
Most here are starting modding because we have the feeling we want to improve the game at specific points or want to convert it in our own vision of a game. It's not like that we have nothing to do at all and are hanging around here, praying that someone passes by with a good idea which we can happily solve for him/her.
You have no knowledge how to do it, I accept that. This still doesn't mean that you cannot try to gather knowledge of how to do it. I was at the same position last year and I jumped into it, not knowing how difficult and sometimes frustrating it would become while it brings at the same time also joy when you successfully compile it and it works. Every first step is hard. Start out here, that's the place where most of us started: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

You are wrong on so many accounts. I would go into detail and cover everything line by line, but I am really tired, so here is a rundown.

First of all, I wasn't calling anyone a kid. I was trying to point something out (using imaginary kids, like as if in a class) and trying to be funny while doing it. (I might not be funny, but I didn't use that line to offend anyone)

You can label anything as anything. You are saying a OSP resource is something that is meant to be build over, but it is, in the end, still a mod. It can be used a standalone mod, you can use it without needing anything else, just like I did. It isn't a texture resource we are talking about here. And since no one will use it is intended, it is pointless to argue.

Bowman would not need to animate anything whatsoever and he would not need to code anything either. Tavern animation pack is complete and ready to go. It would work with his maps without any hassle at all. In fact, I tried it and it already does to some degree, only issue is that since he modified the maps, placement is all wrong. All he would really need to do is to modify the tavern maps and correct the placement.

Lastly I work around 16 hours a day, I can barely find any time to game, learning how to do it myself and modding the game is out of the question no matter how much I want to do it. Saying "if you don't like it, do it yourself then" isn't a good answer. I am stating my opinion here and I myself stated he probably wouldn't do it anyway.

Dj_FRedy said:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
... Bowman podría al menos agregar compatibilidad para el paquete de animación de la taberna sin romper la compatibilidad nativa .. (ya que no hará nada a menos que tenga el paquete de animación de la taberna)
Ruthven said:
Este es un recurso modder, no un mod. Por supuesto, las ciudades están vacías cuando se usan en nativos; Eso no es algo que Bowman podría cambiar sin romper la compatibilidad nativa.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.msg7110256.html#msg7110256

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
...  his mod (Or resource, or whatever the hell you fancy calling it. Lets face it though, it is a mod, since no one will bother to do anything else with it.)
OSP, False
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
And I did make it a point to state this was my "opinion". Not everyone has to feel the same.
something reasonable to vary

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
Well, that's your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more... without acrimony...
And now I'm leaving, I think I've exhausted my daily quota of quotes.

Forget all that, why am I speaking Spanish there? How am I speaking Spanish there? Do I have a a secret double life I am unaware of? I have so many questions.

I hate to repeat myself, but labeling it as OSP doesn't change the facts. A mod is a mod. It is a modification of the vanilla Warband maps. Mod is short for modification. Trying to change this distinction just because you meant your mod as a resource or something to be built upon doesn't change what it is at its core.

Maroon said:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:
Yet it is evident no one will bother, because there is like 1000 crappy total conversion mods out there, but there is not a single mod that only improves the main game without changing it into something else entirely. I am willing to bet what can be find in small bits and pieces here could be even used to remaster the game (in a way) but no one will ever do it. It is maddening. /RANT

Oh, right, Native expansion mods are not a thing.

hpZ4YeW.png

Go read the descriptions. Investigate them. See if they are in any way or fashion similar to what I am talking about here.

Let me give you a clue: THEY ARE NOT.

In fact, top right one is a joke mod. Top middle one is just bug fixes. (or so the author claims, he just changes things the way he likes.) Top left one is just an easy way to cheat.

Rest of it just change the game in stupid ways. Like adding a differently named Nord unit or making majority of the recruits you can get from a village female.

I was asking for something akin to a vanilla remastered edition (or something along those lines) Better, livelier vanilla maps, with more NPC's, which behave in realistic ways. Just an improved version of the base game. There is nothing even remotely similar to that.

Just an improved version of the base game. There is nothing even remotely similar to that.
Has it crossed your mind that that might not be a possibility? Shocker, I know! Unless you somehow think that not a single modder of any of those mods had this thought before you.
I hate to repeat myself, but labeling it as OSP doesn't change the facts. A mod is a mod. It is a modification of the vanilla Warband maps. Mod is short for modification. Trying to change this distinction just because you meant your mod as a resource or something to be built upon doesn't change what it is at its core.
I hate to repeat you, but labeling a Remaster mod as not being a remaster mod doesn't change the facts. A remaster mod is a remaster mod. It is a module for the main Warband game that is not a total conversion. Trying to change that distinction just because you want a remaster to have a certain amount of features doesn't change what it is at its core.

Look mate. In this community, mods are defined as being a module (not modification, module) that you can download, put in the Modules folder, select in the Modules dropdown, and play. The things that you can download in this section of the forum are called OSPs, which stand for Open Source Packs. The primary goal and function of these downloads is to provide content for modder to work with. Can you install them in Native and play them? In this case, yes. That is not its primary goal, however. Therefore, critiquing this post for not having the features you are looking for is like critiquing a door for not being built in the right type of building. There's nothing the door can do about it. This download is specifically one set of features, not a full mod.

Bottom line: If you have a request for a certain mod to be made that combines several OSPs, which could for example include this OSP, the Tavern pack, and more, don't post it here, but post it in this thread here.
Also, general point of feedback, jumping into a mix of people with a lot of experience with something as someone who does not have any of that experience, and telling them they are doing everything wrong is the easiest way to get everyone to oppose anything you say.

Old Comment
Maroon said:
Just an improved version of the base game. There is nothing even remotely similar to that.
Has it crossed your mind that that might not be a possibility? Shocker, I know! Unless you somehow think that not a single modder of any of those mods had this thought before you.
I hate to repeat you, but labeling a Remaster mod as not being a remaster mod doesn't change the facts. A remaster mod is a remaster mod. It is a modification of the main Warband game without being a total conversion. Trying to change that distinction just because you want a remaster to have a certain amount of features doesn't change what it is at its core.

Congratulations. You should receive the "most idiotic comment ever" award.

Of course it is possible. Anything is possible. It is done in bits and pieces and those pieces wont fit together without some work, but they are the solid proof that it can be done, just no one has done it yet. Native Scene Replacement Pack, Tavern Animation Pack and several other similar mods (or resources as you call them) is as close to a remaster as we are going to get until someone fiddles around with them to make them fit together properly. Because they are like parts of a puzzle that don't fit together properly yet.

Go on and learn what remaster means. I don't think you know what it means. Trying to use my words against me the way you do is childish at best. (And you fail horribly at it by the way) A cheating tool or a joke mod isn't even relevant to what we are talking about here. And those are the ones in your post.

Not to mention I said something "akin to a remaster", so you fail on more than one account.

Since you updated your post, I shall update mine.

Like I have said, I do not care what you define it as. It is a modification. Not to mention this is released and referred to as a "mod" on other sites by the author himself. (files on those sites are no different from the files here by the way) Both on Nexus and Moddb. Saying, "aahh, but it is meant as a resource" doesn't apply here, especially in this case. I could agree to that for any other topic on this section, there is a reason why I don't make comments like these on Tavern Animation Pack topic for example.

I'd say it is more like a steel door, built for a wooden frame. It can't really support it, but oh well.

Also, even as just a resource, I am just talking about a superior version of this. I do not have any experience of modding this game before, but I am, or at least I was a modder myself. Are you suggesting I should be looked down upon because I don't have any experience modding this game? Because the way you put it, it sure sounds like it.

Dude, what are you even trying to achieve here? Adding ad hominems to all of your comments isn't going to make you more right. Also great job at ignoring the actual constructive part of my comment.

And if you're looking for actual decent mods that expand on Native? How about Floris Mod Pack, a mod set in Native that combines a lot of small mods to create a better experience? How about Native Expansion, a mod aimed at expanding and improving Native?
Start getting the message, and start getting to the areas where you should post, not this mess of a thread you've made with your ridiculous insulting of everyone trying to explain things to you.

jamesmaxwell1453 said:
You are wrong on so many accounts. I would go into detail and cover everything line by line, but I am really tired, so here is a rundown.

First of all, I wasn't calling anyone a kid. I was trying to point something out (using imaginary kids, like as if in a class) and trying to be funny while doing it. (I might not be funny, but I didn't use that line to offend anyone)

You can label anything as anything. You are saying a OSP resource is something that is meant to be build over, but it is, in the end, still a mod. It can be used a standalone mod, you can use it without needing anything else, just like I did. It isn't a texture resource we are talking about here. And since no one will use it is intended, it is pointless to argue.

Bowman would not need to animate anything whatsoever and he would not need to code anything either. Tavern animation pack is complete and ready to go. It would work with his maps without any hassle at all. In fact, I tried it and it already does to some degree, only issue is that since he modified the maps, placement is all wrong. All he would really need to do is to modify the tavern maps and correct the placement.

Lastly I work around 16 hours a day, I can barely find any time to game, learning how to do it myself and modding the game is out of the question no matter how much I want to do it. Saying "if you don't like it, do it yourself then" isn't a good answer. I am stating my opinion here and I myself stated he probably wouldn't do it anyway.
Yes, of course, I can label it as anything and you are right. Bowman treats it as an OSP ressource, the modding community treats it as an OSP ressource and here you come, the enlighted one, telling us that we have never realised that this here is a mod and has been put it into the wrong thread. How could we all have been so blind now for five years? It's really a shame!

Taken that you didn't wanted to offend us (I know of no place at which other adults are getting called kids though) and that you have enough other work to do which hinders you at working (that's something occuring to us modders from time to time too, sadly). The main points here is: You are threating this here as a mod while it wasn't intended to be one.

The main intention of this work here is that modders can use it to build up upon Bowman's work. If they do this or not, that doesn't matter.

Yes, you can ask Bowman to work in the requested Tavern animation but you should do it in a nice way and certainly not in the way you did, treating it as mod which it simply is not. Casual gamers who do not want to/ have no time to/ cannot mod are not supposed to delve into the ressource area. And that's why we even take the time to argue with you. You can request from Bowman that he converts it into a mod, including the Tavern animation. Take into account that even Bowman has a restricted time schedule and, like you assumed at the beginning already, might simply have no interest to convert this OSP ressource pack into a mod which would fit your wished.

Maroon said:
Dude, what are you even trying to achieve here? Adding ad hominems to all of your comments isn't going to make you more right. Also great job at ignoring the actual constructive part of my comment.

And if you're looking for actual decent mods that expand on Native? How about Floris Mod Pack, a mod set in Native that combines a lot of small mods to create a better experience? How about Native Expansion, a mod aimed at expanding and improving Native?
Start getting the message, and start getting to the areas where you should post, not this mess of a thread you've made with your ridiculous insulting of everyone trying to explain things to you.

Honestly, what kind of comment did you really expect when you edited and repeated my words to me like a five year old. You might not find your own post really insulting, but it is when you think about it. When you start using that kind of talk, there is no right and wrong anymore, there is only bickering between two adults who in real life should really know better.

For my part, when I saw the "actual constructive part" as you put it, I edited my post. You edited your post after I posted mine and so I took too long to do it as usual. I have absolutely nothing against you, not towards any of you, really. I am not even from this modding community, different rules apply where I used to reside and there is no point of arguing anymore.

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
jamesmaxwell1453 said:

Yes, of course, I can label it as anything and you are right. Bowman treats it as an OSP ressource, the modding community treats it as an OSP ressource and here you come, the enlighted one, telling us that we have never realised that this here is a mod and has been put it into the wrong thread. How could we all have been so blind now for five years? It's really a shame!

Taken that you didn't wanted to offend us (I know of no place at which other adults are getting called kids though) and that you have enough other work to do which hinders you at working (that's something occuring to us modders from time to time too, sadly). The main points here is: You are threating this here as a mod while it wasn't intended to be one.

The main intention of this work here is that modders can use it to build up upon Bowman's work. If they do this or not, that doesn't matter.

Yes, you can ask Bowman to work in the requested Tavern animation but you should do it in a nice way and certainly not in the way you did, treating it as mod which it simply is not. Casual gamers who do not want to/ have no time to/ cannot mod are not supposed to delve into the ressource area. And that's why we even take the time to argue with you. You can request from Bowman that he converts it into a mod, including the Tavern animation. Take into account that even Bowman has a restricted time schedule and, like you assumed at the beginning already, might simply have no interest to convert this OSP ressource pack into a mod which would fit your wished.

As I mentioned on a previous post, how Bowman treats this isn't as black and white as that. He himself uploaded it on two modding sites as a "mod". Changing what it is based on where it is posted is just weird. But whatever.

Also again, I never called anyone kids (expect Maroon, but that is after the fact). "Lookie here kids" is a line, I wasn't specifically referring to anyone. I was pointing something out. If I said "those damn aliens", would you start to think I was calling someone an alien?

I stated my opinion, I was going to leave and that would have been that, but nooooo.

Again, I have nothing against any of you, in fact I would like to think we all could have been friends. If nothing else, we all love Warband.

As the others have stated in this thread, this is an Open Source Project, and it is exactly what I had intended it to be from the very beginning. Consequently, what anyone should expect from this pack is a set of working scenes with broad compatibility for people to work with. The resource is game ready, so, given you can integrate it into any mod, it will work.

Whether someone would like to integrate the tavern animations pack, for example, or add more NPCs in towns, this is to be done at their will. Including someone else's OSP in this OSP defeats the purpose of this board, which is to share original work. If I were to include the tavern animations pack, it would require the same amount of effort to integrate into any mod, because it has little to do with scenes, and on top of that, it would make the impression that I own the work of some other modder.

People are free to use this resource at their will, and spice it up as much as they want to enhance their personal experience. I was considering integrating everything into a mod, and post it on the Pioneer's Guild with some extra features, like more people walking around, as to help people who are having trouble installing the scenes. Judging by my real life responsibilities though, I wouldn't bet my head on that happening any soon or at all.

A good example of a mod using this OSP is Ruthven's Explorer. You can check that out and see how he decided to integrate the pack: https://www.moddb.com/mods/explorer1/downloads/explorer-alpha

I wrote that I take it that you didn't want to insult anyone, still the choice of words has not been a good one from your side ^^

Since our comments here will be wiped out anyway soon, you can start thinking about formulating your request for Bowman in a better way :wink:

Back
Top Bottom