Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

These scenes are great, love the small details and the surrounding landscape.

But i have a problem with them, they don't look like a city, more like a bigger village.
I know the engine gives hard limits, especielly if you want to use them for sieges too, but maybe you can try to add more houses. Sargot is the capital of a proud and prosperous northern kingdom, and it doesn't give me this feeling.

I've been aiming mainly at creating an old barbarian atmosphere, far from civilization. Mount&Blade: Warband is set in the 1200's. The towns only started to appear in this period, so one could never expect huge and cramped areas in such a setting. Particularly, towns of a larger scale, which represented big economic and political centers first flourished in Italy and France, and this trend (very) slowly extended in the whole Europe, and boomed during the Renaissance. The "harsh" reality was that most of the population lived in rural areas, and most of the "towns" which existed back then were mostly trade centers with more population density. If we have to transpose the historical setting to the fictional world of Calradia, we can conclude that the most dense and prosperous towns can be located in the Kingdom of Swadia, the Kingdom of Rhodoks, the Sarranid Sultanate and to a lesser extent, the Kingdom of Vaegirs. I treat the Kingdom of Nords and the Khergit Khanate as more rudimentary and non-sedentary (nomadic) cultures, which cannot frourish to such a scale.

I hope this answered your question. :wink:

I still think native towns are ridiculously small and crowded. There's one street of these cramped three-story buildings, made worse by the outside being completely blocked off. I much prefer your scale; the towns are open and there aren't any contrived streets.

Arguably you'd make sarranid towns absolutely enormous, since the near and middle east in the 1200s was an urban culture where mile-wide walled cities were quite common. There were also a lot of large port settlements in europe, although the culture remained predominantly rural.

Making the sarranid towns larger in scale would also prevent you running out of scene props. There aren't many sarranid small town houses in native afaik. It's either village shack or gigantic three storey flat.

I also was annoyed with the same issue in Native. The town of Shariz seems like a multi-story(with many levels, that's what I mean)cake without a proper sturcture. Just props lying around and on top of each other, all somehow connected with stairs, wooden planks and such. But that Sargoth scene of yours, Bowman...It just felt so...Norse. :smile:

In a form of a small request, can I ask for sth? When you deal with the Sarranid scenes, can you use(at least partially) as reference the town of Moorish Cordoba? Granted, "El Cid" might infuence me, but I find that city so...beautiful. Thanks!

Thanks. I share the same feelings about Native towns. I was so upset that after a long siege, I owned some bits of senseless buildings which you cannot walk around. That led me to making this.

Of course might use references of real towns, to a certain scale. It is a bit easier to reproduce somehting than having to invent and plan stuff (which takes most of my scening time). :smile:

Speaking of Tihr, I have removed those high mountains and replaced them with low hills (see WIP on the previous page), accompanied by long ravenes. I still have to add flora and make two villages. I'm quite pleased with the results at this stage.

It's really "interesting" on how mountain painting works in Mount&Blade. Basically, you first have to place some jagged rocky textures that you have to correct by overlaying the edges with other textures, which take time to correct.

Hello there,

I have finally finished the adjacent main village located just in front of the town. It looks small, but it took a hell of time to make. Usually, I'm so bothered to make things look right that it takes me forever to place stuff on the map. Anyways, here are some screenshots taken at night. I decided that it looks more idyllic that way. :smile:

dOvpW.jpg
UZIv4.jpg
2K9fI.jpg
MkIjW.jpg
xqCcX.jpg
YKWOd.jpg
eb0sl.jpg
KHrR3.jpg
SXTG1.jpg
qEPTO.jpg
n21oD.jpg
Rp9w_.jpg
B7OGI.jpg
9Zr2D.jpg
QXHyC.jpg
HSMln.jpg
W9YVs.jpg
0G-8V.jpg
qfpYN.jpg

And yeah, some details cannot be noticed because it is, well, night. The rest of the terrain and flora is mostly done (which was the hardest part for me). The town itself won't take so much effort to make, I guess.

Thanks,

Here is more progress from today. I have finally managed to finish the main layout of the town itself and place the (elevated) paths. Some parts of the map still need flora or random buildings (I intend to place just a woodcutter somewhere). The town itself has absolutely no details; only the buildings have been placed. I still need to add details and a couple of trees inside. I also looked at the town walls and I decided that I need to change something in front of them. I'm thinking about doing some changes on the terrain, for the sake of divesity. The beach also got no attention. Thus: work in progress.
Ob0EY.jpg
ys-EC.jpg
uemRY.jpg
EKDBy.jpg
Damn terrain borders.

Those scenes look really good. I hope you are still working on them. :smile:
There is just one small thing that is bugging me.

NYwhoFH.jpg

See that small gap betweem the bridge and land? When you go over that you can see that character (or a horse) slows down a little bit. That can be annoying sometimes. :roll:

Also, are bots going to break the main gates in Wercheg? I saw it says "Destructible Target" on it.

Bots cannot really destroy things in SP maps. I know of that gap. Since it is not actively used in sieges, I just ignored it, because nobody is going to pass thorugh there except bots or the player while visiting the town.

Also, how does it work with Polished Landscapes?

Work goes slowly because of college and exams.

The Bowman said:
Bots cannot really destroy things in SP maps. I know of that gap. Since it is not actively used in sieges, I just ignored it, because nobody is going to pass thorugh there except bots or the player while visiting the town.

you could just borrow a script from Full Invasion if you wanted it(it's OSP):
Code:
  ("cf_destroy_barricade",
    [(store_script_param_1, ":instance_no"),
      (scene_prop_get_instance, ":barricade_object", "spr_invasion_barricade", ":instance_no"),
      (ge, ":barricade_object", 0),
      (prop_instance_get_position, pos1, ":barricade_object"),

(try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
         (multiplayer_is_server),
         (agent_is_alive, ":agent_no"),
#         (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
         (agent_get_team, ":team_no", ":agent_no"),
         (eq, ":team_no", 1),

(agent_get_position,pos2, ":agent_no"),
         (get_distance_between_positions, ":dist",pos1,pos2),

(le, ":dist", 120),

(agent_set_look_target_position, ":agent_no", pos1),
         (store_random_in_range, ":attack_dir", 0, 4),
         (agent_set_attack_action, ":agent_no", ":attack_dir", 0), #swings at door

(scene_prop_get_hit_points, ":hitpoints", ":instance_no"),
         (val_sub, ":hitpoints", 1),
         (scene_prop_set_hit_points, ":instance_no", ":hitpoints"),
      (try_end),
      (val_add, ":instance_no", 1),
      (call_script, "script_cf_destroy_barricade", ":instance_no"),
  ]),

Back
Top Bottom