Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

Real nice, man. I recognised that little fork in the river immediately.  :razz:

I've found the number of snowy props annoyingly small too, which is strange because they don't require half as many textures and are quite easy to make (at least for me). I made a few houses myself but they require new textures and code entries and whatnot, which you probably wouldn't want cluttering up your download.

I have noticed in some of the other castle or siege mods that some of the doors have become non-functional.  For example the door to the dungeon in castle A now goes to an arena that is empty.  Have you noticed this issue with your own work?  If so, how did you deal with it?

Redleg said:
I have noticed in some of the other castle or siege mods that some of the doors have become non-functional.  For example the door to the dungeon in castle A now goes to an arena that is empty.  Have you noticed this issue with your own work?  If so, how did you deal with it?

No, I have never had these issues. It could probably be caused by wrongly assigned passages.

That is what I was assuming since some of the siege packs add extra walls, etc.  I wish they had checked to make sure the doors went to the right places.  I am glad to hear that your stuff doesn't have these problems.  The scenes look great!

Thanks.

Since my laziness somehow lost me, I can now publish some screenshots of the completed scene. So, what you see here is the final version of Curaw. I still have to make the AI meshes. The release could have been faster, but I was busy yesterday.

gbMWy.jpg

WoGnk.jpg

_A8Zg.jpg

W4Ibu.jpg

jLQfJ.jpg

Mg7dE.jpg

bdhIZ.jpg

Wx0dz.jpg

THDcy.jpg

7rFap.jpg

SXZzP.jpg

ynHjA.jpg

fGQrw.jpg

IL8M3.jpg

aA0Hh.jpg

eENFw.jpg

5HIVu.jpg

uCow1.jpg

2XTKA.jpg

IuFsl.jpg

0UfTG.jpg

HfepR.jpg

-zF4s.jpg

4JZWp.jpg

k1nPQ.jpg

CKIAi.jpg

q1pgN.jpg

S-7Fx.jpg

xy966.jpg

qQoBg.jpg

vCsqc.jpg

EMWKV.jpg

GVaLD.jpg

EwFlb.jpg

FNy1W.jpg

y3Ago.jpg

tRXiC.jpg

ExoEz.jpg

And yes, I've got to make that before/after. :wink:

I have finally finished Curaw. The download link can be found on the main page. After a couple of look-arounds and siege tests, I can say that I'm pleased with it. :party:

I have also updated the defender siege behaviour for Khudan. Just redownload again and replace the old scn_town_9_walls.sco with the new one, and that's all.

Also, I wanted to do a before/after for Curaw, as I told you:
aFora.jpg

Edit: The download also includes a one-way ticket to Curaw especially for Reus. Meal included. Sponsor: Calradian Airlines. :razz:

The Bowman said:
The download also includes a one-way ticket to Curaw especially for Reus. Meal included. Sponsor: Calradian Airlines. :razz:
I am honored. I'll go there for my honeymoon. :razz:

EDIT: I should bring someone. Any takers? *wink wink*

jacobhinds said:
Your scenes really do make the native towns look pathetic. Like, useless wimpy pathetic.

As far as I can remember, the first ever faction for Mount&Blade was the Kingdom of Vaegirs (or was it Swadia?). I guess that explains why the Native towns are so lacking. As they continued to add factions, the quality of the scenes began to improve. Unfortunately, they have barely updated the older ones. That might be an explanation or sorts.

I really hope that Bannerlord will have "full" towns instead of the facades that we can see in their earlier titles. It would be a pity to waste such an amazing potential.

Edit: There's always enough space on the wings. :razz:
Paratroopers_jumping_from_Tupolev_TB-3.jpg

The Bowman said:
I really hope that Bannerlord will have "full" towns instead of the facades that we can see in their earlier titles. It would be a pity to waste such an amazing potential.
I think there's rather solid evidence that we will get to see some nice towns and villages in Bannerlord.

Bannerlord_10.jpg
1_4.jpg
mb89-s.jpg

The Bowman said:
As far as I can remember, the first ever faction for Mount&Blade was the Kingdom of Vaegirs (or was it Swadia?). I guess that explains why the Native towns are so lacking. As they continued to add factions, the quality of the scenes began to improve. Unfortunately, they have barely updated the older ones. That might be an explanation or sorts.

I'm guessing the first faction was Swadia since its ID is kingdom_1 and Harlaus was the antagonist in that weird zombie quest they had early on. Even so, the "new" Sarranid scenes aren't much better and basically hem you into a couple of corridors.

I don't know why they decided to separate siege and interior scenes either. If they do that in Bannerlord I'll scream and probably throw rocks at the Turkish embassy.

Reus said:
The Bowman said:
I think there's rather solid evidence that we will get to see some nice towns and villages in Bannerlord.

Bannerlord_10.jpg
1_4.jpg
mb89-s.jpg

Those only show a small sliver of a single street that admittedly isn't much better than warband. I'm inclined to believe you can't get to those towers in the background due to some very convenient wheelbarrows and generic crates.

jacobhinds said:
Those only show a small sliver of a single street that admittedly isn't much better than warband. I'm inclined to believe you can't get to those towers in the background due to some very convenient wheelbarrows and generic crates.
Don't go smashing all my hopes and dreams now.

Hmm, you have just reminded me of the leaked screenshots of Bannerlord. Here is something interesting:
mount-blade-2-5.jpg
mount-blade-2-4.jpg
mount-blade-2-3.jpg
mount-blade-2-2.jpg

This looks like a pretty big scene. I just hope this is a WIP of the many towns we're going to see. /hope

Edit: Was it me the only one who actually desperately tried to jump ovor those "generic wheelbarows and barrels" as a new player? :razz:

The Bowman said:
Hmm, you have just reminded me of the leaked screenshots of Bannerlord. Here is something interesting:

[choppa-chop]

This looks like a pretty big scene. I just hope this is a WIP of the many towns we're going to see. /hope

It looks like one of the "castles" or near-equivalents to me, which are completely open in warband as well. :---( I really hope we get some screenshots of larger settlements that can be viewed from any angle. The new scene props are just so expansive and the scenes themselves are way more natural-looking.

The Bowman said:
Edit: Was it me the only one who actually desperately tried to jump over those "generic wheelbarows and barrels" as a new player? :razz:

I still do it now.

Back
Top Bottom