Need More Info Native Module Causing Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: I've had this issue since update 1.6.0 or 1.6.1, not sure which since it had updated twice since I had last played during 1.5.9. Whenever to load into a save, as soon as I start to move on the map the game crashes. According to the Mod [Better Exception Window], it is not being caused by any mods that I am using but from the Native Module. This is what it gives me:

- Reasons

Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

- Inner exception

Source: No module
No inner exception was thrown

- Callstacks

Protip: Use a debugger like dnSpy or Visual studio to trace the source of error, by stepping the program line by line.
Inner exception callstack:No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack: at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.GameComponents.DefaultPartyTroopUpgradeModel.CanTroopGainXp(PartyBase owner, CharacterObject character)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEventParty.CommitXpGain()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEventSide.CommitXpGains()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEvent.CommitXpGains()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEvent.SimulateBattleEndSession()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEvent.Update()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEventManager.Tick()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.RealTick(Single realDt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

When I went to check the XML validity, 13 files in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\Atmospheres\Interpolated] showed as having an error of some sort. When I went into Visual Studio to see what was wrong, the issue that popped up for each was [Error: XML document cannot contain multiple root level elements]. This seems to be the issue causing the crash as far as I can tell.

Therefore, how do I solve this? And yes, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game 3 times but nothing.

How to Reproduce: Not sure if it can be reproduced on other's games.
Have you used cheats and if so which: If by cheats you mean mods, than just [Harmony, Better Exception Window, Calradia Expanded, Calradia Expanded Kingdoms, and Open Source Armory]. Any other mods that I do use can't be causing the crash cause I have tried to disable each one by itself to see if that would fix it, but it did nothing. If you don't mean mods then no.
Scene Name (if related): Campaign Map.
Media (Screenshots & Video): Can't send yet.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 496.13
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processer
RAM: 16
Motherboard: AMD
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ZA2000CM10003

Hello, please have a look at our crash checklist and common workarounds list. If none of the workarounds in the list solves the issue can you please try clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Back
Top Bottom