SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Users who are viewing this thread

karasakii said:
I'm fluent in java, not python, but I can give it a shot if I know where to start.
The mod forum has a tutorial dealing with the module system and Caba'drin has written a tutorial about python.
Theoretically, you would just have to switch the third inventory with the player inventory.
You buy gear (this would finally allow us to give our troops stuff with positive item modifiers), you put it into your inventory, it gets copied to the second inventory and then to the first. The second inventory is a hero inventory, so it should be safed. We could finally outfit our troops without limitations - if we put money aside, that is.
However, there is a new custom troop mod floating around and I need to check wether it is better or worse than the current system.

Lumos said:
@Bismarck: Have you tried using Ctrl+B on brackets in N++?
You mean "search corresponding bracket"? I know that function, but it doesn't help me to solve the problem.
The compiler is complaining about the last line with the last bracket of that file, but it is connected with the first bracket. So, the problem must be somewhere else.

this is pretty nice source code for using as a base, is there another bugfix release planned ?  :mrgreen:

Bismarck said:
The compiler is complaining about the last line with the last bracket of that file, but it is connected with the first bracket. So, the problem must be somewhere else.
Don't take that literally. It means that the bracket of problems is not the last one, but that there's a missing bracket somewhere above. Try checking brackets around the last pieces of code you modified. If all else fails, you might need to revert to older code. :???:

Bismarck said:
However, there is a new custom troop mod floating around and I need to check wether it is better or worse than the current system.
Could you please tell me what it is? I don't seem to have noticed.

Gambino said:
this is pretty nice source code for using as a base, is there another bugfix release planned ?  :mrgreen:
Yes, this mod is intended as a base for further modding efforts. However, updating to 1.153 is difficult because Diplomacy seems to be dead.

Lumos said:
Could you please tell me what it is? I don't seem to have noticed.
Looks like fully customizable troops: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,226020.msg5418411.html#msg5418411
However, I haven't tested it.

manekemaan said:
if the file is to big to compare, is it not possible to split it up? the lines should be the same.
That's a good idea.
Otherwise, I just have to get another unmodded scripts file and start from scratch.

I hope it works :grin:

About those troops, I don't fully understand, so you can also edit their lvl, stats, sex, etc ingame? The only thing missing is create new ones i guess :p

ace_of_walls said:
Here's how to fix the crashing log error: (thanks to DanAntares for figuring it out)

• Download the mod1.
  • Extract the directory "NMC Full 1.0 source" somewhere.  The desktop is what I recommend.  This is your source directory.
  • In the now-extracted directory, find the file "module_scripts.py"
  • In module_scripts.py, find "("update_agent_hp_bar",".  It should be on or around line 56875.
  • For that line, and every line after it until you find a line that says "]),", add a "#" to the beginning of the line.  You should be adding a "#" to lines 56875 through 57061.
  • Save and close the file.
  • Find and open the file module_info.py.
  • Find the line that says "export_dir = "C:/Spiele/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0/""
  • Change the path to somewhere that exists on your computer and that you can easily navigate to.  I recommend creating a subfolder in the directory you copied the source files to and using that.  This is your output directory.
  • Save and close the file.
  • Find and run the file "build_module.bat".2
  • There will probably be some errors popping up talking about "update_agent_hp_bar".  As far as I can tell, these may be safely ignored.
  • Once the script is finished, navigate to the directory you put into module_info.py.
  • Copy and paste all of the files in this directory to your Mount & Blade: Warband's Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0 directory.3  Allow all files to be overwritten.
  • You may now delete the source and output directories.
  • Enjoy your game log not crashing!

Footnotes:
1: This would be a link, but I haven't been active on the forum long enough.
2: This requires you to have Python installed on your computer.  If you do not, you will get an error like "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."  You can install it from python's website, which I can't link to.
3: Steam users will find this at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0

I have not been able to get the text to display for more than a few seconds before it disappears and does not come back till a game restart.  I have reinstalled both the game and mod.  The workaround above like it might address the issue, but I find it extremely complicated and I have not yet come close to making it work. 

My main question right now is:  Is there a specific place that python needs to be installed to be recognized?  when I run 'build_module' I get the message "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."  It also says it 'Could Not Find F:\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\modules\NMC Full 1.0 Source\*.pyc'

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for attempting to help.  I've been trying to make it work all day and I really appreciate someone taking the time to try.  I followed the win7 instructions but now im getting a syntax error.  This has become the exact opposite of fun, so I guess it's back to vanilla for me.  Thanks for trying!

Waihti has returned and he bestowed upon us Diplomacy 4.3, apparently with a bank feature! As soon as Diplomacy 4.3 is uploaded to Nexus or the Repository, I can get back to work.

Bismarck said:
Waihti has returned and he bestowed upon us Diplomacy 4.3, apparently with a bank feature! As soon as Diplomacy 4.3 is uploaded to Nexus or the Repository, I can get back to work.
Yay!  :grin:

I've tried a few mods "tweaking" Native, but this is the only one that I've really enjoied. The rest always go over the top and end up overdoing it. I think M&B is quite good as it is, and it just needs tinkering here and there.

I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but whenever I am in a battle, sometimes the messages on the side off the screen just stop, and I have to re launch to get them back. Any reason why?

DoctorPainkiller said:
I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but whenever I am in a battle, sometimes the messages on the side off the screen just stop, and I have to re launch to get them back. Any reason why?
It's because you get an error that fills up the screen messages. I get it too. But I don't know how to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom