SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Users who are viewing this thread

Good news: the source files compile without any complaints and the game should theoretically work.
Bad news: it doesn't work due to an appcrash. It also says Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. The game crashes while trying to load settings data.

You know the drill. Please find out if it is possible to start the game on your machine.
Here is the mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?iff0x00mt0e2b0t

Same here, loading setting data then freeze, the game with an error message from windows about .exe bug :/

I've done it! The mod starts and runs fine.
Unfortunately, all of PBOD is missing and there are some small errors left, but I should be able to fix it.

Testing time! Here's the BETA of NMC Full 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?b7chdhym802azve

As usual, put all errors into the Piratepad mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

If you want an even better game experience, try merging NMC Full 1.0 with Papa's Animation Enhancement and the Cinematic Mod Compilation 2.0. You graphic card will hate you, but the result looks and sounds fantastic.

The Cinematic Mod Compilation can be pasted over NMC without problems.
The Animation Project is a bit tricky:
First: In actions.txt, you have to copy everything before the first unused_human_anim and then paste it into NMC's actions.txt. This way, you will keep the new animations PBOD has added to the game.
Second: In modules.ini, there are 3 new entries beginning with load_mod_resource. Add them to NMC's module.ini. One of these entries overwrites one of NMC, but that's intended.

seden said:
Why don't you add them directly ?
Not everyone has a monster GPU. Even my new EAHD 6670 gets very busy when running my mod (with a battlesize of 401, of course). Besides, adding them would greatly increase the download size.
When NMC 1.0 is complete, I could create a seperate download which includes these two mods.

why battlesize 400 and 1? to have 200vs200 except yourself?

ps: my exam went great :grin:

first bug: when fighting against taige bandits:

script error on opcode 1747 invalid item kind ID 599 line no 106
at mission template [9] must lead charge Trigger [56] Consequences (this x4)

Second: the comands above F3 dont work.

Third:
Script erron on opcode 1601  invalid party ID 644 line no 14
and
Script error on opcode 1652 invalid party ID 644 line no 22

these both are given next to the line:
at script error 625: combine parties of same template

fourth: companions always drop the books i give them in the item pool.

Ok, so no crash at all so far but :

• Bandits and looters don't regroup when close from each others and attacked.
  • patrols and band passing by don't attack them at all, having them just in front don't help.
  • The taxes from towns and villages don't come in.

manekemaan said:
first bug: when fighting against taige bandits:

script error on opcode 1747 invalid item kind ID 599 line no 106
at mission template [9] must lead charge Trigger [56] Consequences (this x4)
Most likely PBOD. I too have noticed such an error while fighting some desert bandits. Damn mod merger! It might be handy for native, but not for heavily modded source files. It prevents you from finding out wether the additions have been applied correctly or not. One day, I'll try to add PBOD by hand and without that mod merger.

manekemaan said:
Second: the comands above F3 dont work.
PBOD again. This time, I think CC is the problem. Perhaps the mini map somehow interferes with the new order panels. Didn't we have that problem in the past?

manekemaan said:
Third:
Script erron on opcode 1601  invalid party ID 644 line no 14
and
Script error on opcode 1652 invalid party ID 644 line no 22

these both are given next to the line:
at script error 625: combine parties of same template
CC: There was a missing script call in simple_trigger.

manekemaan said:
fourth: companions always drop the books i give them in the item pool.
I got rid of CC's autoloot in favor of Diplomacy's. I guess I have to restore CC's autoloot which is a bit better than that of Diplomacy.

seden said:
Ok, so no crash at all so far but :

• Bandits and looters don't regroup when close from each others and attacked.
  • patrols and band passing by don't attack them at all, having them just in front don't help.
  • The taxes from towns and villages don't come in.
I'm going to look into it.

If I used the source code to make new factions or kingdoms, do I have to edit the faction ID file for it to work properly, or would the module automatically assign IDs to new factions? Because when I deleted the ID files, it couldn't compile a new module.

Don't touch the header, process and ID files. That's something Python will take care of.
If you want to add new factions, you have to put them into module_factions. In case you want to give your new factions towns and troops you would also have to edit module_scripts and module_troops and possibly some other files.

I get following error message:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 922: Invalid overlay ID: 484; LINE NO: 166
At script: update_agent_hp_bar
At script: update_agent_hp_bar
This happens when i get into a battle and after that i dont see any messages in down left corner.

Is it possible to have the source files? I would love to increase party members (AI/Player/Garrisons).

ulb said:
Is it possible to have the source files? I would love to increase party members (AI/Player/Garrisons).
I never release a version without the source files. After all, my mod is intended as base for further modding efforts.
The download link is in one of the former posts, but if you can wait one or two days, you will be able to enjoy an updated version. I managed to fix the PBOD battle order panels and so far, there are no bugs. I still need to do test the vasalls and their recruitment habits though.
The mounted patrol troops seem to be working as intended, but with a leadership skill of 10, they only cost 9 denar per man. Do you think that it is a bit too cheap for level 17 troops?

Back
Top Bottom