The mod forum has a tutorial dealing with the module system and Caba'drin has written a tutorial about python.karasakii said:I'm fluent in java, not python, but I can give it a shot if I know where to start.
You mean "search corresponding bracket"? I know that function, but it doesn't help me to solve the problem.Lumos said:@Bismarck: Have you tried using Ctrl+B on brackets in N++?
Don't take that literally. It means that the bracket of problems is not the last one, but that there's a missing bracket somewhere above. Try checking brackets around the last pieces of code you modified. If all else fails, you might need to revert to older code.Bismarck said:The compiler is complaining about the last line with the last bracket of that file, but it is connected with the first bracket. So, the problem must be somewhere else.
Could you please tell me what it is? I don't seem to have noticed.Bismarck said:However, there is a new custom troop mod floating around and I need to check wether it is better or worse than the current system.
Yes, this mod is intended as a base for further modding efforts. However, updating to 1.153 is difficult because Diplomacy seems to be dead.Gambino said:this is pretty nice source code for using as a base, is there another bugfix release planned ?
Looks like fully customizable troops: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,226020.msg5418411.html#msg5418411Lumos said:Could you please tell me what it is? I don't seem to have noticed.
That's a good idea.manekemaan said:if the file is to big to compare, is it not possible to split it up? the lines should be the same.
ace_of_walls said:Here's how to fix the crashing log error: (thanks to DanAntares for figuring it out)
- Download the mod1.
- Extract the directory "NMC Full 1.0 source" somewhere. The desktop is what I recommend. This is your source directory.
- In the now-extracted directory, find the file "module_scripts.py"
- In module_scripts.py, find "("update_agent_hp_bar",". It should be on or around line 56875.
- For that line, and every line after it until you find a line that says "]),", add a "#" to the beginning of the line. You should be adding a "#" to lines 56875 through 57061.
- Save and close the file.
- Find and open the file module_info.py.
- Find the line that says "export_dir = "C:/Spiele/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0/""
- Change the path to somewhere that exists on your computer and that you can easily navigate to. I recommend creating a subfolder in the directory you copied the source files to and using that. This is your output directory.
- Save and close the file.
- Find and run the file "build_module.bat".2
- There will probably be some errors popping up talking about "update_agent_hp_bar". As far as I can tell, these may be safely ignored.
- Once the script is finished, navigate to the directory you put into module_info.py.
- Copy and paste all of the files in this directory to your Mount & Blade: Warband's Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0 directory.3 Allow all files to be overwritten.
- You may now delete the source and output directories.
- Enjoy your game log not crashing!
1: This would be a link, but I haven't been active on the forum long enough.
2: This requires you to have Python installed on your computer. If you do not, you will get an error like "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." You can install it from python's website, which I can't link to.
3: Steam users will find this at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native Mod Compilation - Full 1.0
?LCJr said:(Edit)NOTE: For Windows 7, you can find 2 fixes here, lower in the thread.
Quite odd.turcopole said:I added the path, but it didn't change anything.
Yay!Bismarck said:Waihti has returned and he bestowed upon us Diplomacy 4.3, apparently with a bank feature! As soon as Diplomacy 4.3 is uploaded to Nexus or the Repository, I can get back to work.
It's because you get an error that fills up the screen messages. I get it too. But I don't know how to fix it.DoctorPainkiller said:I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but whenever I am in a battle, sometimes the messages on the side off the screen just stop, and I have to re launch to get them back. Any reason why?