SP Native Native Crosbow info

Users who are viewing this thread

ThorofAsgard

Sergeant
Hello people of Mount and Blade
I have just came out with a mod I call Native Crosbow, which expands most factions slightly, (especially Rhodoks, they get double the troops) :grin:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New troops:
Rhodok Untrained Swordsman
Rhodok Swordsman
Rhodok Trained Swordsman
Rhodok Charger
Rhodok Heavy Charger
Khergit Swordsman
Khergit Samurai
Nord Horseman
Nord Forester
Nord Javalinman
Swadian Blade Master
Swadian Mounted Crossbowman
Mercenary Captain (Hero Unit)
Mercenary Skrimisher
Mercenary Militia
Mercenary Knight
Mercenary Footman
Hired Bow
Pistoleer
Sniper
Poleman
River Bandit
Mountain Tribesman
Mountain Spearman
Forest Axeman
Forest Archer
Merry Man (Hero Unit)
Steppe Pistoleer
Sea Raider Huscarl
Quintus (Hero Unit)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Items:
Anti Crossbow Armour
Nord Warhorse
Rhodok Hunter
Horsemans Crossbow
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bigger Parties
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Version coming out soon

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3462

(Thinking about making a warband version of this (diplomacy, after death cam, etc)
Edit: (1.1)
Hold on to your hats, and all Khergit fans get ready do weep, THE KHERGITS ARE GONE.
They are now replaced with a faction called the Trebizand Empire, the surviving members of the Calardian Empire. Historically they are based off of the Byzantine empire, and have access to two troop trees, the Trebizand and the Calardian.
Trebizands still use horse archers, and are considered the best of all of them. They also have pretty good foot archers and infantry, with two sets of cavalry. They use maces, spears, curved swords and bows.
The Calardian troop tree is completely balanced, the only thing they are missing is mounted archers, they have swordmen, spearmen, crossbowmen, archers and knights, all colour coded with arena gear once they get out of the skirmisher area.
Aside from the Trebizands most units have been balanced and some have been added. Nords receive Mounted Axemen, Langbeauskytters (longbow men) and Spyydmenn (Javelin men). The Swadians strike back with Archers and Longbow men, Vaegirs get Jarid throwers, Mounted Horse Archers and Shield men, mercenary horse archers are also now upgradable from mercenary horsemen.
New items include
Rhodok One Sided Bastard Sword
Nord Fjord Horse
Nord bastard Axe
Vaegir Bow
Sharp Edged Winged Mace

And the link is...? and also....Samurai why...? Also why are you adding Charger for Rhodok,  they didn't use cavalry. The new item list  Nord ware horse they didn't use em either. Don't ruin the native background.

TheSmithy said:
And the link is...? and also....Samurai why...? Also why are you adding Charger for Rhodok,  they didn't use cavalry. The new item list  Nord ware horse they didn't use em either. Don't ruin the native background.
Do you understand the concept of mods?

Now you have download link, As for the new troops, I simply balanced the troop tree, also, since the Rhodoks and Khergits usually fight, wouldn't it be natural for the Rhodoks to assimilate a bit of Khergit ideas, The Nords horses are bred in the Nord homeland, filled with fjords and snowy mountain trails, my version of history is as follows
Rayler Fletcher (Swadian solider, 1245)
"As a ship, carrying men from the north, who call themselves the Nords arrived at the shore, I heard a whinny of a horse, and two horses were led off of the ship, able move over ragged terrain very easily, though very heavily built, they appear to be quite agile. This is the first time I have heard of these barbarians using horses"
TheSmithy said:
As for you Smithy, the whole entire purpose of mods is to change the game, I find it fun to go as a mounted crossbowmen. The Nord War Horses would not be able to be shipped over in large quantities (its never a good idea to put horses on ships) so that explains their absence from native version.
Link:http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3438

Well, good to see someone makes a mod for vanilla.
ThorofAsgard said:
Pistoleer
Ah. What for? There aren't pistols around in that time, are there?

THE KHERGITS ARE GONE.
Dis is good news.

BTW, I believe with "balanced the troop tree", you mean "making the Rhodoks stronger" :mrgreen:

SomebodyFromYourPast said:
Hello, Thor. Do you have an email address?
You can PM any user (sending an email to him/her) using one of the buttons below his/her avatar.

Captured Joe said:
Well, good to see someone makes a mod for vanilla.
ThorofAsgard said:
Pistoleer
Ah. What for? There aren't pistols around in that time, are there?

THE KHERGITS ARE GONE.
Dis is good news.

BTW, I believe with "balanced the troop tree", you mean "making the Rhodoks stronger" :mrgreen:

SomebodyFromYourPast said:
Hello, Thor. Do you have an email address?
You can PM any user (sending an email to him/her) using one of the buttons below his/her avatar.

I made the other factions stronger as well, but I mainly focused on the Rhodoks, but still the Swadians have heavier armoured mounted crossbowmen compared to the Rhodoks. Also the Swadians get bowmen and longbow-men, able to shoot more arrows at the Rhodoks then before.

Back
Top Bottom