Native OSP Animations Native compatible animations for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Psiphoon

Sergeant
This is a small collection of animaiton mods I've been making and using recently. It includes some of my own work as well as some very nice motion capture which was lying around unused in the game files (probably remnants of features not yet/never to be implemented). Fully compatible with native and multiplayer as far as I know.

Here is a list of things I've done:
"parry_attack" animations have been put in as normal attacks
"parry" animations for 1hander have been re-implemented (not sure why they were commented out, they look really good)
Implemented a couple of new death animations
Made death animations go ragdoll much later so we get a chance to watch the motion capture and people don't lie in awkward posiitons
Dressed up the crouch animation as a shield block and put in a shield block of my own
Made a couple of new stand animations
Replaced the crossbow reload animation with my rack and pinion animation

Earendil: Old megaupload link expired, rediscovered the mbrepository file:

This is a small collection of animaiton mods I've been making and using recently. It includes some of my own work as well as some very nice motion capture which was lying around unused in the game files (probably remnants of features not yet/never to be implemented). Fully compatible with native and multiplayer as far as I know.

Here is a list of things I've done:
"parry_attack" animations have been put in as normal attacks
"parry" animations for 1hander have been re-implemented (not sure why they were commented out, they look really good)
Implemented a couple of new death animations
Made death animations go ragdoll much later so we get a chance to watch the motion capture and people don't lie in awkward posiitons
Dressed up the crouch animation as a shield block and put in a shield block of my own
Made a couple of new stand animations
Replaced the crossbow reload animation with my rack and pinion animation

Katana animations
Earendil: Added this file by Psiphoon to this place too, seemed to be the best fitting one:

All new katana animations are working and ready to use. I got rid of overswing version 2 because I didn't like it, and the variation could be confusing. Slashright could do with touching up but on the whole the set is pretty much complete, anything I do after this point should probably count as icing and modifying (which I will certainly be doing at some point). I've also included some simple 2 handed parrys and a falling animation I was experimenting with which you might want to use.

You'll find the settings and resource names I used for all of these in module_animations included with the file, but you will probably want to copy over individual entries rather than use my module_animations because there may be a couple of failed experiments hiding in it :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to use this for my own mod? We need better samurai like animations...and I think anything is better than what we currently got... :cool:

You're free to use anything you want, although I didn't change any of the twohanded animations... take a look at ani_twohanded.brf in commonres, there's ony one animation in there but it looks very samurai-like (it might need a bit of modification as if you used it now the sword would go whizzing over your opponen't head). Kengeki is okay in that department as well I think. If that's still not enough, I don't mind having a crack at some samurai animations; I could do with a bit of a break from my own project -the current phase is becoming a bit of a chore, having to adapt every animation to my new skeleton.

Excelent.

Psiphoon said:
were they ever?

Yes. They had their own unique animations in the module file, but were clearly hardcoded to use the 2 handed ones. The only way I managed to change them was by changing the 2 handed ones.

If that's still not enough, I don't mind having a crack at some samurai animations; I could do with a bit of a break from my own project -the current phase is becoming a bit of a chore, having to adapt every animation to my new skeleton.
That would be appreciated, if you think you can do it pm me and we will talk it over :wink:

Hi Psiphoon

Question from a complete noob here, but I'd be grateful for an answer!

Just installed your mod as a stand-alone in Warband just to try the animations - which I'm really, really impressed with. Thanks for all your time and effort for this. Question though: is it possible to import these new animations into the vanilla Native mod without disrupting my stage in play (things are going quite well and I don't want to screw things up!).

I'd really appreciate any feedback as I would love to get these animations going.

Cheers

I have rediscovered the download files for this animation pack at the old MB Repository and updated the download link, also with a quote of the MB Repository text. Samewise I added the animation files for Katana animations by the same author, seemed to be the best fitting place for them.

Back
Top Bottom