SP Musket Era Modern Native American Mod (recruiting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Z1nk666

Recruit
Native Mod
Hello I am currently recruiting for a mod that will be focused around the plains tribes around the years 1800-1876  To be released on version 1.011 or higher (if needed).  I'm a little sketchy on coding and game models are a mystery. I am however willing to learn and pretty good at bug finding. Open to suggestions.

The main factions include:
USA
Lakota
Arapaho
Cheyenne
Ojibwe
Crow
BlackFoot

"Kings":
USA: George Armstrong Custer
Lakota: Red Cloud
Arapaho: Scabby Bull
Cheyenne:grin:ull Knife
Ojibwe:Buffalo
Crow:
BlackFoot:

"Lords":
USA:William J. Fetterman, Henry B. Carrington, Philip St. George Cooke
Lakota: Sitting Bull, Young Man Afraid Of His Horses,
Arapaho:
Cheyenne:Black Kettle
Ojibwe:
Crow:
BlackFoot:

Equipment
USA: Strong cavalry and many guns but no bows. Heavy artillery (howitzers)
Lakota: Medium guns, fast horses, light infantry with bows or guns
Arapaho:
Cheyenne:
Ojibwe:Heavy guns and strong leather/hide armor
Crow:
BlackFoot:

Also/Still Needed:
Map revamp
Guns
Military Uniforms
Native Clothes
Howitzers
Hide Armor
Headgear

I'm wondering whether anyone is interested in the production/idea of this mod.  If so there is enough resources to make this mod fairly easily.  If I can not find permission for models from other mods models needed include: Guns, Natives(maybe),Military Uniforms, Howitzers or other similar artillery, Axes (maybe), Fur Armor (maybe), and Hide Armor

Members:

Modelers:
Needed
Programers:
Needed
Testers:
Needed

If you are interested, like the idea or can help in any way please reply.

What specific time period is it? In the early 1800's, America was in the middle of the War of 1812- later, weren't they involved in skirmishes with Spain in Cuba? I'm guessing its when they're at peace though.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Wow that's a quick response.  Well the mod is primarily focusing on Red Cloud's War (Arapaho,Lakota,Cheyenne) and a period of minor fighting between the Ojibwe and the USA.

This actually could be interesting..... Native Americans chose to side with the Federation and some with the Confederates for both reasons: defending their land.... there were Natives who did not trust either also, knowing "the white man" would just eventually screw them in time when given the opportunity (they happened to be right). It was a war no one could avoid and only 1 could benifit, the American Federation. But I wouldnt say this is more "native american" but rather the american civil war since all residents in what's modern USA participated.

harrison001 said:
I'm Intrested in testing it if you want....
Woot... great idea BTW
Thanks sounds good except first off we need an actual game to test.  Im gonna start messin with some stuff today but thats still a long way from anything playable. Ill keep you in mind though.

Kongol Khan said:
This actually could be interesting..... Native Americans chose to side with the Federation and some with the Confederates for both reasons: defending their land.... there were Natives who did not trust either also, knowing "the white man" would just eventually screw them in time when given the opportunity (they happened to be right). It was a war no one could avoid and only 1 could benifit, the American Federation. But I wouldnt say this is more "native american" but rather the american civil war since all residents in what's modern USA participated.
Well the mod is supposed to centered around Red Cloud's war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cloud%27s_War and the great Suix war with the ojibwe added in for good measure.

Kongol Khan said:
What about Navajo? I dont know much of their history though, just know they were very common.
They were very common but dont fit with the whole Red Clouds war thing maybe they could be added...

Thanks everyone for your support.

I've always wanted a native American mod with charging painted, feathered warriors, but this mod is really just rehashing part of what the 1866 team is already doing.  It's even set in the same time frame, roughly.  Red Cloud's War happened in 1867. The only difference is they are covering the southern plains tribes plus Mexico, and you have the northern tribes.

Why not make this native American mod set in the 1830s, the time of the mountain men?  Only singleshot black powder firearms, (except for double barreled firearms) very few whitemen, no white military presence and more emphasis on war between tribes.

Or you could set it in the mid-late 1700s before whites made it onto the northern plains.  The northern tribes already had horses, acquired from the southern tribes by trade and raiding and they had very very few guns, which were acquired by trade and raiding from eastern tribes.  Virtually nobody on the northern plains had ever seen a whiteman until the Lewis & Clark expedition of 1803-1806.  This whiteman-free, yet horse-riding time was actually the peak of the mounted warrior culture of the plains Indians.

You might also want to add Blackfoot and Crow tribes.  Very important northern tribes. 

Will this mod only take place in the 2 years of the Red Cloud War, or will it take place over a much larger time period? If it is in the 1860's (those 10 years) then the major event would have been the American Civil War, as such, you would have a USA and CSA faction. However, the war was over by 1865, so the mod's timeframe could begin in 1866. However there is already a mod for this:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30110.0.html

If this mod starts in the 1840's, you will have a lot more options.  Factions would be:
Republic of Texas
USA
Mexico
Apache
Navajo
Comanche
(Other indian tribes)

The main focus of this mod however, would be the tension between Texas, USA, and Mexico. The Indian Tribes were mainly nuisances. Again, this time frame of the 1800's will be covered in the 1866 mod.

Now these are all good ideas, but someone has to make them, and coming onto these forums telling people that you have all of these great ideas, but no way of making them, and as such, are looking for a team, is no way to go about making a mod. I would suggest learning the python module system, and moddling in Wings 3D, before trying to take on such a large scale project as this.  Coincidentally, a friend an I were just about to start on an Indian Mod are selves, though it is based in a very different time period, and I won't be saying anything about it for a very long time. Anyway, get some experience with modding in general before trying to do something like this.

Elenmmare said:
What specific time period is it? In the early 1800's, America was in the middle of the War of 1812- later, weren't they involved in skirmishes with Spain in Cuba? I'm guessing its when they're at peace though.

If you're asking if the U.S. was involved in skirmishes in Cuba with Spain (the Spanish American War), then you would be referencing the late 19th century (1898-1899).  If you're talking about the war with Mexico and the Alamo, then you're talking about the time period around the 1840s.  America wasn't fighting the Indians near the War of 1812, unless you consider Jackson's invasion of Spain (which he justified as a pursuit of raiding Seminoles) as fighting with the Indians.  America really began their conquests against the Indian tribes towards the middle of the century.

Thor Head said:
I've always wanted a native American mod with charging painted, feathered warriors, but this mod is really just rehashing part of what the 1866 team is already doing.  It's even set in the same time frame, roughly.  Red Cloud's War happened in 1867. The only difference is they are covering the southern plains tribes plus Mexico, and you have the northern tribes.

Why not make this native American mod set in the 1830s, the time of the mountain men?  Only singleshot black powder firearms, (except for double barreled firearms) very few whitemen, no white military presence and more emphasis on war between tribes.

Or you could set it in the mid-late 1700s before whites made it onto the northern plains.  The northern tribes already had horses, acquired from the southern tribes by trade and raiding and they had very very few guns, which were acquired by trade and raiding from eastern tribes.  Virtually nobody on the northern plains had ever seen a whiteman until the Lewis & Clark expedition of 1803-1806.  This whiteman-free, yet horse-riding time was actually the peak of the mounted warrior culture of the plains Indians.

You might also want to add Blackfoot and Crow tribes.  Very important northern tribes. 

i have to agree, a more unique setting would be earlier.

you want to avoid the civil war years cause thats a complex setting needing its own mod.

i think1830s-1850's is perfect, there are enough whites to make a faction, but not enough that they are the overwhelming force.

you could have groups of mountain men, the player could even play as one.

there is a good variation of weapons available, bows and arrows for most indians, with some of their high tier troops using guns, and white men would be using mostly flintlocks, the lower tiers with smooth bore, upper tier with rifles, and some of the very top would even have percussion weapons.

it would make for a very interesting fun mod.

no need for artillary, the size of battles in M&B would actually be realistic to the setting, and you definitely gotta add in hunting, allowing you to gather furs, the fur trade played a huge role in commerce, conflict and culture on the frontier in those years.

Chaunsey said:
Thor Head said:

i have to agree, a more unique setting would be earlier.

you want to avoid the civil war years cause thats a complex setting needing its own mod.

i think1830s-1850's is perfect, there are enough whites to make a faction, but not enough that they are the overwhelming force.

you could have groups of mountain men, the player could even play as one.

there is a good variation of weapons available, bows and arrows for most indians, with some of their high tier troops using guns, and white men would be using mostly flintlocks, the lower tiers with smooth bore, upper tier with rifles, and some of the very top would even have percussion weapons.

it would make for a very interesting fun mod.

no need for artillary, the size of battles in M&B would actually be realistic to the setting, and you definitely gotta add in hunting, allowing you to gather furs, the fur trade played a huge role in commerce, conflict and culture on the frontier in those years.

Thats true ive looked into the 1866 mod and it is very similar and ive been thinking that since the 1866 mod focuses more on the southern western natives then if I move the focus of this mod to eastern northern so that the confederates, and a couple of other native tribes will be added.  OR I could move it to an earlier time period and make gun troops less popular and put a bigger emphasize on the natives.  Im not sure ill see what the feedback is.

Deyshawn said:
Will this mod only take place in the 2 years of the Red Cloud War, or will it take place over a much larger time period? If it is in the 1860's (those 10 years) then the major event would have been the American Civil War, as such, you would have a USA and CSA faction. However, the war was over by 1865, so the mod's timeframe could begin in 1866. However there is already a mod for this:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30110.0.html

If this mod starts in the 1840's, you will have a lot more options.  Factions would be:
Republic of Texas
USA
Mexico
Apache
Navajo
Comanche
(Other indian tribes)

The main focus of this mod however, would be the tension between Texas, USA, and Mexico. The Indian Tribes were mainly nuisances. Again, this time frame of the 1800's will be covered in the 1866 mod.

Now these are all good ideas, but someone has to make them, and coming onto these forums telling people that you have all of these great ideas, but no way of making them, and as such, are looking for a team, is no way to go about making a mod. I would suggest learning the python module system, and moddling in Wings 3D, before trying to take on such a large scale project as this.  Coincidentally, a friend an I were just about to start on an Indian Mod are selves, though it is based in a very different time period, and I won't be saying anything about it for a very long time. Anyway, get some experience with modding in general before trying to do something like this.

Well im thinking of adding confederates and adding more emphasis on eastern tribes making the white man more of a force.  I was also thinking of making the natives a faction, settlers a faction and the US army a faction while the lords will be the leaders of tribes or companies of soldiers ect.  But im still not sure if I should go with a newer time period or the current one.  Oh and that thing about not being experienced I have enough experience to do all the tutorials with ease.

Well im gonna wait for some feedback before changing anything. thanks for pointing out the 1866 mod.

It will be very nice a native american mod, its a great idea...

*the Lakota-Cheyenne-Arapaho tribes were peaceful tribes with eachother(in Little Big Horn, there was not just Sioux indians fighting against the army, groups of the Arapaho and the Cheyenne joined the fight on the Sioux side), maybe it will bether add Pawnees and Crows as factions, because they were enemies of the other tribes and the white man(But some of the warriors of the 2 tribes accepted join the USA army as scouts helping them exterminate their blood enemies, the Lakota).

btw: I suck at moddeling if you need some research help, i can be usefull

sorry my bad english :wink:

Well I have made a decision (not permanent of course.) and im pretty sure that since the mod is foucused around the northern states a setting between 1830-1870 will be fine.  There will not be any confederates nor southern tribes.  The blackfoot and crow tribes will be added for sure.  oh and brazilian i need to know some arapaho and cheyenne leaders and if they had any specific weapons sue to trade or suchlike.

Leaders:

Arapaho:                                Cheyenne:
Black Coal                                Big Horse
Yellow Bear                            White Antelope
Little Raven                            Old Wolf
Black Bear                              Little Wolf

*about the specific weapons i dont know nothing and i dindt find nothing too  :???:, the only thing i know
is that mostly of the indias used tomahawks as a secondary weapon

Back
Top Bottom