NationStates

Users who are viewing this thread

Surprised I didn't find a thread already. It's a free political sim MMO you play in your browser. Just made my nation, The Armed Republic of The Grand Resurgent Confederacy.

Currency is the Cotton-Dollar, flag is Serbian, the national animal is the raccoon, and the motto is "From Tyrants By Arms Secured."

Nation Summary page said:
The Armed Republic of The Grand Resurgent Confederacy is a fledgling, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5 million The Grand Resurgent Confederacyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 8.7%.

The strong The Grand Resurgent Confederacyian economy, worth 281 billion Cotton-Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 56,214 Cotton-Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.

Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, voting is voluntary, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is moderate. The Grand Resurgent Confederacy's national animal is the Raccoon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.

The Grand Resurgent Confederacy is ranked 26,593rd in the world and 1,368th in the South Pacific for Highest Unexpected Death Rate, scoring 116.51 on the Bus Surprisal Index.

National Happenings

I think I may have ****ed up a few initial choices, which puts me in a nearly unrecoverable bad state. I may soldier on, but I may create a new one. If anyone wants to try and learn this together, I'd probably be in.

The BLOC guy has been sending out emails lately again, I finally got tired of them so I blacklisted them.
Anyway, dunno how it is these days, but when it was still going at the start before the major implosion, BLOC was utterly superior to Nationstates.

When I was playing this, I came to a point when more than 50% of deaths in my country were ritual sacrifices. I felt very proud of my Cthulhu-themed nation

Haven't played this in years, going to give it another bash.

EDIT:

The Grand Duchy Of Wiggenheim.

wiggenheim__63040.jpg

"Majestic As The Lops Ears!"
"The Grand Duchy of Wiggenheim is a fledgling, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The quiet, industrious population of 5 million Wiggenheimers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The Wiggenheimian economy, worth 182 billion Wiggmarks a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,412 Wiggmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.

Voting is voluntary, Wiggenheim's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wiggenheim's national animal is the Dwarf Lop."

So there's no option in this to make your own closed region and play with a friend group?

Is there any such online game in which you can just make a private 'region' and play simulation with your friends?

No, not really? That's why passwords exist. Plus as long as the WA delegate has no powers that can't happen. Not everything you read people complaining about on NS' forum will actually affect you.

Back
Top Bottom