Nations declare war randomly no matter strategy, relationship and situation

Users who are viewing this thread

I need your help to know if the following is caused by the Native AI or the Diplomacy mod AI, or if a Diplomacy setting could help...

SITUATION : Since I use the manual save game (not auto-save), I can tell that nations randomly declare war : I can quit and reload the game to avoid it. For example, I keep the Sarr. Sultanate at 50+ Friendship, their Sultan at 25 relation, I always help them (attack their enemies), I do not own nor attack any of the default holdings, etc. Yet, the Sultan randomly declares war once in a while against me (I just quit and reload game to avoid it, as he randomly won't do it again). Plus he always refuses my offers for a Non-Aggression Treaty.

QUESTION 1 : is their a Diplomacy mod setting that can make nations less chaotic ?

QUESTION 2 : is their a Mount & Blade version that makes nations less chaotic, like With Fire & Sword, etc.

AND/OR is there a factor I overlooked (like Sultan is chaotic evil, Sultan hates Ymira [my main diplomat] ...) or is there a trick to make him accept a Non-Aggression Treaty?

Thank you

As for question 1 and 2: No clue, but with Native Expansion i have the same thing. After reloading a game a war/peace can be randomly declared between 2 nations, so i think its just a game mechanic.

As for your diplomat factor: The trick would be a high persuasion skill. I don't know what her level in that is, but the higher the more likely they would accept. I would also improve the relation even further, but i believe the main feat is persuasion skill of your diplomat.

My most recent theory on this general problem : that nation that I am befriending is probably too powerful in comparison to my fledgling nation, so it is more interested in conquest than alliance.

Based on some threads, I believe the strength of your nation (i.e. number of cities and number of lords) can weigh a lot in the treaty calculation. Otherwise, without a treaty, M&B:Warband does rather random decisions for war.

EDIT : cancel that theory. I just concluded a Non-Aggression Treaty with a much more powerful nation with a moderate level of faction friendship and king friendship. The Sultan is somehow a poor choice for an ally...

This is a major dealbreaker for me, im at day 500 and at war with every existing faction left after having my own kingdom for the last 200 days. With Vaegirs and Swadians finally wiped out even Nords declared war on me-prior 100 relation and like 50 reputation with king Ragnar. I had a save last year in which i had none of these problems, i just want peace so i can relax and get some good weapons/armor and do whatever the **** i want. Is there ANY way to fix this? i dont want to quit my save but in the mean time i cba to be at war 24/7 until i wipe everbody out....

I too would love a less random politics system. Right now, strategy ends at "which town to attack/defend", anything above that is completely random, without any crucial factor (like, at the very least, the current military situation) taken into account (despite the declaration reasons listed).

Back
Top Bottom