Nations Cup or Fantasy League?

Tournament Type

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

V1ncent

Sergeant Knight
After looking at the poll Shovenio so kindly made and having talks with lots of members of the community and internally with all the people involved in the preparation I would like to make another poll to determine what the next tournament should look like.

What I can already promise is a nice tournament with the support from our partners from Carnage Gaming :smile:

Feel free to leave any other advice or tournament related suggestions you have here!

Poll itself was a huge ouch as half of the options were regarding the format and the other half was about the type of tournament.

Either way NC will push away more people from warband than anything else. Never been a huge fan of fantasy league either.

No idea why people consider clan tournaments boring when theres only like 3 actual clans that sign up nowadays, rest are merc teams formed for the tourney.

Also can't help but call out the part of the community that hosts their own closed off tournament but then comes here to vote.
Beyond shameless.

Why not just do another vote with a normal clan tournament as a third option, as for me and maybe some others both of the formats available in this vote are boring and you'd get to see if people really want something different or not, as at the moment the only choice you are giving people is something different to what we normally play, also you should start to consider if its going to be 8v8 or 6v6 as for a NC 8v8 may be better as the teams will be more organised but FL you always end up with people having to step into the leading roll so you have enought teams. So, 6v6 may be better as you can lean on a players solo skill more so the leading won't matter as much. Furthermore, with it being 6v6 there should end up being more teams, so hopefully the better players of the scene get split into more teams creating a more balanced tournament.

Because the main discussion was how clan tourneys became stale
And how valid of a reason is that to ignore the majority of votes? If a singular person or a small group of people want something to change from A to B, but the majority of people want A to change to C, then why would you conclude that A should change to B?
It's senseless to include the community in a poll if you're not gonna make a decision based on the majority of votes.

And how valid of a reason is that to ignore the majority of votes? If a singular person or a small group of people want something to change from A to B, but the majority of people want A to change to C, then why would you conclude that A should change to B?
It's senseless to include the community in a poll if you're not gonna make a decision based on the majority of votes.

You speak as though there isn’t gonna be another clan tournament. It’s not an either/or in an indefinite sense, just a matter of when and in which order these tournaments will happen. We have had regular clan tournaments only for over a year, I don’t see why you should imagine that it’s unreasonable for there to be a short NC or Fantasy League mixed in before going back to the same clan tournies?

It’s not about changing A to B, it’s about making some room for B before going back to A.

You speak as though there isn’t gonna be another clan tournament. It’s not an either/or in an indefinite sense, just a matter of when and in which order these tournaments will happen. We have had regular clan tournaments only for over a year, I don’t see why you should imagine that it’s unreasonable for there to be a short NC or Fantasy League mixed in before going back to the same clan tournies?

It’s not about changing A to B, it’s about making some room for B before going back to A.
I am just reflecting on the poll that was made. In this poll people were presented with a series of options of which sort of format they would prefer to see in the next tournament. The 2nd majority of people want to have a WNL 8v8/6v6 tournament. Although your arguments make sense, that's just not how a vast number of people see it. In the end of the day It's just a matter of opinion, and all I'm saying is that when a majority of people vote for something, you should go with the majority. In this case, Puff makes a sound argument by telling vincent to just add the option of a clan tournament to have a good reflection of what the community wants. Although these polls are sorta becoming repetitive now.

On another note, what you're describing here is literally what I've said on the other thread. Do a short FL for a few weeks and then proceed to have a clan tourny/ or w.e. the community wants, afterwards. I share the same opinion. I never said it's unreasonable for there to be a short FL or w.e. first, It's literally what I want. But it doesn't mean it holds more value than the 27 other people who just prefer to have a clan tourny straight away. Because in the end of the day It's better to be consistent, because if you choose the preferences of a few people over the many, the tournament is gonna fail anyways due to a lack of motivation.

The same logic applies to the current poll. Right now there are 8 votes for NC and 15 votes for a FL. It would be retarded to choose to hold a NC as the next tournament based on these results.

Last edited:
Don't worry. Towards the end of this month there is most likely going to be a weekend cup or one week cup kind of thing that clans can compete in, im also a big friend of clan tournaments but we've had 3 of those in a row, I think it's time to change things up a little, so the next bigger tournament we will be hosting is not going to be a clan tournament. Clan tournaments, while enjoyable, have their own sets of problems and since a huge number of people were advocating for a non-clan tournament anyway that's what we will be doing.

In both cases we are talking about 8v8 most likely

Last edited:
Well if it's 8v8 NC is not viable. I dislike fantasy leagues but imo it's the only nonclan tourney that can happen in 8v8. Let's just hope people are mature enough to stay in their team even if they aren't with their friends or start losing.

I would like to thank you Vincent for your nice comment about my post. Much appreciated. I would also like to say from a few views of the community from what I have read. Firstly it seems that most of the community is against a Nations cup, which I can see why having being that most of the community would not be able to participate and we can all agree the community is not as big as what it was back when we could field a nations cup team in many countrys. I believe a fantasy league is perfect at this stage. It is a fresh tournament which hasn't been in Native for a fair bit of time and it will also give some of the players from other mods that are wanting to get into the game which we have seen in the previous tournament, get to mix with the more Native known players and get seen and noticed. It is also a fun tournament personally from when I have played in it. My vote goes towards a Fantasy league and I will be more than happy to stream either of whichever tournament is picked (NFL it seems so far). I think also to keep in tradition of NFL to keep it to a 8 vs 8 imo is the best idea but a 6 vs 6 would be pretty interesting and possibly more teams could be made.

hey guys do u know that any1 can host whatever he wants instead of making useless polls?
The polls are used so the community can come together and choose as one what tournament they would like to play, instead of making a random one where most might not enjoy or even participate in. Be more respectful that Vincent is doing this and will be hosting tournaments because if he didn't we wouldn't have any at all.

Back
Top Bottom