Nations Cup on Bannerlord - discussion

Should there be NC on Bannerlord?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, basically just wanted to gather community thoughts on whether the NC should be continued to host on Bannerlord or no. I am aware that there was an attempt of hosting similar tournament and it was a failure, but it wasn't exactly NC was it?

If this time people will be able to form teams properly, and defaulting won't be beneficial on matches that u are certain you will lose then sure.

Hi, basically just wanted to gather community thoughts on whether the NC should be continued to host on Bannerlord or no. I am aware that there was an attempt of hosting similar tournament and it was a failure, but it wasn't exactly NC was it?
The biggest problem was the clan system beeing unflexibel, it has gotten a bit better because of the officer feature but still its a bit of a pain to get everything organized without custom servers. The tournament was pretty much NC, just called European but still having Turkey and Russia in it.

Generally i like the idea, but no RR Division System please, just Groups and Knockouts would fit better.

also quick update on most important things when it comes down to NC:

Alliances: probs would've been allowed to a reasonable extent even though admins of previous NC's on Warband didn't want to allow alliances on Bannerlord cuz they thought the population would've been bigger and there wouldn't be need in alliances, but well rip, current amount of players is probably less than that we have in Warband right now.

Tournament format: probs would've been double elimination or groups with knockouts, definitely a big no to 9 weeks of ladder hell that happened in previous attempt of hosting NC on Bannerlord.

As long as BEAST is hosted at the same time as NC it's a nighmare to arrange matches and also most members from your team will put their main clans and BEAST above it.So I quit the tournament mid-way after 3 teams told me they got BEAST or something else for the weekends and friday.

I think the lessons learnt in Warband were that it needs to be held between clan tournaments, that it should be kept short as by its nature it excludes large amounts of players and that nobody will ever be happy with alliances if they do well.

I'd suggest not bothering with it yet.

Bannerlord is much more dependent on ping as well so certain nations along the outside edge of Europe and not in Europe at all would be at a catastrophic competitive disadvantage.

I beleive community is ready, but game is at least a year away from these type of events. Clan system being unflexible requires every important event to consider main tournements (currently beast) schedule. Since NC would trigger at least some national pride in everyone involved this is very problematic with the current state of the non-mm games. Skirmish games taking 2 times longer than what battle in warband used to take makes training with 2 different teams very time-intensive. (actually 3 times longer if the game is in a crash-prone state) And all players except DM/Poland will be training with 2 different teams. Unless BEAST is delayed for the NC ppl will give defaults bc half the teams will not be able to even be competitive with the other half no matter how hard they train so players will focus on BEAST.

Last NC was a sloppy **** festival just bc someone made a thread, bg no re.

seriously if anybody is gonna try and hold a NC in the future: u need to consider u r at least dragging 50-60 ppl to participate in it, and all their non-participateing teammates, ur **** has to be in precise order or else u r inducing a toxic mind strain on the whole competitive community

PS: Also; no dedicated server files = no variation of NC servers in different regions/countrys , which was very critical in warband NC's for healthy games.

Back
Top Bottom