[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fietta said:
I just don't understand, you have teams like Ireland who never needed to form but did to represent their Nation and have Mercs and PW players and are doing just fine. I'm sure Belgium and Netherlands can do the same.

Ireland had Knez (IG), Kiano (IG), Potato (FTW..etc), Macco (LGN), Sean (Enmity), Walter (IG) and a few other more-casual native players. It was a team that had lots of native experience and they didn't even do that well to be honest. Afaik, NC'17 was not the first time they played together as well

Fietta said:
They started with nothing and aren't a winning team? They may have native players but the team still aint good and they still participate????

They don't need to be good but they better be. NC is unlike any other tournaments, might mean something else for every country but general motto has always been "best plays" and BeNe is among the strongest. So, I am trying to justify why they may not want to join NC with a bad roster. It is not our place to judge, Fietta. Let them do whatever they want with their country - stop trying to find players for them or calling them outright liars.

At this point, fewer countries with great teamss is better than lots of rookie NC teams.

BeNe aint a COUNTRY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

If you're trying to form the best players for their nation it should be Belgium and Netherlands as separate teams? Should Ireland make an alliance with france because normans invaded them in 1169 so they can form a strong team?

Fietta said:

If you're trying to form the best players for their nation it should be Belgium and Netherlands as separate teams? Should Ireland make an alliance with Denmark because normans invaded them in 1169 so they can form a strong team?

If NL team ever forms, roster will be composed of previous BeNe players - which will be less glorious as it will be like a new team + they will require more players (amateur players). No, they should not form alliances over irrelevant historical events lol. That is not relevant to what we are talking about rn anyway

Fietta said:

If you're trying to form the best players for their nation it should be Belgium and Netherlands as separate teams? Should Ireland make an alliance with france because normans invaded them in 1169 so they can form a strong team?
You don't seem to understand that it's Belgium who can't field a team 100%. NL could probably field a team with inexeperienced, unreliable NW guys, but Belgium still wouldn't be able to.

Mercenaries module has many maps which are taken from Native and used during CWs. Few examples on top of my head being San'di'boush, Verloren or Ruins. That's already two maps which are pretty much always played in important native tournaments. Both scenes have a lot of similarities despite some undeniable differences. For that reason, it is way easier for an active and experienced Mercenaries player to try himself to the competitive side of Native - and perform rather decently, compared to an NW or even PW player.

That doesn't take anything away from the points mentioned above however it becomes rather frequent for many people to throw so-called knowledge and facts to get their point across. In many situations, your point makes sense on his own so that you don't need to add stuff which you possess limited information about.

You can continue your no-sense posting, sorry for interrupting.

I personally would rather bene than seperate teams involve in nc for warband. But if admins can make national player pools for every nation, I believe it would help us to progress. How can we make those pools? Like free agents threads. Let people join the pool than we can see who wants to play for a certain nation and how experienced he or she is. Also post some informative threads about nations cup on other modules forums to encourage people to join. It won't help to Netherlands or Belgium to form a strong team like bene but still it would help other nations to step up maybe. Also it would make things easier and transparent.

PhantomMaB said:
Fietta said:

You don't seem to understand that it's Belgium who can't field a team 100%. NL could probably field a team with inexeperienced, unreliable NW guys, but Belgium still wouldn't be able to.

Maybe it's Belgium that should apply for an alliance then, and not NL

Tallie said:
Fietta said:
If everyone can 'basically play' then just play with the team from your Nation hello? You've literally just said 'If NL cannot gather enough players' but they can though?
We can't.
PhantomMaB said:
Fietta said:

so which one is true, NL can or cannot make a team? just stop this liefest already, if you cbf to look for players from your country then just don't sign up, NC is not for you.

Belgium's spread between people who speak Dutch and people who speak French. The Dutch speaking ones obviously should be able to join up with The Netherlands, much like how Luxembourg can join up with France. It's ridiculous to point us in the direction of people who show no interest in competitive warband, when your country could literally field two teams of people who are competitively active.

Also, I don't think Tallie speaks for any of us. He literally begged Kani to DDoS someone in our team last year.

eRRoR13 said:
Ignore my comment, Kane is the captain. There I was trying to get a 10 paged essay from Fietta on how we can actually create a team.

Surkan said:
Also, I don't think Tallie speaks for any of us. He literally begged encouraged Kani to DDoS someone me.
Fixed it up a bit for you. But this is already sorted, no need to bring up old things :smile:.

Aside from the Dutch dramas OGL said 16 teams are confirmed and maybe a couple extra. Will you be rising the number of teams in the knockout stage to 8 to account for pick night irregularities?

Also about pick night are you going to have rules about which nations you can pick to stop for example UK1 picking UK2 and throwing so both teams go through?

H E R O O F T H E I M P E R I U M said:
Shemaforash said:
If that is the case then the Swedish speaking part of Finland should be able to play for Sweden?
I mean, technically pretty much every Finn knows the basics of the language... merge when?

I would say that doesn't really reflect the current state in Finland :lol: but it'd basically be the same as BeNe tbh

Tallie said:
eRRoR13 said:
Ignore my comment, Kane is the captain. There I was trying to get a 10 paged essay from Fietta on how we can actually create a team.

Surkan said:
Also, I don't think Tallie speaks for any of us. He literally begged encouraged Kani to DDoS someone me.
Fixed it up a bit for you. But this is already sorted, no need to bring up old things :smile:.
So GEO_Torosani is sorted too?? Come to think of it, I wonder why you're allowed to play.

Shemaforash said:
If that is the case then the Swedish speaking part of Finland should be able to play for Sweden?
I mean, technically pretty much every Finn knows the basics of the language... merge when?

Everyone speaks english, lets merge brits

Efe Karacar said:
Shemaforash said:

Everyone speaks english, lets merge brits
Everyone here can merge together to create Team Earth to fight Aliens in the Galactic Native League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom