[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razer' said:
Definitely not taking part if the format stays the same as now.
Most of my German mates told me they won't play either. Looks like this NC will best every other NC before :iamamoron:

What format do you want instead? We are open to discussing suggestions, hence why the signup period is so long.

Gibby Jr said:
What format do you want instead? We are open to discussing suggestions, hence why the signup period is so long.
- Multiple groups, like it always been.
- Allow alliances if they can provide proof of not being able to get their own teams.
- Remove the addition of allowing multiple teams from the same country.

Just some suggestions on how to improve (IMO) the tourney.

BANNER:
latest
NATION: USSR & Eastern Bloc (east germany and poland free to join)
CAPTAIN: Georgi Zhukov - TALEWORLDS PROFILE - STEAM
CO-CAPTAIN:  - TALEWORLDS PROFILE - STEAM
ROSTER: TBA

Tallie said:
Gibby Jr said:
- Allow alliances if they can provide proof of not being able to get their own teams.

This. If you want this to be a comp. tourney we can't allow multiple teams from one country.
3 UK teams, for example, is just gash... Just play together like, keep it as it always was.
No need to destroy the tradition of it, if it worked out well before (except the one from Robin).

If the UK can make 3 teams, why not? Is it not adding more to the tournament than 1 team? when tbh there is hardly enough teams already. You are cutting out 2 teams for 1 german team?

Tallie said:
Gibby Jr said:

This.

Tallie said:
Gibby Jr said:

+1

Apollo~ said:
If the UK can make 3 teams, why not? Is it not adding more to the tournament than 1 team? when tbh there is hardly enough teams already. You are cutting out 2 teams for 1 german team?
2 german teams? I doubt we will see one if the ruleset stays the same lmao

Razer' said:
Apollo~ said:

I understand what you mean razer, but what people were saying on Gibby's previous thread was about how NC disqualifies a lot of players from  playing the tournament for both skill and relation reasons. What gibby has done is made a compromise and i know many teams from 1 nation does ruin it a bit (maybe there should be Max 2 per nation) but you should see it as a compromise.

I, as well as quite a few other UK people who would like to participate, wouldnt be playing in this tournament if it was just 1 team per nation. So please dont just right the tournament off completely at least give it a go lol

Tallie said:

Some really good suggestions made here which I'd like to address. I've already made my point about alliances so I won't repeat myself but that's pretty much the idea.

On the actual multiple teams, I am probably the only member of the admin team not in favour of this change, I'd much prefer having another division hosted alongside the NC like Dyktator suggested and would be more than glad to step down from my role in the main division to help Dyktator host it.

However, when it comes to the format of the tournament, the NC is something which happens pretty much once per year and having groups automatically means seedings which also mean the weaker Nations will likely have three/four matches where they will get utterly destroyed, making it pretty much pointless signing-up. I understand not everyone plays to win but I don't think anyone enjoys getting 12-0ed in a row. If it was a regular teams tournament, I wouldn't mind either format as both have proven to be perfectly viable when well run, but I believe a ladder is the best way to ensure every team get to play opponents of equal strength at some point and therefore having a minimum of one or two matches where they stand a fair chance at getting some rounds or even winning the match. 

Razer' said:
Apollo~ said:

Nah you misread lol, I was talking about the other 2 UK's teams which have signed up. If the UK can make 3 teams from their players why not? If you guys want to have fun with like 8 teams then go ahead. But allowing many teams 'as-long as they are actually from said country' should be allowed makes it more 'fun' and if the 2nd team is just as strong as the 1st... why not? I'm sure a lot of people don't or won't play in the NC never mind the ones who actually want to but cannot. If they are 'bad' then won't they surely lose anyway?  (the teams not the players)

0380940456fe7115e17074133b384271.jpg

[size=18pt]UKRAINE
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

» TAG  Ukraine_

» NATIONALITY:Ukrainian

»

» CONTACTS
game_badge_wb.png
Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
ler7hzy.gif
Jurgen
game_badge_wb.png
Co-Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
In search
ler7hzy.gif
In search

» ROSTER

Player 1ID
Player 2ID
Player 3ID
Player 4ID
Player 5ID
Player 6ID
Player 7ID
Player 8ID
Player 9ID
Player 10ID

Post canceled

I talked with former people from the national team of Ukraine: Benneto, Vernon, Ray, Rich and the rest. and those who could participate in this tournament.

At the moment we can not build a Ukrainian team for the game. We take this event seriously, and we do not want to collect a weak team.

If possible, some of us will be happy to play together with the Russian team, or some other one.

The administration is considering all of the suggestions which have been made so far. The signup period is long enough that we have time to discuss this amongst ourselves and with the people who usually lead each nation's teams.

As is mentioned in the summary on the front page, this tournament is going to experiment with minor stat changes. Although some administrators wanted radical changes to javelins and long awlpikes (OGL), we decided that it was best to start with minor changes with this tournament. Below are the changes which we are going to implement:

Vaegirs
Inf Shield skill 2 -> 4
Archer Power Strike 0 -> 1
Cav Ironflesh 4 -> 3

Nords
Cav Shield skill 1 -> 2
Inf Power Throw 4 -> 3

Sarranids
Inf Shield Skill 2 -> 4
Archer Power Strike 0 -> 1
Cav Athletics 0 -> 3
Cav Power Strike 2 -> 3

Rhodoks
Cav Riding 4 -> 5
Xbow Shield 2 -> 4

None of these changes will affect the game in any major way, ensuring that each faction remains unique and different, but they will help to iron out some anomalies in the statistics to create a more balanced game. Furthermore, most of these changes have already been used in a tournament before. The ECS3 implemented these changes, as you can see here. In fact, the changes we are proposing here will make less of a difference to the balance than those ones did. We don't want to edit the game too much, so we have only decided to use minor changes. Credit goes to Azan for his post about this, as most of these changes are derived from his proposed list.

Jurgen said:

[size=18pt]UKRAINE

» TAG  Ukraine_

»

» CONTACTS
game_badge_wb.png
Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
ler7hzy.gif
Jurgen
game_badge_wb.png
Co-Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
In search
ler7hzy.gif
In search

» ROSTER

Player 1ID
Player 2ID
Player 3ID
Player 4ID
Player 5ID
Player 6ID
Player 7ID
Player 8ID
Player 9ID
Player 10ID

Post canceled

I talked with former people from the national team of Ukraine: Benneto, Vernon, Ray, Rich and the rest. and those who could participate in this tournament.

At the moment we can not build a Ukrainian team for the game. We take this event seriously, and we do not want to collect a weak team.

If possible, some of us will be happy to play together with the Russian team, or some other one.

So Ukraine has enough players but they dont wanna gather a "weak" team. I dont think you should allow this Alliance.

Menethil said:
Jurgen said:

[size=18pt]UKRAINE

» TAG  Ukraine_

»

» CONTACTS
game_badge_wb.png
Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
ler7hzy.gif
Jurgen
game_badge_wb.png
Co-Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
In search
ler7hzy.gif
In search

» ROSTER

Player 1ID
Player 2ID
Player 3ID
Player 4ID
Player 5ID
Player 6ID
Player 7ID
Player 8ID
Player 9ID
Player 10ID

Post canceled

So Ukraine has enough players but they dont wanna gather a "weak" team. I dont think you should allow this Alliance.

An alliance between Ukraine and Russia is unlikely, in fact there is almost no chance of it happening. Hopefully the Ukrainian team will put some more effort into making a team, but if necessary we could explore the possibility of an alliance between Ukraine and another slavic nation.

in UA I know only players like Rey, Jurgan, Vernon, Volshen who still play, not sure if all still  :grin:. Maybe we get some 2-3 new players dont know, but 8 regular players we cant get 100%
You can be sure of my words. If we can unite with another Slavic nation, why not with Russia? we speak the same language
PS: I dont see difference between BeNe and RUM, same situation, and sorry for my english, I hope it's clear that I wrote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom