[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does technically but I think we're a small enough scene that if Germany 1 wins most in Germany 2 won't get away with claiming that as their victory. And I'm sure if anything the inter-country rivalries will be more ferocious than vs other nations tbh.

I think the opposite is true. The more teams a country has the more it's top players will be split. Instead of all of a nations top players being forced to play together they might form two teams with players they like more

_Osiris_ said:
I think the opposite is true. The more teams a country has the more it's top players will be split. Instead of all of a nations top players being forced to play together they might form two teams with players they like more
This, and the abridged classic:
Alene said:
We do have WNL, and other tournaments where you can play with friends and what not.

Problem with Nations cup is that most current Nations never have enough or just don't want to play with bad people, on the other hand there's nations that can form 3 teams. It'll just be 3 UK teams and 3 Turkish teams battling it out for the cup. It was hard for nations to get 5 players for the 5v5 version. Everyone's against the combined nation idea and will make the tournament look poor.

If teams like Brazil and USA sign up, no one wants to play home and away as it doesn't prove who's the best nations but who can click the fastest with the ping.

Gibby abused admin in the WPL? He got himself removed. Arni is notorious for ruining nations cup or just his Russian team being toxic. I don't really care about either.

I believe reys nations 5 a side was sufficient enough to be considered this year's nations cup and future format until bannerlord due to the lack of interest or teams.

Having multiple teams also makes the tournament more fun than it does make it competitive unlike the previous editions of the Nations cup rendering the 'BIGGEST TOURNAMENT SERIES' useless at this point (I mean robin already done that though). Youre suppose to be representing your nation. The best of your nation fights against the others best. You might aswell call this tournament 'play with friends from same nation fun tournament'. Giving it a nations cup title is ridiculous.

Fietta said:
Problem with Nations cup is that most current Nations never have enough or just don't want to play with bad people, on the other hand there's nations that can form 3 teams. It'll just be 3 UK teams and 3 Turkish teams battling it out for the cup. It was hard for nations to get 5 players for the 5v5 version. Everyone's against the combined nation idea and will make the tournament look poor.

If teams like Brazil and USA sign up, no one wants to play home and away as it doesn't prove who's the best nations but who can click the fastest with the ping.

Gibby abused admin in the WPL? He got himself removed. Arni is notorious for ruining nations cup or just his Russian team being toxic. I don't really care about either.

I believe reys nations 5 a side was sufficient enough to be considered this year's nations 5 a side and future format until bannerlord due to the lack of interest or teams.

Having multiple teams also makes the tournament more fun than it does make it competitive unlike the previous editions of the Nations cup rendering the 'BIGGEST TOURNAMENT SERIES' useless at this point (I mean robin already done that though). Youre suppose to be representing your nation. The best of your nations fights against the others best. You might aswell call this tournament 'play with friends from same nation fun tournament'. Giving it a nations cup title is ridiculous.

OHHHHNONONO LOOK AT THIS DOOOD!!!

I do not think that letting multiple teams from same nation play in same cup is a good idea and going to suggest it being either changed or removed.

If you want more players to play it then there could be another sub tournament going on with same schedule and system for lower tier teams of the nations.

Making Nations Cup more like a regular tournament by taking ANY tier player is just going to bother people and their desire of competition.

Thanks if you consider my comment.

Also big plus for Fietta's comment two posts before mine.

If France ever needs a player, can be a pretty decent piker. Never actually gave comp scene a try but better late than never. Cheers.

Tirtil said:
I do not think that letting multiple teams from same nation play in same cup is a good idea and going to suggest it being either changed or removed.

If you want more players to play it then there could be another sub tournament going on with same schedule and system for lower tier teams of the nations.

Making Nations Cup more like a regular tournament by taking ANY tier player is just going to bother people and their desire of competition.

Thanks if you consider my comment.

Also big plus for Fietta's comment two posts before mine.

I don't think that putting aside lower tier players is a good idea. They will never get better if they are not allowed to play with better players. If you really want the desire of competition then just accept UK, TR,GER,RUS and FRA team. Either way the same factions will be in the knockout stage, but if "lower tier" teams are accepted, they will get more experience and, eventually, become mid tier teams. We all were bad at the beginning but "feeling more important" because we were here first is a big mistake. Experienced players had the time to get good on their own but now new players need experienced players' help to improve. It will only bring more players to the scene

I have enough players, but even I understand that there is no point in connecting them to this tournament. We need to take the strongest that we have. Preferably the best native players.

Who has already played in large teams or at least feels very confident in combat. There are many players who almost never play, but have strong abilities. Of these, you can collect a small team.

This tournament is not for the companies of friends playing in the PW mod

If the players are not enough, you can unite with another nation.

Fietta said:
Nations cup teams don't stay around, they're not the standard tournament teams. Low tier NC teams won't become 'mid tier' it's a nation team lol
so? maybe some do maybe some don't it's just a fun tournament to fill the time till the next big standard clan tournament. Stop whining

Topcat21 said:
Fietta said:
Nations cup teams don't stay around, they're not the standard tournament teams. Low tier NC teams won't become 'mid tier' it's a nation team lol
so? maybe some do maybe some don't it's just a fun tournament to fill the time till the next big standard clan tournament. Stop whining

Exactly it's a fun tournament, that's exactly what NC shouldn't be.

I strongly agree with the sentiments above and don't see a tournament with multiple teams from the same nation as particularly constructive.

The key issue is that the tournament ceases to be a test of which nation is able to produce the single best team in Warband and becomes more like a standard tournament with elements of neo-fascist nationalism introduced in order to divide the community further. Considering the political landscape of Europe at the moment has already shifted in a such a direction with detrimental effect, this is not a dimension that needs to be introduced to an already toxic and divided community.

Secondly, there is the clear bias in favour of nations with a more active Warband scene with any nations cup, which diminishes the possibility of 'the underdogs' seizing the day and producing an exciting or at all unpredictable outcome. This kind of oppression of minorities is made systemic by the introduction of multiple teams from the same nation and demolishes the equity, diversity and inclusivity of a standard nations cup.

Finally, this new system also exacerbates internal divisions within nations as to what constitutes 'a nation'. The question of a Welsh team competing independently has already been raised, which is relatively uncontroversial as there is little tension within the UK community over Welsh independence. However, for other EU nations, there has been more recent conflict as to whether certain regions ought to be autonomous or not and whether they are in fact a constituent part of a said nation. The option for multiple teams allows for further division within each country's Warband scene which is totally unnecessary.

As a whole, therefore, this new format promotes nationalist sentiments within the community, suppresses already marginalised minorities within the community and creates further division within those already vulnerable nations. As a result, it should not under any circumstance be adopted and, if any nations cup is to be held (which I would question in itself), it should be held on the same terms as previous tournaments.

There is still plenty of place for high level competition in this tournament. The classic main teams from each nation will form and inevitably win this tournament. In the past, most of the community has been cut out of NC's because they were unable to join the top tier national teams. The change to the format is so that we don't have to cut most of the community out, especially at a time when the scene is smaller than it has ever been.

Yeah it doesn't cut out the community but cuts out the competition. People always used to get excited trying to join their nations team and routing for them during the tournament. You always need a tournament where the best go against the best. The community being 'cut out' has never been a problem. They have plenty of chances in team tournaments.

BenChan said:
I strongly agree with the sentiments above and don't see a tournament with multiple teams from the same nation as particularly constructive.

The key issue is that the tournament ceases to be a test of which nation is able to produce the single best team in Warband and becomes more like a standard tournament with elements of neo-fascist nationalism introduced in order to divide the community further. Considering the political landscape of Europe at the moment has already shifted in a such a direction with detrimental effect, this is not a dimension that needs to be introduced to an already toxic and divided community.

Secondly, there is the clear bias in favour of nations with a more active Warband scene with any nations cup, which diminishes the possibility of 'the underdogs' seizing the day and producing an exciting or at all unpredictable outcome. This kind of oppression of minorities is made systemic by the introduction of multiple teams from the same nation and demolishes the equity, diversity and inclusivity of a standard nations cup.

Finally, this new system also exacerbates internal divisions within nations as to what constitutes 'a nation'. The question of a Welsh team competing independently has already been raised, which is relatively uncontroversial as there is little tension within the UK community over Welsh independence. However, for other EU nations, there has been more recent conflict as to whether certain regions ought to be autonomous or not and whether they are in fact a constituent part of a said nation. The option for multiple teams allows for further division within each country's Warband scene which is totally unnecessary.

As a whole, therefore, this new format promotes nationalist sentiments within the community, suppresses already marginalised minorities within the community and creates further division within those already vulnerable nations. As a result, it should not under any circumstance be adopted and, if any nations cup is to be held (which I would question in itself), it should be held on the same terms as previous tournaments.

take it easy pal

Fietta said:
People always used to get excited trying to join their nations team and routing for them during the tournament.
How can we understand that? Last year you made a strong case for a Welsh team being formed, even though half of them turned out to be English. Still, the community gave you the opportunity, and now I hear that you are trying to form a team with Shingen, who is English. What nation do you identify with? Wales or the United Kingdom? Or are you in the process of requesting an alliance between Wales and the United Kingdom?

There's an easy answer to that, prior to the NC2017 I spoke with Deacon about forming a Welsh team and all was fine, I even created the Welsh team steam group 4 months prior to the NC signups.  This tournaments format is different where Wales is considered another UK team after drama in NC2017. So I'm making another UK team instead.

Fietta said:
Yeah it doesn't cut out the community but cuts out the competition. People always used to get excited trying to join their nations team and routing for them during the tournament.

From my brief experience as UK captain, the players I/we had to decline were generally pretty bitter about it.

Sorry but this is not Nations Cup tournament then.
However i will always support any tournament but can't say i agree this system right now.

If you want to revive the current scene you can try another tournaments but Nations Cup tournaments have always  been considered as the most challenging and entartaining ones.

What i am trying to say is "Nations Cup is not a toy you can play with it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom