[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ecHpQ0Y.png

After much deliberation and intense discussion in the darkest reaches of the Warband community, the Nation's Cup 2018 is finally happening.

The Nation's Cup is a time-honoured tradition in the Warband community, so it would be inexcusable for there to be no proper 8v8 iteration in 2018. We are happy to announce that the Nation's Cup will happen with an 8v8 format this year. This year there will be some changes to how the tournament is going to run; the community is very small at the moment, so we want the tournament to include as many people as possible so as not to alienate any remaining players. Therefore, for the first time ever, multiple teams from each nation will be allowed.

The Nation's Cup is about each nation demonstrating that they have the best Warband players. If a nation is able to field two - or more - high-quality teams, then that simply demonstrates the abundance of talent in that country. We want to encourage each nation's top players coming together to battle against one another whilst also allowing other players from each nation to participate.

The matter of Alliances was a big point of contention in the Nation's Cup 2017, so we want to be clear with our policy on them. Alliances will be considered on a case-by-case basis ONLY if the nation requesting an alliance is able to prove they have done sufficient searching for other players from their nation. Furthermore, a team may only seek an alliance if both their own nation and the nation they are seeking an alliance with are unable to field any teams. We would like to encourage players from small nations to reach out to the wider Warband community in order to form a team; not every nation has enough Native players, but there are many other players in modules such as PW, Mercs and NW which can be brought in to fill spaces and create new teams. With how small the community is at the moment, bringing in new players will undoubtedly be necessary for many nations, so the administration is happy to assist in this matter where necessary. Threads such as this may be a good start for smaller nations seeking to form a team.

This Nation's Cup will also move away from the traditional group format, instead adopting a standard League Ladder with a knockout stage. We want to limit the length of the tournament, whilst also ensuring every team gets to play their fair share of matches. We believe this is the best way to achieve that. The ladder will run for 6 weeks and the top 4 teams (may change depending on the number of signups) will head into a knockout stage to decide the winner of the tournament. Pick Night will be every Monday at 18:30 BST and Fixtures for each week will be determined before the start of the tournament.

There is no roster cap.
Code:
[b]BANNER:[/b]
[b]NATION:[/b]
[b]CAPTAIN: NAME - [url]TALEWORLDS PROFILE[/url] - [url]STEAM[/url][/b]
[b]CO-CAPTAIN: NAME - [url]TALEWORLDS PROFILE[/url] - [url]STEAM[/url][/b]
ROSTER:
[tr][td]Player 1[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 2[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 3[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 4[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 5[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 6[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 7[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 8[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 9[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 10[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 11[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 12[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 13[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Player 14[/td][td]ID[/td][/tr]

Each team will bear the name of their nation, and the administration will assign numbers I - IV as necessary and depending on the strength of each team. For instance, if three teams from Turkey sign up, the strongest will be assigned Turkey I, the next strongest Turkey II and the next strongest Turkey III. This will be determined by the administration at the end of the signup period, taking into account the roster and scrim results.

Administration

rmmbk.png
Arni
plbhw.png
Gibby
VoDdSR7.png
Kane
plbhw.png
OGL
jczdf.png
Tardet

We are currently discussing the implementation of some balance changes. Updates on this will come out in the following days, as will the map pool and other details.

Thanks to Apollo and Tallie for the logo.

Signups close: 30/09/2018 (30th of September)

interesting!

By standard league ladder i assume you mean the non standard picking system we have used before as opposed to a swiss or round robin style?

edit*

Also can you clarify the Wales situation before it turns into anything. Will welsh players be able to join UK teams or will Wales be considered a separate nation

0380940456fe7115e17074133b384271.jpg

[size=18pt]UKRAINE
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

» TAG  Ukraine_

» NATIONALITY:Ukrainian

»

» CONTACTS
game_badge_wb.png
Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
ler7hzy.gif
Jurgen
game_badge_wb.png
Co-Captain
P6EEJdM.gif
In search
ler7hzy.gif
In search

» ROSTER

Player 1ID
Player 2ID
Player 3ID
Player 4ID
Player 5ID
Player 6ID
Player 7ID
Player 8ID
Player 9ID
Player 10ID

Hello, Ukrainian players. My name is Jurgen. I am a native of Kiev, Ukraine. Sometime ago, in Сaptain Rich times, I sought for a place in national team, but they had no need in new players. Now we have an opportunity to give an Ukrainian team a second chance to leave a very own mark in the last breaths of Warband, and I will be glad to share this burden with someone experienced and battle-seasoned.

I have no intentions for being a Captain of the team, and I'm ready to fight as a common warrior. Though I have to step over my pride, more experienced Commander will do much more good. The most important thing is worthy performance.

Post canceled

I talked with former people from the national team of Ukraine: Benneto, Vernon, Ray, Rich and the rest. and those who could participate in this tournament.

At the moment we can not build a Ukrainian team for the game. We take this event seriously, and we do not want to collect a weak team.

If possible, some of us will be happy to play together with the Russian team, or some other one.

Scar said:
Wales are surely invited to form their own team under the Union Jack.

I think Osiris is referring to the last tournament where players had to choose whether to play with Wales or UK and that choice would be permanent. At least, that's what I recall anyway.

So the guy who was DDoSing multiple servers and tournaments in the past, who has scammed several people and who is also the one that gave Mynes the hint of  implementing a spyware onto hundreds of peoples' computers is now an admin of the biggest major tournament? This really only happens in this community.

Sorry but I'm out.

_Osiris_ said:
Also can you clarify the Wales situation before it turns into anything. Will welsh players be able to join UK teams or will Wales be considered a separate nation

Welsh players are welcome to form a Welsh team, but it will be counted as one of the UK teams. They are also welcome to join any other of several UK teams that they wish.

Sebe said:
From ddosing a nations cup to admining one. lmao im out
Yoru said:
So the guy who was DDoSing multiple servers and tournaments in the past, who has scammed several people and who is also the one that gave Mynes the hint of  implementing a spyware onto hundreds of peoples' computers is now an admin of the biggest major tournament? This really only happens in this community.

Sorry but I'm out.

Arni's role is largely thread updating and management, as well as contribution to balance discussions and to the format. I am not interested in addressing or justifying Arni's past, but I don't think you can blame him for anything concerning the Mynes situation. I hope the presence of one of several admins doesn't influence your opinion of the tournament as a whole.

:party:

Great to see this tour having the chance to redeem itself after the show on 2017, hope that it goes smooth, good luck.

Highly recommend to enshort the sign up deadline to the 25th of September, most of this teams are already preset and it's just about a few decisions and setting up the applications. A whole month and a few days are completly unnecesary to start the competition specially considering that the 30th is sunday, making that day already unplayable, starting the 7th. Providing 3 weeks seems way more suitable, hope that you consider it.

Gibby Jr said:
Arni's role is largely thread updating and management, as well as contribution to balance discussions and to the format. I am not interested in addressing or justifying Arni's past, but I don't think you can blame him for anything concerning the Mynes situation. I hope the presence of one of several admins doesn't influence your opinion of the tournament as a whole.
Does he need to be an admin to do this? Demoting Arni would end this controversy and can therefore only be healthy for this tournament. Especially because he has such an history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom