Nations Cup 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admins agreed to remove this map, 'cause they believe that it's not balanced and it's boring map.

Anyway, I wanted this map, but I was outvoted.

relaXcz said:
Admins agreed to remove this map, 'cause they believe that it's not balanced and it's boring map.

Who thinks field is boring... It's the same 2 minutes camp as all the other maps. I think only problem with field is the flag close to the mill, which should be moved to the ruins. After this change field should be great.

Cybran said:
relaXcz said:

Who thinks field is boring... It's the same 2 minutes camp as all the other maps. I think only problem with field is the flag close to the mill, which should be moved to the ruins. After this change field should be great.
Arch3r did that.
Since the updated version of Reveran Village (see post above the linked one) wasn't used in the ECS, will it or the original be used in the NC?

I'm not sure how moving the mill MotF on FbtR closer to the ruins is better for balance. Seeing as the ruins are a focal point on the map, and are probably the most likely place to be occupied, it seems unwise to make it a stronger position by making it an easily defensible MotF spawn. Having it at the mill forces a team camped in the ruins to divert at least some players to secure the flag, weakening their hold on the ruins.

That's not to say it can't be moved to a better spot at all, I just don't think moving it closer to the ruins is a good solution.

As for the map being boring, have you even scrimmed once? Welcome to competitive Warband. :lol:

Shemaforash said:
Unicorn said:
Well I guess we're lucky he's not proposing the one from UNAC then

There's no screenshots of newer versions, all he posted was a link to his previous version of the map.

hurr  unircron

z4JVrGy.jpg

4pIlPoa.jpg

Well, the initial idea to get rid of FbtR was mine. Why? It's simple:

First off, I consider it being the map that is pretty old, and it has been on the scene for a while and through out the whole time it was here, there is literally nothing new people did on it. By that I mean that teams have never been trying anything new on it. There are only 2 options on the map: Rush Ruins, Defend forest (Stone Bridge spawn); Defend Forest, Defend Ruins (Wooden Bridge spawn); people are not using anything else other than those 2 strategies as everything else will lead to the loss most likely.
  Secondly, we're playing competitive tournament, and what is competitive in using old, tested strategies on FtbR? Nothing really, of course It's something like fight between players, but for team captains It's nothing really new, even If you're worst captain EU/NA you're still capable of taking proper positions and winning rounds on that map. Replacing the map with some other would mean that captains have to work on something, try new things out.

Orion said:
I'm not sure how moving the mill MotF on FbtR closer to the ruins is better for balance. Seeing as the ruins are a focal point on the map, and are probably the most likely place to be occupied, it seems unwise to make it a stronger position by making it an easily defensible MotF spawn. Having it at the mill forces a team camped in the ruins to divert at least some players to secure the flag, weakening their hold on the ruins.

That's not to say it can't be moved to a better spot at all, I just don't think moving it closer to the ruins is a good solution.

As for the map being boring, have you even scrimmed once? Welcome to competitive Warband. :lol:

I don't think ruins are focal point on the map. If you watch the streams, from ECS for example, you'll see they are barely used. I think new flag location is good.

Imagination said:

fbtr is good map, it has unbalanced flag spawn but it can be easily fixed. Besides that I don't think you play the map same way each time. I'd even say every match on certain map is different and you need to adjust to your opponent playing style. It's like saying football is tactically boring because map never changes.  :wink:

I don't like changes about draws. I think the only problem with ECS rules, was that they were unclear at first sight. Too many options where it should be defined in one point. The default one was good. I can call myself an expert in tie-breaks :p. IG had 2 during ECS and 1 just before it in weekend tournament and I must say it was great experience to replay certain spawns. We had to change our tactics and classes to win the round on spawns we were destroyed before.

No offence to AZAN, who made some beautiful and competetive maps before, but those new symetrical look like playground. 

Harman said:
fbtr is good map, it has unbalanced flag spawn but it can be easily fixed. Besides that I don't think you play the map same way each time. I'd even say every match on certain map is different and you need to adjust to your opponent playing style. It's like saying football is tactically boring because map never changes.  :wink:

Well, personally, I wouldn't compare football to Warband.
I agree that every match on certain map is different, but that's exactly what you can't say about FbtR, and that's exactly what I pointed out in my previous post:

Imagination said:
First off, I consider it being the map that is pretty old, and it has been on the scene for a while and through out the whole time it was here, there is literally nothing new people did on it. By that I mean that teams have never been trying anything new on it.

So there's nothing really to react to as every team does the same.

I don't think teams always do the same on it. Before Legend match in ECS we've played 4 diffrent teams on fbtr and each match was different. Some teams were very agressive with nords infantry, other more campy, spreading archers on other side of the river or the wall etc.. IG tried at least few class setup aswell.

I won't fight for this map though. It's okej but if admins find other good open map I'm fine with that.

Harman said:
I don't think teams always do the same on it. Before Legend match in ECS we've played 4 diffrent teams on fbtr and each match was different. Some teams were very agressive with nords infantry, other more campy, spreading archers on other side of the river or the wall etc.. IG tried at least few class setup aswell.

I won't fight for this map though. It's okej but if admins find other good open map I'm fine with that.

Yes we have to find good open map or there will be Field by the River anyway.

Imagination said:
Harman said:

Well, personally, I wouldn't compare football to Warband.
I agree that every match on certain map is different, but that's exactly what you can't say about FbtR, and that's exactly what I pointed out in my previous post:

Imagination said:
First off, I consider it being the map that is pretty old, and it has been on the scene for a while and through out the whole time it was here, there is literally nothing new people did on it. By that I mean that teams have never been trying anything new on it.

So there's nothing really to react to as every team does the same.

I do something different. I guess Nubi's the only one who's taken my tactic and then built more new **** on it. Even if IG, AE and noobs never do anything new on this map it doesn't mean others don't. For an example, almost every time I play this map i still keep trying out some new stuff.

Though this NC i'm most likely not even going to play lel...  :lol:

Field by the River is a fine map, no discussion there, but at the same time it's alright to change maps as long as their replacement is fully tested imho.
Oh and
[size=20pt]
Spain
is probably not
participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom