Nations Cup 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alene said:
To eliminate all other advantage and disadvantages would require using the same faction for both teams in addition to symmetrical maps. Even then the other team could have advantage depending on the map; one clan could perform better in closed maps, while the other would prefer open ones.

If they have equal option to pick factions then its fair in my opinion, any advantages faction wise would be up to the teams themselves to determine and play to. As for being better or worse at different maps, that's something that is already accounted for by the fact that the teams have got through two maps with an overall draw, at least all the variables which are beyond the control of a team are the same.

----------------------------------------------------

In terms of duelling with no restrictions on class or equipment, wouldn't it dissolve into a mess of shield breaking and then shooting/throwing things at people? I just think if its an 8v8 battle tournament, it should be decided with 8v8 battle.

Lord Rich said:
Alene said:
To eliminate all other advantage and disadvantages would require using the same faction for both teams in addition to symmetrical maps. Even then the other team could have advantage depending on the map; one clan could perform better in closed maps, while the other would prefer open ones.

If they have equal option to pick factions then its fair in my opinion, any advantages faction wise would be up to the teams themselves to determine and play to. As for being better or worse at different maps, that's something that is already accounted for by the fact that the teams have got through two maps with an overall draw, at least all the variables which are beyond the control of a team are the same.

----------------------------------------------------

In terms of duelling with no restrictions on class or equipment, wouldn't it dissolve into a mess of shield breaking and then shooting/throwing things at people? I just think if its an 8v8 battle tournament, it should be decided with 8v8 battle.

I tend to agree, and I'll bring up draws at the next admin meeting. No promises that anything will be changed though.

Outcomes from the Admin Meeting:
  • During the course of this week we had a few players volunteering to be tournament referees. We must reject any applications at this particular moment. However, if we do end up needing more some of the applicants will be contacted privately.
  • Updated maplist:
    Closed
    • Fort of Honour
    • Mountain Fortress
    • San'di'boush
    • Vendetta
    • Verloren
    Open
    • Inconclusive1
    • Frosty Battle
    • Reveran Village
    • Ruins
    • Inconclusive2
  • MB_TV will automatically receive an admin password to all servers. However, if you are a streamer (like Warband Battlestream) consult an admin.
  • Middle Eastern European Allowance and Khazahstan and Eastern Russia are removed as country alliances. However, if you want to form an allowance you must send a PM to an admin stating team name, the roster (IDs included) with nationalities and reasons behind the formulation of that team.
  • Case regarding Shemaforash: Admins came to conclusion (Yona was not participating) that Shema will not be allowed to play for Germany. Admins have acknowledged his situation, but considering the fact that there is a Scandinavian team we thought he must join it.
  • Due to the nature of the tournament, matches may end in draws. Should the match be a draw after the final round has been played then a symmetrical map will be used. The setup will be the following:
    • Maps are Winterburg or Proving Grounds.3
    • Two identical factions.
    • First to 3, no spawn change.
    • In case of home/away (i.e. USA vs UK) the map will be played on the away server and then the same set up will be played on a home server. The winner will be determined total won between total rounds won in both tie-breaker maps.
1 - Field by the River will be removed and replaced by a different map.
2 - Will be discussed.
3 - Maps

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,270894.0.html

Check out Haranaer, it's a map i made a while ago.

It was tested out in UNAC season 1 group stage, and i edited it a bit after seeing how it played out.

The new version hasn't been tested yet, though.

sotamursu123 said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,270894.0.html

Check out Haranaer, it's a map i made a while ago.

It was tested out in UNAC season 1 group stage, and i edited it a bit after seeing how it played out.

The new version hasn't been tested yet, though.

The one in UNAC was horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom