Nations Cup 2011: Banner Pack (Final version up, please re-download)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kittenhuffer said:
To me that looks like the Netherlands flag.
Use something like that for Netherlands flag:
holland-oranje-4365b.gif

Swordmaster said:
Is there a Tunisian flag or am I mistaken? :razz:
I cant see any Tunisinian flags , you must be mistaken  :razz:

Edit: i didnt see the turkish(or what it supposed to be) captain flag  , thats true  :lol:

captain lust said:
The lady's cheek begs to differ.

images

Lol seriously.
This is not a Czech flag, it's horizontally flipped.
ncoatofarms3.png

Vertical position:
120px-Flag_of_Czech_Republic_%28vertical_hoisting%29.svg.png

Horizontal position:
220px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png

Please fix it, it's wrong even in the bracket here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162240.msg3922056.html#new

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/xf-vert.html said:
The rule is that when a flag is hung vertically the honour point (i.e., the top-left hand corner) should still be at the top-left. This means that most flags rotate 90 degrees and are then turned over. For example, the US flag has to be reversed to keep the canton in the top-left. The union flag just rotates, so as to keep the thick white stripe uppermost in the top-left corner. This all stems from heraldic practice, and basically mean creating new flags for many countries. [...]
It's not only the Czech flag that's "wrong." This rule also applies to the US flag (link :neutral:) and the German flag, as well as a couple of other nations' flags.

I've simply taken all flags and rotated them 90 degrees to the right, and quite frankly, I'm not bothered whether it's correct or not. So unless Mr. X, IceNova and whoever else is affected see a reason to edit the banner pack, I most likely won't. Feel free to do it yourself, though.

Kittenhuffer said:
quite frankly, I'm not bothered whether it's correct or not.
Well, I have just one thing to say here - either do things right, or do not do them at all.

SanDiego said:
Well, I have just one thing to say here - either do things right, or do not do them at all.
I guess I'd better remove it then, before someone points out how the banners don't even nearly follow the flag regulation sizes and how they're all grossly disproportionate.

But really, I don't see how that truly original piece of advice of yours is relevant here. I've never said that the banner pack is 100% correct and follows every obscure rule on the face of the planet, made in a distant past in regards to flag etiquette... nor did I ever strive to make it as such. My main concern is whether or not the flags look good and are easy to distinguish for the average M&B player. And so far, I have a feeling that abiding to this "honor point"-rule will leave a bigger portion of people wondering what's wrong with the Czech flag and thereby create more confusion than it will do good.

If this really is a big issue for you guys, though, then before making any changes I'd like to hear what the Americans and the Germans have to say about it. Because if I have to change one flag, I might as well change all. You know, "either you do things right..."

Back
Top Bottom