sjgzm.png
Cavetroll
sjgzm.png
Elazul

reposted with fixed roster

Team Name: Continental Drift
Team Tag: NA_
Nationality: North America
Contact 1 (Steam & Taleworlds): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087747357/
Contact 2 (Steam & Taleworlds):
List of Players (Name - ID):
Guacc - 1558036
Aporta -1718082
Cow - 2125359
Beansacks - 919631
Jeffrey9792 - 1660069
t - 2199678
Tito - 1573104
Alejanbro - 1356799

tell me if i can add more ppl ty

Typically the second team will have all the second rate players + a captain who won't be committed though. I think its good you're allowing multiple teams for a single nation but you shouldn't restrict that so it's forcing multiple teams to be made. In NA there is no one else who can commit to captaining besides me that will be dedicated, and due to the inactive nature of our scene it is way easier to have a bunch of players on the roster to easily call up on for a match. The only other reason to force roster caps is so every player in their nation gets an even chance to play, but in the context of NA you're actually hurting these chances.

Finland most likely also has a situation where they have other Finnish players who can join the roster, but not enough to field a good second team.

Yes I agree, the second team would be worse, but them 'second rate players' wouldn't play in the main team so what's there to lose?, the 'second rate players' would actually be able to play. You play the NC to support your Nation, not to sit in bench and watch your team win/lose. NA has more than 12 players in the scene and can easily create multiple teams. Finland's current roster is 8, and if you're saying there's 'more', getting 4 Finnish players seems to be a breeze. I think you need to stop thinking about winning and more about allowing players to contribute to their Nation regardless of being in a main team or not.

Alene said:
If we had 9 possible players, we could field one team, and at least one person would not fit it. Personally I would support my country better from the bench than not being in a team at all.

Sitting on the bench is the same as not being in a team at all, you're just wanting a potential medal and that's literally it. You can support your Nation's team outside of being in their roster... you don't need to sit in their roster to 'support' the country knowing you're not going to play. This is 5v5, so a possible 4 players wouldn't fit in.

The old Nation's five-a-side located here had no problems creating multiple teams for their nations. The average players per team was around 6-7 with multiple teams from the same Nations. If it wasn't a problem then, hell, it shouldn't be a problem today. I think you're complaining for the sake of complaining instead of actually playing or thinking.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
I swear you did the exact same thing with Freelancers?

I didn't play officials, however, I played pretty much the entire trainings with the obvious AE meme match. Considering I came from a background of playing in LGN then AA, I joined to learn by playing all the training scrims, plus, I never knew I'd be benched for almost the entire tournament and was waiting for my playtime (which I kinda got).

Anymore ill-educated comments?, couple of 2015 memes perhaps?

Maybe some people will be as committed as you were and expect the same regardless of how much they end up playing?

And btw 2012 isn't the same as 2018. Nowdays it is in fact way harder to create multiple teams from one nation, unfortunately :/

Fietta said:
Yes I agree, the second team would be worse, but them 'second rate players' wouldn't play in the main team so what's there to lose?, the 'second rate players' would actually be able to play. You play the NC to support your Nation, not to sit in bench and watch your team win/lose. NA has more than 12 players in the scene and can easily create multiple teams. Finland's current roster is 8, and if you're saying there's 'more', getting 4 Finnish players seems to be a breeze. I think you need to stop thinking about winning and more about allowing players to contribute to their Nation regardless of being in a main team or not.

You're really naive if you think that only player numbers matter in the creation of a team. Yeah I can find eight other semi active players, force one to become captain and boom, two teams but we all know it isn't that simple. Summing up NA's player activity problems as "well u guys have more than 12 players" is really ignorant of the actual problems occurring. There would be no motivation, there's already very little dedication, and would most likely end up as a BYE team after 2 weeks. My point is that even though we technically have enough players to field multiple teams, none of us would be motivated enough to come.

If you were capable of reading then you'd also see my point that by forcing the creation of two teams , you're actually hurting the chances for players to contribute to their nation. It's not about fielding the best team but in our case being able to field a team at all.

I think that YOU need to start thinking instead of ignoring all my points and saying that it'd be easy for us to make two teams.

How does the problem of NA relate to the tournament's roster cap?, how is it the tournament's cap that makes your NA players inactive? The problem is NA, not the roster cap. If NA players wanted to win they'll be more motivated and have a lot of dedication. How does the creation of two teams correlate to the deterioration of motivation?. You're basically saying that NA wouldn't take this tournament seriously enough to be active when needed and if that's the case, then the tournament cap is completely fine. Your team having 8 people on the roster means that 3 people wouldn't have to turn up, that's a lot of leeway considering it's more than 2/3 of the roster. If you start thinking outside your bubble, you'll probably understand how the cap is fine and you're complaining because your players are inactive.

Thats exactly what I'm complaining about you ****ing retard

THATS why Im requesting there not be a roster cap!!! Because my nation is inactive!!!! Holy ****

Yes YOUR Nation, there's more than yours on this planet. If they were to remove the roster cap that means you'll just have teams of 15+ players when the cap forces multiple teams. If your Nation wants to play then make multiple teams and if they don't then don't make multiple teams, It's as simple as that stupid guacc. Oh sorry you just want to clog up your roster win inactive players that come to 1 or 0 matches for no complete reason.

There isn't a problem with 15+ players, because if some of those players wanted to form a team of their own then they can. That is why this NC is great, because nations can field multiple teams. The problem is that you're FORCING people make multiple teams and not appreciating the context in why they need the players.

My nation, NA, has an activity problem. I would like to add more players to my team to counteract this problem. Are you a retard?

edit: you can't oversimplify the problem by saying just make 2 teams!!! please get this thru your thick head!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom