Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternal said:
What if a team intentionally drops one to be fair for a 5v5, even if they have 6? Do they also get the super special warning?

Nope. Only teams that fail to meet the requirement of 6 are penalized. Dropping a player out of kindness isn't required, and isn't a fault of the team making the drop. I'd feel like an ass for penalizing a team for something like that anyway.

Orion said:
[me=Orion]rigs the vote.[/me]

Looks like we're changing our match format, guys. I'll write the "formal" rule version tomorrow along with all of the other rule changes. Here's what's in store for season 2:

Picking order remains the same, except map selection is limited by categories. Team 1 picks the first map and spawn, as usual, but the map category they picked from cannot be picked from again for the third map. Team 2 picks their faction, team 1 picks theirs.

Maps are now 8 rounds instead of 9. The teams will play 4 rounds in their initial positions, and then swap factions & spawns. That means the map will be reset, and team 1 will take team 2's faction while team 2 takes team 1's faction. The last 4 rounds are played, and the team with the most rounds won at the end of the set of 8 wins that map. Ties are possible on maps.

Second map, team 2 picks map/spawn again. Team 2 may pick any map as long as it is not the same as Team 1's first map. The category of Team 2's map is then disallowed to team 1 for a potential tiebreaker. Team 1 takes their faction, team 2 takes theirs. Again, 4 rounds, swap, 4 more rounds. Winner is the team with the majority of rounds won. At this point, match victor is decided by the team with the most map wins. Draws count as a 0 for both teams, so if a team draws one map and wins the next, they win the match.

However, if both teams are 1-1 or 0-0, then we go to a tie-breaker. We're awesome. Team 1 picks a map again, and cannot pick from the same category as the first or second map. The third map decides the match outcome. If both teams are still at a straight-up tie at this point, the match is considered a draw. This means the attacking team moves up to the rank just underneath the defending team, and the defending team maintains their rank.

Should be good stuff. I voted against this system, but it should still be fun.

We all know now that the roster limit is 11. Hopefully our attendance record will be a bit better now.

On top of that, teams are allowed to play up to 3 matches with a single man down. This means 5v6 and 5v5 matches are possible. In the event that a team plays a match with a man down, they are issued a special form of warning. This is a permanent warning, meaning it never expires. It is not treated like any other warning, and is merely a tally of sorts. Once a team acquires three of these warnings, they may no longer play matches with just 5 players. They must bring at least 6 to each match.

Playoff matches must always be played at 6v6.

Speaking of playoffs, they're going to follow the originally intended format of the final four. Only the top four teams of the season will advance to the playoffs. This should make the playoffs shorter, so the following season can begin sooner.

Good rule change is good.

1 - Nevino - Team Captain - TW Forum nick: MrNevino1
2 - Vonderscher
3 - William
4. Emma
5 - KingKiller
6 - Antonidas
7 - Syreth
8 - SirAlec
9 - Drake
10 - Boudin
11 - Baja

unfortunately i have to make another roster change

MrNevino1 said:
2 - Vonderscher
3 - William
4. Emma
5 - KingKiller
6 - Antonidas
7 - Syreth
8 - SirAlec
9 - Drake
10 - Boudin
11 - Baja

Not sure if this was intentional, but it's spelled "Fistycuffs"

The Pizza said:
How does Med Plains/Steppe work?

Same as always, except they count as "open" maps. However, there is one change regarding re-rolls. The team that chose the map is allowed 3 re-rolls as usual, but after that they may continue re-rolling the map with consensus from both team captains.

MrNomNom said:
MrNevino1 said:
2 - Vonderscher
3 - William
4. Emma
5 - KingKiller
6 - Antonidas
7 - Syreth
8 - SirAlec
9 - Drake
10 - Boudin
11 - Baja

*fisticuffs
Fail nomz.

Orion said:
The Pizza said:
How does Med Plains/Steppe work?

Same as always, except they count as "open" maps. However, there is one change regarding re-rolls. The team that chose the map is allowed 3 re-rolls as usual, but after that they may continue re-rolling the map with consensus from both team captains.

We'll be playing on different maps if we reset to play the second set of 4 rounds. Which team decides re-rolls on which set of rounds?

Beowulf661 said:
MrNomNom said:
MrNevino1 said:
2 - Vonderscher
3 - William
4. Emma
5 - KingKiller
6 - Antonidas
7 - Syreth
8 - SirAlec
9 - Drake
10 - Boudin
11 - Baja

*fisticuffs
Fail nomz.

****, I googled it and everything.  :sad:

point still stands

MrNomNom said:
Beowulf661 said:
MrNomNom said:
MrNevino1 said:
2 - Vonderscher
3 - William
4. Emma
5 - KingKiller
6 - Antonidas
7 - Syreth
8 - SirAlec
9 - Drake
10 - Boudin
11 - Baja

*fisticuffs
Fail nomz.

****, I googled it and everything.  :sad:

point still stands

It was intentional misspelling FTW!!!!!!1 :grin:

Orion said:
We have a decision for random plains/steppe. It's objective, and it should work just fine. I'll post details in a bit, with examples.
I was never asked about this ! No matter what it is my vote is against it !

Orion said:
I'll post details in a bit, with examples.

Random Plains/Steppe are still valid map choices. The team that chooses the map gets 3 rerolls after the initial map generation to get optimum terrain. This is also true for the faction/spawn swap. If after 3 rerolls the terrain is not suitable, the teams must continue to reroll until the terrain does not have any cliff faces. "Cliff faces" are defined as slopes steep enough that they are textured with rock instead of grass in an unmodified native installation.

mb55.jpg

mb56v.jpg

No instance of random plains may be played where cliff faces are present.

Say team 1 picks Random Plains. They get the initial generation, plus 3 rerolls as needed. If the terrain is not suitable, they reroll until they get a map with no cliff faces.

After four rounds, the teams swap factions and spawns, generate an initial map, and the team that originally picked random plains again rerolls up to 3 times. If they do not get desired terrain, they must take the next generated map without cliff faces.

Orion said:
Orion said:
I'll post details in a bit, with examples.

Random Plains/Steppe are still valid map choices. The team that chooses the map gets 3 rerolls after the initial map generation to get optimum terrain. This is also true for the faction/spawn swap. If after 3 rerolls the terrain is not suitable, the teams must continue to reroll until the terrain does not have any cliff faces. "Cliff faces" are defined as slopes steep enough that they are textured with rock instead of grass.

mb55.jpg

mb56v.jpg

No instance of random plains may be played where cliff faces are present.
double post !
4f33771444470_1238065319_hamster_eating_broccoli.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom