Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2 Finals]

Season 3 Duel Ladder Format (ALL FIGHTS ARE 1v1)

• Singles (Two players, one set, best of 13)

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Doubles (Four players, two sets, best of 13, winners duel for tiebreaker)

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Team (3 player teams, round-robin format, highest scoring team wins)

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

T said:
KissMyAxe said:
Has anyone made a video of BAD vs BkS?

I wouldn't mind a video of Balion v BkS scrims over the years...

~40 scrims of balion trying to figure out how to beat us...then 3 of them doing it.

Kind doubt on that 40, and the 3 wins have been the 3 most recent games sooooooooooooo ya.

T said:
KissMyAxe said:
Has anyone made a video of BAD vs BkS?

I wouldn't mind a video of Balion v BkS scrims over the years...

~40 scrims of balion trying to figure out how to beat us...then 3 of them doing it.

To be fair, the BAD coalition has beaten BkS, but I believe Balion itself has yet to. It's kind of like that time we played NAAS made up of multiple players from separate clans; that was a close one as well.

Mad Dawg said:
blak said:
True...would be interesting to see Balion face BkS minus Scott Ray and Akmar
So Balion playing with 0 cav?

It honestly doesn't matter. At this point I feel you guys would more than likely win. BkS has had no real heart in this game since after the KTIT. We haven't tried to get better since then. But this is not my point...

I am more just disappointed with what competitive Warband has become. Its not really a test of skill anymore, nor has it been for a while now(including much of the time before we lost to Balion the first time)...The game has "evolved" to the point that scrims are merely seeing who can pick off the most opponents without directly engaging your enemy. Nor does it help that Battle mode is simply not meant for competitive play. After playing CS:GO a good bit, I think that warband (Warband 2 more likely) could be just as popular. But it wont be if things stay the same.

What a competitive Warband scrim used to be:
- fast paced scrims
- Engaged enemy early
- Largely infantry based
- team fighting
- cav supported engagements
What competitive Warband is now:
- long drawn out rounds
- archer based
- cav catalyst for engagements (closed maps included)
- positioning for MOTF
- waiting for MOTF
- fight over MOTF = archer spread and heavy horse bumps

tldr;
Warband has lost the brutality, teamwork, and skillset that made it fun.

ALSO, this isn't aimed at Balion either, I really do like those guys, played international tournaments with most of them anyway. I even voted 1 on the peers/peasant trade.

Disappointing to see the naysaying being thrown around. I'll be the first to say that Battle is a flawed gamemode but to just start slagging of the game generally is really disappointing. Especially coming from BkS who I have a lot of respect for, ability wise and in terms of what they've done for the NA scene.

If you're getting tired of the game that's fair enough but throwing boos and hisses at what I consider to be an advancement in the metagame (for better or for worse) is poor show and totally goes against true ideas of competitive gaming, which involve pushing a game to its limits, exploiting every exploit and doing everything to win. It's ironic that the people so vehemently against "RP" play are the ones saying the game should be played in a certain way, because it's more fun.

T said:
Mad Dawg said:
blak said:
True...would be interesting to see Balion face BkS minus Scott Ray and Akmar
So Balion playing with 0 cav?

It honestly doesn't matter. At this point I feel you guys would more than likely win. BkS has had no real heart in this game since after the KTIT. We haven't tried to get better since then. But this is not my point...

I am more just disappointed with what competitive Warband has become. Its not really a test of skill anymore, nor has it been for a while now(including much of the time before we lost to Balion the first time)...The game has "evolved" to the point that scrims are merely seeing who can pick off the most opponents without directly engaging your enemy. Nor does it help that Battle mode is simply not meant for competitive play. After playing CS:GO a good bit, I think that warband (Warband 2 more likely) could be just as popular. But it wont be if things stay the same.

What a competitive Warband scrim used to be:
- fast paced scrims
- Engaged enemy early
- Largely infantry based
- team fighting
- cav supported engagements
What competitive Warband is now:
- long drawn out rounds
- archer based
- cav catalyst for engagements (closed maps included)
- positioning for MOTF
- waiting for MOTF
- fight over MOTF = archer spread and heavy horse bumps

tldr;
Warband has lost the brutality, teamwork, and skillset that made it fun.

ALSO, this isn't aimed at Balion either, I really do like those guys, played international tournaments with most of them anyway. I even voted 1 on the peers/peasant trade.

Glad to see more people on the "warband is boring now" bus. Been saying it for a year now, just glad I has company now.

captain lust said:
Disappointing to see the naysaying being thrown around. I'll be the first to say that Battle is a flawed gamemode but to just start slagging of the game generally is really disappointing. Especially coming from BkS who I have a lot of respect for, ability wise and in terms of what they've done for the NA scene.

I am not speaking on behalf of BkS, I am speaking for myself. Likewise Lust, you above all people should know that I love this game and want what is best for it.

captain lust said:
which involve pushing a game to its limits, exploiting every exploit and doing everything to win.

This is exactly why I am disappointed. I think I can also speak for all BkS in regards to this. What you just said is not what competitive game is nor is it how BkS views this game. Merely taking things that inexperienced devs didn't see and relying on it solely to win is NOT "enhancement of the metagame". To me it merely shows its faults/weaknesses. Lastly, there is still so much room to "push this game to the limits" especially if more people played. Its how its being pushed is the problem I have...

The point I was making remains: In order for Warband 2 to be successfully competitive, the devs need to address the obvious issues/exploits that bogged down competitive play

edit:
captain lust said:
It's ironic that the people so vehemently against "RP" play are the ones saying the game should be played in a certain way, because it's more fun.
Not even sure what you are saying here, but, notice I haven't once mentioned how I think the game SHOULD be played

captain lust said:
what I consider to be an advancement in the metagame (for better or for worse)

Core issue, and the crux of the entire conversation.

Some people see it as betterment, others see it as devolving. Regardless, it has been and is changing; whether it's good or not is entirely subjective and clearly people have different opinions on it.

Gingervitis vs. Balions Against Dueling, championship match results:

1st Map: Random Plains
BAD (Swadia): 3
Gingervitis (Vaegir): 1

BAD (Vaegir): 2
Gingervitis (Swadia): 2

Final Score: 5-3, BAD

2nd Map: Nord Town
BAD (Rhodok): 2
Gingervitis (Nord): 2

BAD (Nord): 2
Gingervitis (Rhodok): 0

Final Score: 2-0, BAD

Congratulations, Balions Against Dueling, for keeping a firm grip on the championship for Season 2!

Gingervitis takes second place this season. The 3rd place match is all that remains before the season is complete.

My classes at university start this Monday, and my schedule is packed. I don't think I'm going to have free time to assemble the statistics for this season. I didn't anticipate it taking this long to complete.

Back
Top Bottom