OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Rus Armour Pack (updated 04/25/11)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh, I dreamed that the next, what Narf do, is the winged hussar and other polish stuff from 17 century  :roll:

phoenixguard09 said:
Right I put them in but you're missing the horsetail texture. :wink:  Just thought I'd let you know that it appears to be missing.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers,

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

trueten said:
It's prolly too early to ask and not a proper thread to do it, but - what culture is going to be next?

None for quite a while, I've got some other commitments to take care of first.  I think this pack would probably get a few more items before I moved on, though.  I only got around to doing about half the stuff I had planned.

Thanks for sharing. It's amazing stuff.  :razz:

I have a problem though with some of the helmets I tried as they don't cover the face completly and small parts shine through. I tried setting the flag 'itp_fit_to_head' but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do?

That's the price of having rigged helms, I'm afraid.  Non-rigged helms will deform in order to accommodate the face morphs, rigged helms don't.  I made those helms so that they won't clip with all but the most extreme face morphs, but to fit faces with the sliders put at maximum values would have required me to alter and scale the helms to unrealistic (and ugly) proportions.  Having a helm that doesn't lose it's shape, and doesn't clip with the neck, is a worthwhile trade off for having some clipping with the extreme face morphs (still shouldn't happen very often- I've got an army of 50 guys wearing these, and I haven't noticed any face clipping...). 

However, if you really want to have the helms behave like the native ones (i.e. not rigged, and deforming according to face morph), then you can use the helms called 'inv_***' as the main helm reference.  Just use a line from one of the native helms as your module system entry, and reference the 'inv_***' item instead.  The lods won't work with that, though (at least I wouldn't think so).

Alright.

Well, I use those that are named inv_ already . The other ones flew around right in front of the guy.  It's funny but just for a little while.  :roll:  :razz:

If you're seeing the helms flying around in front of the guy, that means you didn't put the correct tupple in the module system entry.  These helms are rigged, which is why I wrote my lines with the 'attach armature' entry, and have included the ixmesh entry as well (so they show up in the inventory screen correctly).  Check the .txt I included in the download if you don't get it working right.

I missed completly that you put the py file into your packet. I will take a look at it. Thanks for helping.

Edit: Yeah, everythings fine now and no clipping anymore. Big thanks for your work!

Another great OSP again, Narf. Thanks for this, I especially like to use the helms in these pack with your Transitional Armours mod.  :grin:

I just got a small issue with the helmets. When I'm swinging a weapon from a certain direction on horseback, my neck appears to get exposed. I guess this is some kind of a rigging issue. Can't make any screenshot right now, alas, so I'm putting it up tomorrow.  :oops:

Yeah, I know that happens, and there's nothing I can really do to fix it.  The head isn't rigged, so with a really drastic animation like that the neck doesn't bend, and therefore pokes through. 

hi, i have a workaround to this, basically i made a face model and insert that into the aventail of the helmet. then i use the command that disables the head model when wearing helmets.

to me this is an optimal solution because the warband faces a bad anyway.

That was my first solution as well, but I thought is was too obviously not the right face when you switch between the different races.  Plus, it doesn't help at all for the helms with the open faces, which are still rigged and also clip with the neck.  The ideal solution would be for the devs to rig the head, imo.  For now, I'd still rather deal with that one animation clipping than having the non-rigged helms that clip with every animation (the static aventails always bothered me).

Back
Top Bottom