OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Rus Armour Pack (updated 04/25/11)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and modding, so I would like to ask anyone over there if you can explain me how to install this mod. I've seen the screenshots and the mod is A-W-E-S-O-M-E  :grin: , as well as Narf's Transitional Armor pack, but I am unable to see them at the markets in-game. I copied the files into my Native module folder, added the lines which are meant to be in the module.ini file but still I am unable to see the armour pieces. Please help! :sad:

Did you copy the item_kinds1 lines into the item_kinds1 file in your mod folder, and then add number of new objects to the number at the top of said file?

yes, I added the lines from item_kinds_lines to my item_kinds1 in my Native folder, but maybe my mistake is that I added the lines from module_system_lines to the module.ini file. I added those at the bottom of module.ini ... I also saw the 1.127 files but unfortunately I have Warband 1.134, so the won't be compatible either.

Well, that is certainly a mistake. Delete the module system lines from module.ini, you won't be needing them if you're adding this to the base game. All you have to do in module.ini is find the Load_resource lines, and then add load_mod_resource "whatever the name of the .brf file is for this mod". Also, make sure you increased the number at the top of the item kinds file to match the new objects you're adding to the game, and that you put the new objects in before the objects_end line.

ok, I did what you said, the are in the markets...but...they're invisible. Game says unable to find mesh. It's a problem for all the items I put in.

kris4015 said:
yep, brf is in the Resource folder, added the line in the module.ini to read the brf.  :neutral:
Otherwise you would have some very noticable problems.

Maybe try to copy some merchandise armor, such as lamellar armor or coat of plates. Choose anything that you can see in shops.

Since you intruduced yourself with

I'm new to the forum and modding

it is most probably just a tiny thing that went wrong. I guess the best thing to do is to simply remove it and redo it step by step. The simple, stupid mistakes are known to hide very well.

Yes, that migh be best thing to do.
Here, quick reminder of what you have to do, just in case you missed something:

copy resource files into resource folder in your mod
copy textures into textures folder
at the bottom of module.ini add line load_mod_resource = rus_armor_pack - or however it is called
open item kinds and find lamellar armor or coat of plates line, copy it at the bottom of item kinds file
rename name in first bracet, something like rus_armor
in third bracet type name of armor that you can see in openBRF, best would be if you would click right mouse button on armor in openBRF and choose rename, than select all and copy, and than go to item kinds and paste that in third bracet
go at the top of the file (item kinds) and increase number you see for one (if you added one armor)
that should be it.

YESSSS!!! Thanks for the tips guys, deleted the copied files and lines, moved all of them again, added the lines carefully and changed the number of items. Now it works flawlessly!  :grin: :mrgreen:

Absolute fantastic work. I using ingame only your armor! You working at some news things?
Many, many thanks Narf!!!

Can someone help me?When i go to the shop it says missing mesh  :evil: can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong?

I tried to do it all night but it still doesnt work  :mad: i have Warband 1.134 pleaaaase help me  :???:

Keep getting unable to open file Rus_armour_pack.brf
Tried to copy item_kinds lines like iggorbb said but I don't really follow what he's said.

Edit: Nevermind, just renamed the brf file -_-

Back
Top Bottom