OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Plate Armour Pack (UPDATED FOR WARBAND, 06/11/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not big on the Renaissance era these days myself, but this pack looks really high quality good!

Swadian Man at Arms said:
How can I add them in warband ? It crashes everytime if I edit something on itemkinds1.txt and troops.txt (and I'm not using editors).

Narf, tell me please how to add them in Warband, I have no experience in modding with that expansion.

I have no idea, I've never tried to do it myself.  I hear the shaders get glitchy, though.  I took a quick look at one of the warband models in max, and it looks like maybe the skeleton has been altered.  Or maybe they just changed the names of the bones, I don't know.  Anyway, the models from native may need to be re-rigged to work in Warband.  You should check around the Warband modding threads to see if there's any info there.

Karel said:
Gothic Knight said:
Karel said:
Wow, very beautifull.
But.... how many polygons?  :mrgreen:

Probably not much. Why don't you download the BRF editor and find out?

I don't even lnow how to do that with MY models, so... ^^

The helms are pretty low poly, the armours are around 1500-1600 ish.  Can't remember.  They do have .lod2 support.  Like I said before, these are literally the first models I ever made, so don't expect miracles.  If I did them over, I would change a huge amount of stuff about them. 

Also, follow this link for OpenBRF. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72279.0.html
I can't understand why you're making models, or even downloading them, without knowing how to use this little beauty.  It's so very, very easy.  Self-explanatory, even. 

Narf, tell me please how to add them in Warband, I have no experience in modding with that expansion.
You can do what I did and replace the standard plate armour with the new model, that's as simple finding the plate armor entry in item kinds and telling it to use milanese_plate or whatever he named the models in the BRF.

Also, Narf, excellent work. I replaced the native Plate and Scale armours with your Milanese and Gothic and I quite like it.  :grin:

I hope you decide to maybe make some helmets and release those as OSP as well.

Edit : Since I got a few PMs asking me how I did this.
Alright, here's the easiest way to do it.

First, you need to put the BRF into the Resource folder of your module, Native in this example, and the DDS files into the Textures folder. Make sure you're putting them in the module and not the main folder, it should be Mount&Blade/Modules/Native (or whatever mod)/Resources.

Second, you want to make sure the Module is reading the BRF. Open up the module.ini, it's basically a text file, and you should see a lot of lines that say load_resource = 'stuff'. Go to the last entry like that, I think it's barrier primitives and under that type in " load_mod_resource = Narf's_Plate_Armour ".

Thirdly, if you want to just replace an in-game item with Narf's model like I did, open Item_kinds.txt and find the entry for plate mail. Control + F is useful here, you'll also want to make sure you don't have word wrap on.

Find the bit that says full_plate_armor and replace it with milanese_plate.

Native's plate armor will now use Narf's Milanese plate model.

You can do this with anything else, but you'll need to find out the names of the models inside the BRF, which you'll want to download OpenBRF to figure out, just reverse engineer these steps to do it with other models and items.

CRACKING HELL!!!!l!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
you're good!
add it to warband should be a good idea!

greetz, a very happy king Berend :mrgreen:

A question do you have a plan to make also female armors?
Mount and Blade are really sexist they forgot to make female armors.

I'm in the process of adding a bunch of other stuff to Warband already.  If I can keep motivated, I may continue afterwards and do this stuff as well.  The helms shouldn't be too much of a hassle, in any case.  The two suits of full plate, though, will probably be a huge pain in the ass.  I foresee some serious procrastinating there.   

Err, no.  I do not intend to make any 'female' armours.  This is not a question of sexism, just historical reference.  If a woman were to wear a salet helm, it would be the same as the one a man would wear.  The whole fantasy armour/lingerie for female characters that you find in other games would be utterly out of place in a pseudo-historical game like MnB.  Real, historical armour was designed to protect the vital organs of the human body, which would be in pretty much the same locations regardless of gender.  The only difference from male to female armours, therefore, would likely be matters of 'tailoring'- which most of the armours in MnB do actually account for.  For me, though, basing my models on historical precedent (as much as I can), I don't see any reason to make strictly 'female' armour, which, in most games, end up actually beeing far more sexist than the MnB varieties. 

Excellent work, thank you! Are there any chance that we might se some transitional plate in this pack?  :smile:
Also will these work in warband?

Bear paw shoes? :lol: Those things are hilarious. The rest of your update is downright gorgeous. What is your reference for the bear paw shoes? :razz:

FrisianDude said:
Bear paw shoes? :lol: Those things are hilarious. The rest of your update is downright gorgeous. What is your reference for the bear paw shoes? :razz:
http://images.google.it/images?um=1&hl=it&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it:eek:fficial&tbs=isch:1&q=landsknecht+shoes&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

FrisianDude said:

These were in my reference pictures folder.  The shoes I made weren't based on any one image in particular, I think I basically just had a whole bunch of images from which I made a composite. A bunch of the images on the page fedeita posted look familiar as well.
shoes.jpg

After looking at them again, I see that I should have done them a bit differently.  Perhaps some tweaks to the mesh may improve them?
Untitled-2-2.jpg

Anyway, however hilarious my interpretation of these shoes may be, they certainly were worn by landsknechts, and subsequently by civilians (as was the case with many landsknecht fashions).  The earlier three-toed bear-paw was supplanted by a more slipper-like version later.

Thanks to all for the feedback  :grin:

Nonono, your interpretation is awesome, it just seemed a silly type of footwear to me.  Still do actually, though it seems to have been a common thing. Oh well, Landsknechts were crazy. :lol:

You should thank Creative Assembly and Medieval 2: Total War makers for those plate armor textures! :lol:

But, Yes, they really look good.

Back
Top Bottom