OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Men-at-Arms Armour Pack - UPDATE RELEASED 2016-09-19

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there Somebody!

Back when the alpha update for the pack was released by Narf I tried stitching up the meshes in all the possible combinations I believe. You should check this link out:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xkmek2hvsmll1nh/AAA38swu9kNHTZ78iLyEEPTha?dl=0

It might help you create more combinations for the armors :grin:

I separated it into the aketons and brigandines in on pack, then the mail hauberks. There is also all the possible combinations (i think) of the kettlehats with hoods as well as the padded coif and mail coif. I also combined the cuisses with the boots and greaves. There is also a pack for the salets. I hope this helps you :grin:

Well, this is a pleasant surprise!
I also have the plate armor pack installed and after installing this I ran into an issue with the cased greaves displaying incorrectly. I can get screenshots tomorrow when my computer gets turned back on if necessary.

Other than that this is spectacular work that fits my own little personal mod that I just dug out after a few years perfectly.

Seal_1 said:
I also have the plate armor pack installed and after installing this I ran into an issue with the cased greaves displaying incorrectly. I can get screenshots tomorrow when my computer gets turned back on if necessary.

Other than that this is spectacular work that fits my own little personal mod that I just dug out after a few years perfectly.

The texture for the new models of the greaves have the same name for the old ones so it could've mixed up a bit. You could rename the textures for the new models as well as the old ones so it wouldn't get mixed up  :grin:

delta2488 said:
Seal_1 said:

The texture for the new models of the greaves have the same name for the old ones so it could've mixed up a bit. You could rename the textures for the new models as well as the old ones so it wouldn't get mixed up  :grin:

Thin it's something with the meshes since it's almost like two sets of greaves is being displayed at once.

Seal_1 said:
delta2488 said:
Seal_1 said:

Thin it's something with the meshes since it's almost like two sets of greaves is being displayed at once.
You have duplicates of "steel_greaves" for meshes, materials, and textures, so you'll have to sort out all three.

Ruthven said:
Seal_1 said:
delta2488 said:
Seal_1 said:

You have duplicates of "steel_greaves" for meshes, materials, and textures, so you'll have to sort out all three.

Now there's something that's beyond me. Would that be done via open brf?

Seal_1 said:
Ruthven said:
Seal_1 said:
delta2488 said:
Seal_1 said:

Now there's something that's beyond me. Would that be done via open brf?

You'll need Open Brf to do it. It really isnt that hard. There are alot of tutorials online or if I have some time i could just send you the files for it :grin:

Well, thanks for the offer! I think I'll re download it and play around a little after I get the structural design for this yacht finished though, being able to use openbrf will be helpful for this pack anyway. Boats... more important.

The animations were compiled for me by theman007.  I don't know if he has released it as a mod, I'd suggest you PM him directly.  There were dozens of new animations in it, I just picked out the ones I liked the best.

I would just suffer in learning how to use Morgh' editor so you can edit single player troops. Also, you just type a line in the module.ini for mods. Not difficult to do.

in the game i get message saying something like this couldn't load hose_kneecops.dds and the units that are wearing these items appear to just have plain black legs instead. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

fallentrojan said:
in the game i get message saying something like this couldn't load hose_kneecops.dds and the units that are wearing these items appear to just have plain black legs instead. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

Sounds like one of the materials is referencing a non-existent texture.

Get OpenBRF (https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466), and use it to open "[email protected]".

Once open, click on the Mat tab, then look for the reference to "hose_kneecops.dds", and change it to the proper name of the texture in the Tex tab.
  • DiffuseA should be hose_kneecops_green or hose_kneecops_red
  • Bump should be hose_kneecops_norm
  • Specular should be hose_kneecops_spec
Assuming none of the textures have been renamed, that is. 

Back
Top Bottom