Napoleonic Wars Source Code released.

Users who are viewing this thread

MadocComadrin said:
And I doubt that all the players that bought NW are playing it as well. Neither this nor that changes the fact that the  potential playerbase for NW is more limited. It's something to consider when mods are already competing for the scarce total available attention.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
actual current playerbase of Warband is propably about the same size as the NW playersbase

Wow, that's probably the most stupid thing I've read this week. :smile:

Just take a look at the current Server list.  :wink:

*waves little flag* I'm still here and I bought warband on the day of release, I also got NW very shortly after release. I have to say I would play warband anyday over NW, for a multitude of reasons.

I know for a fact that I have player warband almost everyday since I got it for several hours each time, however I have so for played NW 5 times since I got it and tbh, I want my money back. I do not enjoy playing it, I don't like anything about it tbh and I am proberally never going to play it again. Also what you may be forgetting vince is that, while you can boast about having so many people on NW, I can safely say that 1 MP mod on warband can nutralise your most popular server for NW at their peak times and ontop of that you are missing the nurmiours amounts of other mp mods that easaly equal your mods population and then not forgetting single player there must be countless more.

Quite simply saying "well my mod brought in 200,000 more players" is pointless unless you add in WFaS into the comparison aswell as that was what you should have done, a stand alone meaning that us warband players can live in peace.

Well that doesnt matter. What he was trying to say is, that basing your mod on the NW source code will still bring players to it, since 200.000+ bought the game...
And I did not say that all old players went away, I said that the ammount of active players is the same.

Whatever, doesnt matter... Lets just stop this stupid discussion.

I'm curious to see how NW is going to fare in the battle of the MP mods with Warband. New quality mod development tends to happen where the player base is greater, so that would tell us something.

Sorry, but you're just lacking some basic logics here, mate.

Let's try again... NW is a DLC for Warband, in case you didn't notice that one yet. Therefore NW players are part of Warband's playerbase. Whether they like it, or not. Making a mod based on Warband will allow you to gain attention of "clean" Warband players, as well as NW players. Making a mod based on NW will give you only NW players.

Such words...
actual current playerbase of Warband is propably about the same size as the NW playersbase
... means that:

a) All players Warband players bought NW, therefore all Warband community consists only of NW players - which is total bull****
...or...
b) All NW players are so dedicated to your DLC, that they won't play any other Warband mod - which is also total bull****

I don't understand dispute, on as I understand it is possible to use resources a fashion. You only should establish a script of check of a key. That here strange that people simply thus sell resources made them if you don't want to use all resource use, if want only a part, unfortunately developers not in shop and can't sell parts
And not especially important how many here people plays NW, it is important that developers gave the chance to us to use their resources for work, but ask that then those who would use resources paid for them

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:

Sorry, but you're just lacking some basic logics here, mate.

Let's try again... NW is a DLC for Warband, in case you didn't notice that one yet. Therefore NW players are part of Warband's playerbase. Whether they like it, or not. Making a mod based on Warband will allow you to gain attention of "clean" Warband players, as well as NW players. Making a mod based on NW will give you only NW players.

Such words...
... means that:

a) All players Warband players bought NW, therefore all Warband community consists only of NW players - which is total bull****
...or...
b) All NW players are so dedicated to your DLC, that they won't play any other Warband mod - which is also total bull****

Thats actually true... I think that a large portion of NW players only play NW, but yes, youre right, not all of them. Still, as I said already, I do not think that 200.000 players is a small playerbase to base upon.

Well, at the end it depends on the modders, wheter they want to use the NW source code or not. I guess that only for a small portion of mods the NW sourcecode is actually helpfull, since it is mainly made for musket mods. On the other side, whoever wants to make a linear campaign with RPG elements should better base his mod on NW sourcecode. (Though, I guess most players want a M&B style campaign.)

I guess there is maaaaaaybe one mod here that reached 200.000 players that downloaded the mod and played it atleast one time on one server. But I am pretty sure that no other mod has reached that cap yet. (Multiplayer mods) But that does not have anyhting todo with the discussion.. :razz:

lord_olafson said:
On the other side, whoever wants to make a linear campaign with RPG elements should better base his mod on NW sourcecode.
Would you please explain a bit more how would the MP-only NW help me make a singleplayer campaign?
Or is NW not MP-only, and I simply don't know of its super-awesome SP campaign?

Leberecht Reinhold said:
They started developing a SP so I guess it could have some useful stuff.
Ah, that makes sense. Understandable that they cut their losses there, it's a lot of work, and typical NW players don't look like they have the attention span for SP, so there's no business case (as opposed to modding case).
Hopefully, a competent team will take it on and finish it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do not think that there is a barrier a sum of 6 dollars what to play in good mod even if the person doesn't play NW

Why should they buy the game to play a free mod? that is just stupid.

Im saying mod makers for native would most probably stick to the natvie files and not use the NW one as it would cut their player base.

Why not own both, and play mods of both ?

Cut off with them negative waves.

There is no split in the player base. It is still the same numbers as on release of both. Some go away for a time, other come in. Then they return and the others take a break. Been always like this with warband imo.

Plus after a while away there is more offer of mods to entertain or at least try new stuff out, like many mods with "original ideas beyond the skinning and modelling" that you can play.

Back
Top Bottom