Napoleonic Wars: Scening Support

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to retexture the Castle_Door, in order to make it more legit for a map I'm working on. I dont know if this is the correct place to ask, but does anyone know what the correct File is called and where it is located?

I cant find it at all. :sad:

\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Textures

Should be

However next time you should ask these kind of questions somewhere else, Because the texturing part is not really something to do with scening. :grin:

gokiller said:

Should be

However next time you should ask these kind of questions somewhere else, Because the texturing part is not really something to do with scening. :grin:

I asked for the file, not the Folder. I'm not a complete retard.  :wink:

Talii said:
gokiller said:

Should be

I asked for the file, not the Folder. I'm not a complete retard.  :wink:

And you asked where it would be located. :wink:

I am working on a Siege map, But I used Quatre Bras as a Base Template. Will this affect The Spawning of the Capturable Siege flag?

Also, The Movable Ladders I'm using are kind of problematic. I placed 4 Siege_laddeR_move, placed entry points and fixed the variables, but when i go to TDM to test it, only 1 ladder actually works, the others you just walk right trough.

Help would be appreciated. :smile:

Well, somewhere along the line you're going to have to swap the scene code so you map is on a siege map. Here's Refleax's explanation that probably explains it better than me. If you need to know how to swap the scene code I can tell you how.

Refleax said:
Since Fort Fleetwood is a siege map you can only select it from the Siege drop down menu.
What you can do is simply rename the Fort Fleetwood.sco file that you have edited to one of the battle maps, also .. don't forget to replace the scene code too.
I was asking how to get a map out of siege, so you'll want to swap the words battle and siege when you're reading that.
As for the ladders, check the entry points and properties of the ladder that does work, and compare it to those that don't.

Artaxias said:
Well, somewhere along the line you're going to have to swap the scene code so you map is on a siege map. Here's Refleax's explanation that probably explains it better than me. If you need to know how to swap the scene code I can tell you how.

Refleax said:
Since Fort Fleetwood is a siege map you can only select it from the Siege drop down menu.
What you can do is simply rename the Fort Fleetwood.sco file that you have edited to one of the battle maps, also .. don't forget to replace the scene code too.
I was asking how to get a map out of siege, so you'll want to swap the words battle and siege when you're reading that.
As for the ladders, check the entry points and properties of the ladder that does work, and compare it to those that don't.

Thanks alot mate.

I made a small teamdead match map.
And set the entrypoints 0 - 64 in my map.
And most of the time you spawn correctly
But Sometimes you spawn in one of the houses.
The weird thing is that there is no entrypoint there.
And its the same location everytime you spawn in the house.
Can someone please help me with this?

I have a question, though I am not sure if this thread is still as active as it once was.

Is there a way to place down grass without manually placing the object? I know the middle mouse click trick, but that resets the ground texture back to what it was originally, much like when you use middle mouse click in elevation mode. I have not found a way to just add grass. The middle mouse click method works, in a way, but, without starting my custom map with a copy or specific seed, I cannot place steepe grass (The yellowy grass) on a map. Just wondering if there is an easy way?

Cheers for any help that is given, MushMan

lerty37 said:
Is there a simpler way to get your map saved as a new custom map because always get deleted and i have to start over

Hi. Not quite sure what you are asking, but I can think of two possible answers that might suit your question.

1. After editing a scene you (in edit mode) simply go back to view-mode by hitting CTRL+E to leave edit mode to save it. When you are going to edit it again you will continue scening where you last stopped by starting the map in the adminstrator panel.

2. All edited scenes will be saved in the SceneObj. folder in Steamapps>Common>M&b:Warband>Modules>Napoleonic Wars>SceneObj. Dropbox is an easy way to save scenes; make a copy of the scene file and paste it into a dropbox folder named w/e (other variations are; upload the file to a teamspeak3 channel, upload it to another online server or save it on another HDD/SSD or an external one.). If you don't do this the scene file will be replaced to it's original state either due to; you validated your M&B:Warband files over steam. Secondly, new patches and game-updates may overwrite your SceneObj. and other Warband-related folders.

Hope this helped.

SvenssonHD said:
lerty37 said:
Is there a simpler way to get your map saved as a new custom map because always get deleted and i have to start over

Hi. Not quite sure what you are asking, but I can think of two possible answers that might suit your question.

1. After editing a scene you (in edit mode) simply go back to view-mode by hitting CTRL+E to leave edit mode to save it. When you are going to edit it again you will continue scening where you last stopped by starting the map in the adminstrator panel.

2. All edited scenes will be saved in the SceneObj. folder in Steamapps>Common>M&b:Warband>Modules>Napoleonic Wars>SceneObj. Dropbox is an easy way to save scenes; make a copy of the scene file and paste it into a dropbox folder named w/e (other variations are; upload the file to a teamspeak3 channel, upload it to another online server or save it on another HDD/SSD or an external one.). If you don't do this the scene file will be replaced to it's original state either due to; you validated your M&B:Warband files over steam. Secondly, new patches and game-updates may overwrite your SceneObj. and other Warband-related folders.

Hope this helped.
sorry i shouldve been more clear. what i meant was how to get my custom map saved in the sceneobj folder adn scenes.txt areas.

When you leave edit-mode the custom map file will appear in your SceneObj. folder. Hit CTRL+F in the folder and type in ''custom'' and it should pop up.

Then I suggest you check if you didn't delete anything. All custom maps are located in the sceneOBJ.

scn_mp_custom_map_10
scn_mp_custom_map_13
scn_mp_custom_map_14
scn_mp_custom_map_16
scn_mp_custom_map_17
scn_mp_custom_map_19
scn_mp_custom_map_20

And I bet there are some more.

Otherwise just edit the map you were on. save, and look back in the sceneOBJ file and enable a filter as last eddited.

Unless you mean that you want to create a completly new map file+code. This should be it.

gokiller said:
Then I suggest you check if you didn't delete anything. All custom maps are located in the sceneOBJ.

scn_mp_custom_map_10
scn_mp_custom_map_13
scn_mp_custom_map_14
scn_mp_custom_map_16
scn_mp_custom_map_17
scn_mp_custom_map_19
scn_mp_custom_map_20

Otherwise just edit the map you were on. save, and look back in the sceneOBJ file and enable a filter as last eddited.

Unless you mean that you want to create a completly new map file+code. This should be it.
I still dont see them and some of my friends dont see them either i only see the quick battle scenes but i doubt thats it. should i just redownload the game?

lerty37 said:
gokiller said:

scn_mp_custom_map_10
scn_mp_custom_map_13
scn_mp_custom_map_14
scn_mp_custom_map_16
scn_mp_custom_map_17
scn_mp_custom_map_19
scn_mp_custom_map_20

I still dont see them and some of my friends dont see them either i only see the quick battle scenes but i doubt thats it. should i just redownload the game?

No, you don't have to do that mate.

Place a random object in your custom map, save it and the .obj file should appear.

Refleax said:
lerty37 said:
gokiller said:

scn_mp_custom_map_10
scn_mp_custom_map_13
scn_mp_custom_map_14
scn_mp_custom_map_16
scn_mp_custom_map_17
scn_mp_custom_map_19
scn_mp_custom_map_20

No, you don't have to do that mate.

Place a random object in your custom map, save it and the .obj file should appear.
OK i did those steps and i saved the custom map but i still don't see any sceneobj folder for it.

Back
Top Bottom