Napoleonic Wars LAN Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Jastrick

Recruit
Hi all,

Having an issue that has me utterly puzzled. I'm hosting a Napoleonic Wars LAN today. Everyone has their own copy of the game.

If we try to connect to a LAN server, we get a "Invalid Authorization Key" error.

We ARE all able to connect to an online server however, but with the copious amounts of Lag that comes with 16 people connecting online in a single house.

This is my 7th Napoleonic Wars LAN, and I have NEVER seen this issue before. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much

I'm having this same problem, actually. Played countless Napeolonic Wars LAN battles in the past and now have not been able to play over LAN for a week.  Every time I try to join a game (over LAN and if we try to host online), it says, "Invalid Authorization Key." All serial keys are different, private IP addresses are different, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and unblocked all firewalls. Nothing has changed since the last time I played (i.e. no new computers, service providers, locations, etc.). I've got the game on Steam and both vanilla Warband and Fire & Sword can be played over LAN with no issue.

So...any ideas? I've asked across several forums, social media sites, and through TaleWorlds support, but apparently no one's in an answering mood since my queries have been ignored.  I could really use the assistance if anyone's heard of this problem, since owning Napoleonic Wars has been completely useless to me for a month now.

Back in April or May, something similar happened to vanilla Warband where my Steam code was no longer being accepted. I had to go in to the local game files and delete some stuff to get it to work again. If this is anything like that, does anyone at least know which files I should look for (or delete)?

Thanks.

No, no dedicated server. I've never needed to before now for small LAN games (usually four real players or less, all in the same location).

Well, a local listen server tends to not always work in my experience.
Try using the dedicated server files and enabling 'add server to game server list = 1' or whatever its named.
It sounds contradictory but sometimes it won't work without that either.
After that it should show up in the LAN section of servers.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that and let you know what happens. I just find it a little ridiculous that I can't play two-person LAN games out of the blue when there were never problems before.

Valve Anti-Cheat proved to be the problem in my case. Unfortunately, server administration panel lacks the option to disable it, so I've made a little utility to disable the option in the game's memory. It should work for the current Steam version and any module.
Download here: bit.ly/1UiYFi5. Just launch the application while running the game on the server start page.

IllidanS4 said:
For the new version of the application, please see here: bit.ly/2u4aR14

You may want to use the dedicated server version and set the valve anti-cheat line to 0 in the configuration file.
This would skip you the hassle of fixing it after every updates  :wink:

Ra'Jiska said:
IllidanS4 said:
For the new version of the application, please see here: bit.ly/2u4aR14

You may want to use the dedicated server version and set the valve anti-cheat line to 0 in the configuration file.
This would skip you the hassle of fixing it after every updates  :wink:

Possible, but some people would rather not set up a whole server when they only want to play with their friends. The UI should contain this option, like every other module does. Personally, I have no need for this anymore, since after the update, the problems I had were fixed, but someone requested an update.

Back
Top Bottom