Napoleonic DLC to Single Player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone have any idea when we can see this happening? Like the native sandbox game but with Napoleonic stuffs.

I prefer playing this on SP to slowly adapt to the weapons and stuffs.

If it's already there, sorry for the post and can someone point me there?

Thanks in advance!

That would be awesome...but I don't know how hard it would be to do this.

rizashahril said:
Anyone have any idea when we can see this happening? Like the native sandbox game but with Napoleonic stuffs.

I prefer playing this on SP to slowly adapt to the weapons and stuffs.

If it's already there, sorry for the post and can someone point me there?

Thanks in advance!

What a stupid idea. Its not for the M&B game. Go and play NTW.

The makers said they had a sp campaign, but decided it didn't work.  Some things related to the module system need to be released. It should be possible for a modder soon.

Anyone saying this is too hard to code, I am quite sure it isn't. And yes, there are 20+ threads about this, but I (and probably a lot of other people) still think it would be the most awesome thing the devs could do now, so it's not that hard to see why. So those saying it's impossible, think again. And NTW is a whole different game to NW, just like MIITW compared to the original Warband.

Singleplayer Mods in Developement

[WB] L'AIGLE: Napoleonic Warfare (no Beta released at moment)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195571.0.html

1812-1815 Napoleonic (actual Single Beta Version may not work due to Warband update but there will be an update soon / Multiplayer Beta stopped due to NW)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,279.0.html

[Europe 1805] Development: version II

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186724.0.html

Maroon said:
Anyone saying this is too hard to code, I am quite sure it isn't. And yes, there are 20+ threads about this, but I (and probably a lot of other people) still think it would be the most awesome thing the devs could do now, so it's not that hard to see why. So those saying it's impossible, think again. And NTW is a whole different game to NW, just like MIITW compared to the original Warband.
+1

If you look in the module files (dialogues, troops and sounds), you may see clues about a possible solo.

For example, there are several quests dialogues or discussions between characters. In sound files, we can see a file called "mission_narrator_1", it's a man who tells a story (my English is bad so I can not understand everything). In mass units, there are several (approximately twenty) characters, like companions, with names such as "Maxim Mannig Schmidt" or "Alexandre Durand".

Should we see a future solo? I hope.  :wink:

Aztir said:
there are some maps in a folder for NW called Singleplayer...

These maps are used for the tutorial.

Ah yes I remmeber the devs talking about how they had programmed in a womanizing drunken Dutch Mercenary pirate by the name of Maxim Manning Schmidt or something. His story dialogue should still be in there, apparently he acquires the services of a dodgey young colonial by the name of Tass... something rather... forgot the rest.

It made beta testing the SP so much more amusing I thought. :grin:
Pity about the subsequent crashes though when you killed him ^_^

Some might say that he is still very much a part of the game.

Vincenzo said:
During our programming of single player for some reason the companion by the name of Maxim always got constantly drunk and then team-killed half the starting squad.

Sounds like she lives on under the name of Admiral Betty.

drigoly said:
go play NTW, you can't make a SP and fight napoleanic wars with 200 units on each side.

Er, with a good enough machine you can, and higher- by the way, the current player limit in multiplayer servers is 200, that is 100 per side. Furthermore, there are existing mods and some being developed based in this period, and of course WFAS which was a gunpowder game, not to mention Warband which also allows fewer troops than sometimes fought in real life (assuming limited number of soldiers is your objection). Oh, and the makers of this DLC did develop a singleplayer version but the result didn't meet their satisfaction so it was scrapped. So it wouldn't be at all silly to think a singleplayer version was a good idea.

This will seem a bit melodramatic but every time I play Multiplayer, I am crushed by two simple realities: 1) Multiplayer depends on players. I cannot enjoy the DLC half the time as nobody is online. The devs are wasting their creation. This will only get worse in the months ahead. As there is no Single Player mode, this gorgeous version of Warband will disappear into the ether. I have got to say that is very silly. 2) Simply allowing single player with the old Warband AI, buildings and map would be far far from perfect, but at least it would increase the longevity of the game and allow modders to finish the rest. Getting rid of SP all together is seriously misreading the market.

But the bottom line: Paradox! If you release Single Player for this DLC, I will pay for it! I will also pay a lot more than $10US. 

Back
Top Bottom