SP Musket Era Napoleon : Conquest Europe -- v2.3 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any intention to make the mod more friendly to starting characters of non-noble origin? I tried a peasant character, and with the horrendous starting skills, lack of equipment (not even a shirt?), and limited equipment within a starting character's budget (ONLY military uniforms for sale? I couldn't even buy a shirt), there was very little I could do to get started. The roving bands of hostile peasants all numbered at least 45 troops (and Warband's terrible pathing made me run straight into them on a couple of occasions, despite trying to run in the exact opposite direction), I don't have the skills to trade, and the missions I was offered all required a relatively large and well-trained army to have any hope of accomplishing.

After walking around for a few in-game weeks, and earning about 20-30 gold through trade, eating only bread, and not sleeping in towns (which costs money), I gave up and restarted with a military graduate. That turned out to be an officer with a tiny band of troops which will bankrupt you in a couple of weeks, but isn't large enough to engage even a weak group of angry peasants. Once the money ran out, I had to restart. After a third try, and an inability to find any way of generating income, I gave up on it. Any advice?

The Napoleonic period uniforms look great, but the mod seems barely playable as a non-noble at the moment. Good luck if you continue with it.

Is there any intention to make the mod more friendly to starting characters of non-noble origin? I tried a peasant character, and with the horrendous starting skills, lack of equipment (not even a shirt?), and limited equipment within a starting character's budget (ONLY military uniforms for sale? I couldn't even buy a shirt), there was very little I could do to get started. The roving bands of hostile peasants all numbered at least 45 troops (and Warband's terrible pathing made me run straight into them on a couple of occasions, despite trying to run in the exact opposite direction), I don't have the skills to trade, and the missions I was offered all required a relatively large and well-trained army to have any hope of accomplishing.

After walking around for a few in-game weeks, and earning about 20-30 gold through trade, eating only bread, and not sleeping in towns (which costs money), I gave up and restarted with a military graduate. That turned out to be an officer with a tiny band of troops which will bankrupt you in a couple of weeks, but isn't large enough to engage even a weak group of angry peasants. Once the money ran out, I had to restart. After a third try, and an inability to find any way of generating income, I gave up on it. Any advice?

The Napoleonic period uniforms look great, but the mod seems barely playable as a non-noble at the moment. Good luck if you continue with it.
Ah, thanks for your feedback, i will work more on it
Actually I am making some new civilian uniforms like dress and shirts

I will add more making-money skills like trade, and I will increase the money amount for the beginning (like 1500 coins? or 2000 coins?)

And you can recurit troopers in the town when you have money, you can gather a huge army in the short time as long as you have money. I will add that feature into the castle.

And you know many people use cheats to play the mods, so I don't think the making money is a big deal (Ctrl+X) .

But I will re-design the money system if you don't use cheats to play the mods

----

As for the civilian uniform well, you know, making other people make models for you is not a cheap option, even a dress. A dress 3d model will cost you more than you buy a real one. (laugh, although I am too fat to wear it), so more models means more money, and I can't make them well. So i will make some civilian uniforms.

Last edited:
A basic native Warband peasant shirt or dress isn't ideal for the timeframe, but it's more believable than having your starting character running around half-naked because nobody sells basic civilian clothing. Thanks for the reply and consideration.

Back
Top Bottom